It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every day since 911 -- I look at the clock - it reads 09:11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
maybe its just me, but it happens every day at 09:11 I have to view the clock and it reads 09:11 every morning... wheter, its daylight savings time or not....
it does not happen at night but every morning and this has been going on since 2001..... wow, what are the odds.... ????? not 09:10 or 09:13 its 09:11 ... this blows me away.... what do you suppose would cause this timing attraction.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It could be that you need a new clock - although even a clock like yours that is not working IS still right twice a day, no?

So if your clock is stuck at 09:11 then I suggest getting a new one.

If you are looking at a moving, functioning clock then I suggest getting a job that you have to be at by 8:00 AM - problem solved.

In all seriousness - there is nothing wrong with your clock or the space/time continum - it is simply perception - your perception of a time equaling a number that will be burned into your mind forever.

Don't read too much into it or it could drive you mad - soon you will be looking and seeing it everywhere.

Grocery store check out total = $9.11
Price for a gallon of gas $2.70 if you divide 2459.70 by $2.70 you get 911

You see - dont let it get to you.

Dorian Soran

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Dorian Soran]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This happens to me all the time! But its 9:11 at night when I look. I just look up from whatever I am doing and glance at the clock to see 9:11. I don't try to time it or anything, it just happens. What makes it odd is that I don't look at the clock much, just three times or so per day.

I think it has something to do with your daily schedule. Maybe, at 9:00 you wake up and eat something, and you look at the clock and its 9:11. You just happen to have a routine that puts you in front of a clock at just the right time.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by fleetlord]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

well, its an Atomic Clock, and it works fine...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by fleetlord

we are talking Years of this going on... almost every day .... it happens M - Friday... when I am at work, I open between 08:30 and 08:40 ... and I arrive sometime between 30 - 40 after 8 depending on how many traffic lights I get stopped at... and open for business at 9Am... I thought it was something to do with my schedule as well... so I mixed it up intentionally - and as soon as I stop - it starts again... just really weird.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I thought I was the only one.... It mosty happens at night.. I say four times a week on average. My friend and I both..... It bothers be a lot but it helps to know there are others out there with the same complex

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil

well, its an Atomic Clock

Was this "atomic" clock made in North Korea or Iran - cause that could be a problem!

and it works fine...

I would double check on that - its either the clock stuck at 9:11 or pure coincidence - actually it IS pure coincidence - let me give you an example.

Everyday I get up at 5:30 am to drive to work - so when I look at the clock EVERYDAY for the past five years it says 5:30.

I leave for work at 6:15 AM - EVERYDAY for the past 5 years I see the SAME garage door at the SAME time 6:15

I turn left onto Highway 37 at 7:45 EVERYDAY for the last 5 years - and everytime I make that turn I see a blonde in a mid 90's BMW - she is hot - the car is pretty cool and I see her EVERY DAMNED DAY at 7:45 - we do not have a psychic connection - we are simply victims ( if you will ) of timing.

Everything we do ( if we have any kind of routine at all ) is based on and riven by TIMING.

I hope that helps you in your search for the truth.

Dorian Soran

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
mine says 912 its strange indeed

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
That are the odds? Guess it might as well be worked out. I'll show my "work".

I don't know I'll just assume someone might look at the clock randomly, has a 12-hour clock, sleeps 8 hours a day and sleeping hours don't preclude seeing the clock. I'm assuming you look at the clock once per day as I'm unclear on your habits.

(24*60-8*60) = 960 possible distinct times to look

p = 2/960 = 1/480

Odds = (1/480) / (1 - 1/480) = 1 : 479

That's for a single day.

To hit it for a week every day: (1/480)^7 = 1 / 5,870,683,422,720,000,000

Odds = 1 : 5,870,683,422,719,999,999

*shrug* = Ridiculously improbable to be random for any long period.

Personally, I have a case of the "xx:11"'s myself. xx=any hour

[edit on 11/5/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

But - the thing you CANNOT take into account in your equation is if the OP is truly seeing it EVERYDAY or he is simply saying EVERYDAY or if it simply FEELS like EVERYDAY to him. See what I am saying?

How many times does the Op look at the clock now and it says 9:09 and he thinks "well it is at least NOT 9:11" then his mind makes him look at the clock in roughly 120 seconds and BAM - OMG - HOLY CRAP its 9:11

How many times a day EVERYDAY does he look at the clock and its NOT 9:11?

IT IS ALL TIMING - NOTHING MORE AND NOTHING LESS

Dorian Soran

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

Move your clock ahead 5 minutes. if it still shows 9:11 everytime you look at it, then i would start thinking something of it. If it starts reading 9:16 instead, then you will know it is just your schedule. and not some omen or something.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran
reply to post by EnlightenUp

But - the thing you CANNOT take into account in your equation is if the OP is truly seeing it EVERYDAY or he is simply saying EVERYDAY or if it simply FEELS like EVERYDAY to him. See what I am saying?

Yes. Thus those "habits".

Edit: Remove the "smart way to get a wrong answer" for the 50/50.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

maybe its just me, but it happens every day at 09:11 I have to view the clock and it reads 09:11 every morning... wheter, its daylight savings time or not....
it does not happen at night but every morning and this has been going on since 2001..... wow, what are the odds.... ????? not 09:10 or 09:13 its 09:11 ... this blows me away.... what do you suppose would cause this timing attraction.

That happens to me all the time, too. It used to freak me out completely, but now I'm just used to it.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
maybe you look at the clock at 9, or you hear the radio saying its 9 A.M etc, then 11 minutes later your inner clock tells you its 9:11

Maybe you're a little psychic, and know what the numbers on the clock are unconsciously , and looks at the clock at 9:11, but get surprised anyways

Maybe you can see the clock with with your peripheral vision, your unconsciously mind is aware and makes you look at 9:11

etc

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
My clock is almost always 5.30 am when I look at it.

Could have something to do with the alarm going off at that time.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
like I said its atomic - no setting it ahead 5 mins.... but I did try that with the Non-Atomic clock and 9:11 even though I set it 5 mins. ahead.
-- Its hard to explain, and it is weirder than that actually, its like just as the second hand hits 09:11AM -- cuz, I can watch it and it takes a good 30 seconds or more to change.. If I watch it...
a few years back I got a Atomic Clock - I had a Wall Clock battery operated before that and I believe it was made in China. and guess what so is this Atomic Clock made in China... ha ha is there nothing that is made in the USA any more...? we got the chinesse selling us nuke clocks... what has the world came too...?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by conar

That's probably close to what is happening. Your subconscious is very good at knowing what time it is. I almost never hear my alarm clock go off because I wake up 1-2 minutes before it goes off almost every day. We just have a very good "internal clock" that knows what time it is. And since you are thinking about seeing 9:11 every day, your subconscious is probably alerting you when it is that time and you look at the clock.

top topics

join