It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Watching It...Or Is It Watching You?!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Really,I thought the enlargement was kind of "grainy",but otherwise decent. I don't see what the big deal is!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mrm143

Seriously, I saw this on one of those ghost shows years and years ago. It was about someone who would see a face in the tv when it was off and unplugged. I'd say the timeframe had to be about...15-20 years ago or early 90s. It took me years to be able to look at the tv when it was off.

Therefore, I did not look at your picture after reading all the responses but you had an excellent story.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hoax ? maybe yes,maybe no.

The teeth look a lot like the bite marks on the girl in "Paranormal Activity".

Wonder if this thing had chicken feet.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by seabisquit]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by intelinside451

C'mon! Take a look! (It's not like it's "The Ring" or anything!...I hope!)

And besides,the face was not visible to the naked eye,so we really don't know what's possible!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If the tv was being used to watch you, why would you be able to see an alien face in the tv? You need to display a picture in order to record someone else. Why would the alien want to display his own face for you to see for no apparent reason?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
To everyone saying the enlarged version looks nothing like the original does, it sounds like the enlargement was done from a physical copy of the photo. An enlargement from a physical copy will always be a hell of a lot clearer than when you zoom in on a JPEG that someone has embedded in their post.

That said i think it absolutely looks like Mumm-ra's tomb. Either that or the creators of Thundercats had contact with the 'entity' in question.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

The face appears to be a painted image to me. It certainly doesn't appear to be "real" in photographic sense. All of these spooky images inside the tv display light and shadow but from whence cometh the light in the spirit world? Sorry lady, but an obvious fake. Please stop foisting the fear your belief system fosters in you upon me and others. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go listen to Stairway To Heaven backwards.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by godless

Would "Stairway to Heaven" backwards mean "The Slippery Slope to Hell"?

Just a thought!

Seriously,I'm not "foisting" my beliefs on anyone. Just sharing an odd picture I can't quite explain,and sharing my opinions of such!(And I don't see any harm in reaching out to others who may share some of my concerns about topics that the bible has warned us about.)

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I have to say that the thing "looks fake", though I'm not making that accusation. I wasn't there to see what was going on. I'm not qualified to tell whether an image has been manipulated. It's just that the "entity" looks too much like something I've seen in a movie or on TV or something.

I am skeptical that this was a "demon". If demons exist, they are supposed to exist in great numbers. How is it we don't see many more of them than we do? Why just the odd one here and there? They're supposed to be all over the place.

I can't say I accept this as any sort of "alien", either. Why would an alien appear on a TV that is turned off?

What it looked like was a reflection of something; but of course, with the blowup it's pretty clearly not just some furniture being reflected in the screen.

I really don't know what to make of it. I would think that practicing Christians would not be vulnerable to demons - at least, if the demons were similar to what Christians imagine them to be. So it could be that at the time someone wasn't practicing correctly, or else demons aren't quite what Christians think they are, not necessarily subject to Christians. Something like that.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Humans only see a fraction of what is really going on around them at any given moment. From time to time something is seen which people can't explain. So the easy way to explain it is lable it a hoax and move on to something else. Get the population to think about other mundane stuff. Sports is a really big one they use. Religion is another big one they use. Keep the sheeple happy and they won't ask questions.
Keep the sheeple programmed and they will remain good little slaves forever.
There biggest fear is IF the sheeple ever wake up fully.
But relax, go watch some football its part of your programming.
(lizard #1) Humans are so foolish..
(lizard #2) Yeah but there crunchy and good with katchup.
( both Lizards ) evil laughtrer..

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I did a bit of snooping on On the Edge's posting histories and I will say that if she is hoaxing, she has certainly done her homework and is playing the part. In all of her posts that I looked at, she comes off as what she claims to be, A fundamentalist (My guess would be born-again) Christian. You'll notice that she's had many of her posts removed for being off topic, I would assume for bringing the fundamentalist values into play to heavily in topics that didn't call for it.

