It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am changing my way of living.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Come this March, I am leaving society. 17 Years old, way over my head, but I would rather live natural and with nature than live with pointless worries and a perverted truth.

Maybe I will come back when one of the following happens.

If you don't believe in conspiracies:

When the human race decides to be mature.

If you do:

When the human race takes power back.

or

When the monetary system is abolished.

When this happens, gladly will i come back and contribute to society. until then, never will i think of such a thing.

I live in Canada and tend to go north for spring and summer into the mountains for good source of meat and the vegetation that lies at the bottom in particular areas. for winter i will be going east for the abundance of moose, deer, and lots of tall thin lumber for quick sturdy shelters that keep me warm.

I've learned how to do everything from gutting an animal to fixing my broken bones, starting a fire with barely anything and how to grow vegetables for long term stops. I still have a few months, right now i am learning all i can, getting the few items i need very carefully, and then i am on my way. My parents do not mind i am giving up my institutional education for this, because my dad has been where i am going. sadly, and thankfully, my mom and him met, and had me so his responsibilities changed, he took out a student loan and went to collage to support my mom and i.

I ask myself, am i abandoning my responsibilities? Then i realize, you have to have a basis of morality to have a basis of responsibility. ours is given to us by our culture, in other words, its man made, and completely opinion based. To say i must go to school, only says you want me to. so on, so forth.

I understand some people think this system is great and all, but if you haven't taken the time to look at other possibilities, your just hopelessly imprisoned.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
OK. CHILL.

The last thing you need is the police sending a search party out for you. Secondly, you need skills and you need to test those skills.

You can do this when you turn 18. You need a simple survival handbook. Equipment that will keep you warm and dry in any condition. And a rifle+ammo.

I recommend looking through this forum and reading up on survival skills. Learn what you can and test those skills before committing yourself to a long term process.

I am no one to tell you 'no'. But I am going to advise on the side of caution. I am a guy who is very well trained and can survive in harsh conditions. This doesn't mean, however, that it is any easier for me. It's still difficult and it weighs on your mind.

Find a buddy (Or a tough girlfriend) that can tough it out with you. On your own-YOU WILL GO CRAZY. And a cloudy mind means a quick death in the wild. I know the idea of getting out sounds so good, even I think about it. But as a guy who tests his skills every day, I can tell you that your lack of experience WILL KILL YOU.

So study up, get a part time job, and save for the equipment and books you need. DO NOT do it before then. Have patience.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Not to knock you buddy, if this is what you want to do then more power to you.

But did you ever think of trying to help fix the ills of society that you have problems with? I don’t think you are running away from society, I look at your journey to almost be monk-like, but I think your time would be better used if you used your knowledge to implement some change.

You’re pretty young and we need your generation to be the revolutionaries of the future. It's your choice no one can hate you for it. Just make sure you looked at all sides of the banana before you call it rotten.

And I don’t like how society is myself, but I’m trying to change it. Just a thought.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yea absolutely, Ull want to stock up, learn more, test your skills etc. I've been thinking of doing this when I am much older, I understand where you are coming from, society is so messed up these days, I wish we could go back to the days where natives roamed free and actually took care of the environment and lived how we are meant to live.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Do what you will, but since you've decided to share this with the public, here's my two cents. I agree with the above poster to be cautious, and maybe try this out first before you get yourself into something which you may later regret (or which may kill you).

Furthermore society has not given me my morals or ethics, I made my own way, and they are very different from that of your average person.

Finally you don't have to go into the corporate world or buy into what your spoon fed as a child. You can choose to take a career path which will land you in a field of work helping others, or helping the world- you know, actually helping society become a better place rather than running away.

You probably think your really tough to be able to do these things, but it just strikes me as cowardice.

[edit on 2009/11/5 by Seventhdoor]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Good for you man.
I would love to go with you.
Just have a paid spot to go to where you won't get booted off the land.
I am in Ontario as wel.
Make sure you have a gun as the bears and wolves can get a bit to confident and close.
Good for you in whatever you decide to do.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

lets all tapdance to failure

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Watch this before you go....Or maybe this is your inspiration...I hope not.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by abandonednation
But did you ever think of trying to help fix the ills of society that you have problems with?

If your beloved leaders and overlords can't fix the ills of society, what chance does a mere slave have fixing any of this? And heck, why fix BROKEN? When your toaster breaks, you toss it in the trash and get a new one. The only way to fix the ills of society is to get rid of those that make it so ill. Tear it all down and start over anew.

It's time to rise up and riot and take back the planet, people, but of course with so many cowards today, that's an impossible dream too. So, I agree with the OP. Go find a safe secure remote hiding place, and kick back and await humanity to destroy itself, which it surely will within the next couple of years. I myself have a secret retreat way up north deep in Canada with others, was up there for a couple months this summer getting things ready. Maybe we'll bump into each other one day in the woods.
Good luck. Oh, and stay safe. There are bears in them woods too, ha.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Something more i should add. I've taken into account, that i am going to die. I want to live as long as possible, due to an attempted suicide a few years back, but i do not want the fear of dieing to stop me from doing anything.

