It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine: Influenza or Pneumonic Plague? The situation is getting worse and worse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Ukraine: Influenza or Pneumonic Plague? The situation is getting worse and worse

www.kavkazcenter.com

Ukrainian News Agency "Fraza" reported that, according to informed sources, "it has been confirmed 100 % Pneumonic Plague in Ukraine".

The Agency asserts that "the head physician of the medical institutions has sent out an informal disposal - not to sow panic, to refute the information about the plague, and to speak only of swine influenza".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ukrainian News Agency "Fraza" reported that, according to informed sources, "it has been confirmed 100 % Pneumonic Plague in Ukraine".
That say's it all folk's...

apparently we are in for a hell of a ride.
if this spread's like it did back in the day heaven help us all.

So apparently just of the press..it is not the swine flu.

www.kavkazcenter.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-11-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1
Urghhh

Welcome to 3 days ago.

Oh yea and your wrong.

Thanks for playing.

How am I wrong?
can you read it?

Show me at least a once of effort...
show me why this news agency is wrong?

You must at least make a effort to make your argument it is not..with some kind of proof.
otherwise we are all just talking out of our butt's.lol

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
How reliable is that site www.kavkazcenter.com anyway?

Doesn't look very trustworthy to me with those beardy dudes up there in it's header pic, who look like talibanis..
are they the reporters?

Ko3

[edit on 5-11-2009 by kid_of_3NKi]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
show me why this news agency is wrong?lol:

When shocking anomalous news is not followed up by other outlets, it's usually a good indication it's crap. I'd also of checked if WHO to confirmed these allegations, rather than taking the world of a media source that looks like spoof news, see Fraza. Otherwise you'll look like you're just trolling for negative attention.

Lyudmila Mukharska, Ukraine's deputy chief health officer, said the authorities had confirmed that five of the dead had died of the H1N1 virus.

She vehemently denied rumours that the west of the country was suffering from an outbreak of plague, saying that it was "H1N1 that is circulating in Ukraine". source

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_of_3NKi

lol heck if i know...

But i can't automatically say hey there faking it.
just like i cant say i can confirm it 100% either.

it look's liek a world news agency..but with the twist there proud Islamic.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Seriously, who are those guys?

Im just trying to figure out the credibility of the website. Looks like it the only source for these reports. Ukraine has one of the worst healthcare in the world and huge very poor population. Chances are its just H1N1 and other illnesses spiced up with paranoia and fear.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

So on a conspiracy site your saying i should trust main stream media cause they wont lie to us.

i figure them islamic got there hands in more stuff world wide than you think.
and they may just have the scoop before other's.
just as possible.

im just saying.

+ have you confirmed its a spoof site?
if not why are we having this conversation lol

sorry i like to keep stuff short and simplistic.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
Seriously, who are those guys?

Im just trying to figure out the credibility of the website. Looks like it the only source for these reports. Ukraine has one of the worst healthcare in the world and huge very poor population. Chances are its just H1N1 and other illnesses spiced up with paranoia and fear.

IDk they look mad if ya ask me.lol
but no idea im just posting the story lol

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Go read the titles of the stories on the link I provided.

I'd say the Onion is their sister site.

Black plague wipes out Mars,. maybe they should print that too.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Must be Chechen islamist who have Russia as their major enemy.

They'd love to blame this outbrake in Ukraine to evil Russia, saying it was a russian bio weapon attack, whether its true or not.

Ko3

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

www.kyivpost.com...

Deputy Health Minister Zinoviy Mytnik said told journalists during a press briefing that a total of 633, 877 cases of flu-related and ARI have been registered from Oct. 29 through Nov. 5.

Mytnik said 15 of 31 patient samples sent to London for laboratory analysis tested positive for the H1N1, or swine flu, virus.

All I have heard and read about this outbreak in the Ukraine is that they are calling this ARI acute respritory Illness. The numbers are starting to rack up erlier today I was reading in the same publication that 600 medical personal where down with this in one form or another with 200 of the hospitalized.

What the h#%l is going on there ?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
www.alexa.com...

Kavkazcenter.com users come from these countries:

* 26.6% Russia
* 9.1% United States
* 8.0% Turkey
* 6.7% Norway
* 5.6% Ukraine

* 5.0% Germany
* 4.3% Belgium
* 3.5% Netherlands
* 3.1% France
* 2.3% Austria
* 2.3% Azerbaijan
* 1.9% Georgia
* 1.8% Indonesia
* 1.7% Bangladesh
* 1.6% Latvia
* 1.6% Saudi Arabia
* 1.5% United Kingdom
* 1.4% Poland
* 1.3% Egypt
* 1.3% Bulgaria
* 1.2% India
* 0.9% Czech Republic
* 0.8% Lithuania
* 0.6% Algeria
* 0.5% Malaysia
* 0.5% Canada
* 4.9% OTHER

So it draws alot of russia hit's.
So it seems it isn't Taliban i reckon lol

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by frostback

See, its just swine flu.

Its just hitting Ukraine harder than many other countries because they were unprepaired, as they admit themselfs.

Ko3

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I can't speak to the reliability of the mentioned site, however...

Doesn't look very trustworthy to me with those beardy dudes up there in it's header pic, who look like talibanis..

Becasue we all know that if they don't "look western" they must not be trustworthy?

In case you haven't noticed there ARE other countries on this planet other then the US.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Pneumonia plague happens more often that people may think in developing countries with lack of specialized health care or poor health care conditions, even an outbrake of seasonal flu or swine flu will cause much damage and suffering

The last big outbreak of pneumonia plague was in April of this year in China where an entire village was quarantine.

But people here in the US didn't got to hear about that at all, because we were been scare about the swine flu.

Yes even Africa have its plagues on going and news are very scarce, as long as it doesn't touch the borders of our nation the media just doesn't care.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

In this post i explain the reason why i actualy don't trust those guys!

Ko3

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
First off we are talking about only 91 deaths so far in the Ukraine, and about 70 something of those in the last week or so:
www.idemc.org...

Now our health care system in the US is not great, and actually the WHO have our nation ranked as #37 globally. That said, according to the CDC:

www.cdc.gov...

How many people get sick or die from the flu every year?
Each flu season is unique, but it is estimated that, on average, approximately 5% to 20% of U.S. residents get the flu, and more than 200,000 persons are hospitalized for flu-related complications each year. About 36,000 Americans die on average per year from the complications of flu.

So even without H1N1 going around, we are losing aprox 36,000 every year to influenza in the US alone. I personally won't even really bat an eye at what's happening in the Ukraine until either we see TENS OF THOUSANDS of deaths in a time span of a couple weeks, or someone sends in current photos of a bunch of people "bleeding out all their orifices". THERE HAVE BEEN ONLY 90 SOME ODD DEATHS IN UKRAINE!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

kavkazcenter.com isn't making the claim it's the plague, Fraza spoof news did.

Go here and see what the word means:

Urban Dictionary: Fraza

I bet this is Farza's informed sources.

Although Kavkaz looks like spoof crap too:
Kavkaz_Center

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Regenmacher]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join