On the Edge, no offense intended, I'm quite a big fan of the J-man myself, and the Kristos consciousnesses is actually my go-to familiar for prayer; I just don't let myself get caught up in all the Dogma and shame and rigid interpretation of the bible, I don't believe it is the verbatim word of god, but simply a skewed version of events that took place so long ago. I would recommend that you take a look at the histories of all religions and you'll find they come from a common stem. Start from there.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Oh no guys, couldn't possibly have been photo manipulation...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37442126519f.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh Noes it metamophasizedz!

Now look at how ridiculous the first one actually is after you have seen mine.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b024f89b129.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 5-11-2009 by The_Zomar]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

It's Mumm-Ra's Tomb... This shouldn't even still be up for debate..

I mean.. the skull even has the two freakin pillars on each side of it in the small picture..

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The first thing you need to do is a good scan of the print.

I have a cheap $100 Epson sitting next to me that scans at 3800 dpi that I bought a few years ago. Probably a $50 scanner now. A shop that prints photo's will have one like I use at home and will have no trouble doing an extremely high resolution scan for you and burning it to a disc.

Scan it at the highest resolution you can pull off with your computer. Save as .tif or .png file with NO compression. Place it on one of the dozens of free hosting sites and put a link here in your thread. There are many of us here with lots of experience in photo manipulation.

Or not? Your call?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Im not here to debate if this is real or fake because at the end of the day it cant be proven by me, What i can do is share in a bit of info i came across during my wanderings through the web. Now again im not 100% sure if this is legit but its food for thought and fits in nicely with what the OP is saying went on. Turns out the guy who invented the CRT(cathode ray tube) was into esoteric stuff here is a segment of an article i found online.

Television was partly invented with influence from occultists. Sir William Crookes was a respected scientists in the Victorian era. Crookes attended rituals of the Golden Dawn. He was also a leading member of the SPR. He invented devices to measure tiny particles like electrons. He believed that spirits in the Ether can move electrons and protons. He invented the Cathode ray Tube, which is the foundational aspect of the invention of the Television. This ray tube can firing billions of electrons into a glass screen covered in phosphorus. This produced a fuzzy screen. Crookes believed that spirits can move these electrons into images of the spirit world. Crookes experienced with a cathode ray tube. He used a Maltese cross inside of it. He showed a stream of electrons in it. The Maltese cross is used by the Knights of Malta, the Nazis, and other evil groups.

here is the link for those who want to read the whole thing
www.scribd.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
You got a picture of a ghost. go over to www.ghoststudy.com and you will see that other people have experienced this same thing too!

That ghost has a weird sense of humor! It seems to be messing with you by looking the way it does!

Ghost for some odd reason are attracted to electronics!!!

Your home is probably haunted too, but if no other odd things happen then the ghost don't really have a problem with you living there.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Asuka 24]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If memory serves, there was a photo printed in Brad Steiger's "Mysteries of Time and Space" back in the 70s that showed a hand appearing on a non-functioning TV screen.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ExquisitExamplE

Actually,every one of those "OFF TOPIC" posts were directing people to this thread,because I was afraid it would get lost in the shuffle!

Even though I thought it was related to the threads I posted it to,they said I was spamming,that's all it was!

I apologized and said I wouldn't do it again!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but this is so obvious I can't pretend it is not an obvious hoax. First of all that face is a 2D drawing and not a very good detailed or shaded one. This is a transparent hoax.

There is nothing anyone can do for those naive enough to fall for these obvious fakes. The image proves itself a fake and does not need anyone to debunk it.

People kick the critical part of your brain into gear and don't be stooges for hoaxers. Look at that image. Look at the shading and the lack of detail or any real shading or indication of the light source.

OP, you need to get a life. Mod's, you need to ban this clown.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
reply to post by The_Zomar

It's Mumm-Ra's Tomb... This shouldn't even still be up for debate..

I mean.. the skull even has the two freakin pillars on each side of it in the small picture..

I think this is the most probable explanation as well, it's almost an identical match, and may be an identical match to a frame from a different episode or one of the feature films. But it then begs the question, what is the OP playing at, is she deliberately hoaxing? Did she simply forget that the TV was actually on when she took the picture? Is it possible for TV to transmit an image even though it's off?

Hmmm....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join