I would love to contribute to society, but in time. First i must experience life at what it is at the most basic level. I have allowed my mind to start over, relying on nothing but myself for a basic input of information. it brings a new sense of morality i find, its very good, and allows for mind expanding thought.

I want to experience this, except physically.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

I can understand where you are coming from,and I would also love to go back to nature and live in the woods.
Remeber to use your time well though-maybe you could work out a way of helping to change society for the better while you are out of society.Don't just waste your time being a hermit because you are pissed off with what some call "civilisation"-use the time to think up a plan to help the world maybe.

Do think things through for a while before you go,maybe have a few "practice" sessions first.Long term survival in the wild is no walk in the park
.Make sure you are competent in every possible situation you could face out there.This takes a long time.

Test yourself on your skills,keep asking "am I ready for this?"
Research the ENTIRE survival forum on ATS,and beyond.

If you reach the point where you KNOW you can handle it,and if its still what you want,go for it and good luck to you.

Just take your time to learn and experience as much as you can first.
Don't feel you have to rush off straight away.Time is on your side.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Brave plan and I wish you well!

Consider reading or watching "Into the Wild" before you cut your ties with the "world" as you know it?

Many societies advocate an "wandering or walk about" as a rite of pasage but please be sure you're ready?

I'd hate to lose another young life,there WILL be good days ahead in your life,promise!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

What's the drinking age in Canada? Last time I was there it was 19. At least wait until you are 19 so you can buy some whiskey to use for sterilization of knives, needles, etc, that you might want to use to fix up a rip in your skin, or to sew up a gouge that you receive from a deer that you failed to kill, and that turns on you and gores you. Also, if you are gored, it's nice to have a bit of whiskey to dull the pain from stitching yourself up. Just saying. Meanwhile, have a go at it. It's your life after all. Do with it as you please, just remember, harm no one, unless you are defending your life. Just my .02 New World Currency Unit.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Don't want to rain on your parade but you seem hopelessly naive.

If you really want to go and live in the wild, then take it one step at a time.
Try going out for a week in a not too primitive area.

Come back, take a hard look at what worked and what didn't.

Go out again for a couple of weeks.

Come back. review what worked, what didn't. What gear do you need. What can you leave behind.

Repeat as necessary until you are sufficiently well equipped mentally, physically and have the right equipment.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Make sure you watch "Alone in the wild" a 3 part series in which a man tries his hand at what you are thinking about.

Series Summary Ed Wardle As an experienced extreme cameraman who has scaled Everest and filmed in some of the world's most inhospitable places, Ed is a tough guy who relishes a challenge. But he's not a survival expert. A survival expert would tell you how to survive in the wild; Ed will tell you what it actually feels like. Exhilaration, fear, liberation and loneliness are just some of the conflicting emotions Ed experiences as he takes himself to the limits of his physical and psychological capabilities.

www.channel4.com...

Watch the series if you can.Sure they are on the net somewhere.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
So basically you're saying that anytime you don't like something, you are gonna run away. Imagine what the world would be like if just all ran away everytime we didn't like something.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
First rule is you MUST have a buddy system.

I would suggest taking a friend and going out for a week or so at a time. Come back home; regroup your thoughts. Think of what you have learned during that time out and how you may have fallen short. You may find that there is more research you need to do or other things you did not expect to encounter that you need to prepare for.

I think a few "practice runs" are in order before you commit.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I applaud your resolve, but I'm concerned about many other things.

At 17, while you are certainly able to know what you want, but few 17 year olds have the skills to achieve those desires, not to mention the fact that at 17, other people still bare legal responsibility for your actions.

I clearly don't know your specific family situation, but you are not only being a bit reckless with your life decisions, you are also putting others at jeopardy.

I believe you to be a strong person, a person with convictions, but you are also young, even if you feel like you can do for and take care of yourself, please believe me when I say, you can't.

17 years just isn't enough time, it just isn't.

Why not go out for several days or a week at a time, become familiar with the hazards and pitfalls of being entirely self sufficient, home those skills for a couple/ few years, develop the knowledge and skills required.

You have lots of time, really.

-best of luck to you.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I sent you a message. Be sure to check your inbox.

I think something like this needs a buddy system and like what other people have mentioned, going out for a week or so and coming back. There's only so much you can learn from a book, but actually going out and seeing what works and doesn't, and having the ability to come back and learn from what you've just done is huge.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I made it three months before I figured what I needed to figure out and came home.
Reading your post brought me back almost 30 years when I decided to head out ! After graduating high school I remember feeling similar ! None of my friends or family where supportive and I'm sure they thought I was crazy ! I
just left one day with my backpack and let the days open up and kept walking.
Don't think I ever was in any danger as I kept to myself, weaving in and out of society . There's alot to learn about yourself when you wander no doubt !
Learn what you think you will need to before you set out, but be ready to learn
the things you can't even imagine now.
One over whelming realization for me was just how resourceful you can be when you need to be !

top topics

<<   2 >>

join