It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Debate Tournament: Member Discussion

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So... first it was all...

Originally posted by Parallex
I think you lot are in for some punishment.

I can't wait for the - soon to arrive - time when I can lean back and proudly announce....

PWNED!

Parallex.

... and now due to a bit of self-perceived "bullying", which most likely was nothing mOar than a good cerebral spanking, it comes down to this...

Originally posted by Parallex
Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish!

:shk:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

I am going to secede from the tournament.

I apologise to my esteemed opponent from the last round, as we are still awaiting the result, and I would rather have them win on their merits than by default.

Yea, I don't want to win by default.

My reason - I am going to stop participating as part of ATS. It is becoming increasingly obvious to me that myself and others are being suppressed in our discussion of ATS's Christian agenda. Several times I have asked the moderation team to step in and stop the 'bullying' Christian fundamentalists and it hasn't happened. Furthermore, it appears several of the moderation team are actively participating in the perpetration of this Christian agenda.

It's a shame, as there are some truly excellent folks on this site, and I would love to stick around and chat. But I don't condone bullying, so I can't.

Well, I don't condone bullying, but at the same time, one should have a thick skin when dealing with others on this site. Remember, after all, it's only words on a screen, as they say, sticks and stones may break my bones, but words shall never hurt me.

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish!

Parallex.

It would be a shame to see you go, perhaps, maybe, check out different forums. Give yourself a fresh perspective. If you want you could check out the politics forum, compared to the religion forums it's quite tranquil.

And then theres the joyous time had by all in the 9/11 forums.

All I am saying, is maybe diversify, and check out something else for a while, give yourself a break, just don't throw in the towel on the tournament because of outside influences on the board.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Just to annoy Annie-Mosity, and because I've had some emails from moderators supporting me, I withdraw my withdrawal.

Looks like I'm not alone after all - especially as I thought the old atheist club on here had left.

I've also had some support from members of ATS who are part of the faith community, arguing with great fervor and detail that the fundies are indeed taking over and that the site is no longer representative of the majority populace. Very interesting.

Finally, it's not fair on Wukster to 'gift' him the win!

It seems like my work can be completed after all.

Parallex.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
The last 2 debates are taking a bit of time I've noticed, however we are in the thick of the holiday season. I'd like to see these done by the New Year, but if not.. we'll survive. Please, no later than January 5th on this round. I'd like to have these debates off to the judges very early in January and get the 2nd round up by the 2nd week.

I've been scarce around these parts lately but I do check my u2u's every 2-3 days. So any comments/questions, let me know.

The In law's crappy DLS service went out and apparently a lot of people were given iPhones for x-mas - I spent the entire holiday offline. (Still wondering if Apple is going to wise up and offer the iphone to other carriers....)

I'm back home now and will just go ahead and put a closing statement up tomorrow after I get some sleep. It was nice to take a break from the Internet but boring as hell, I did catch up on my reading in hard copy form though.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Welcome back eco ...

We should be getting wrapped soon right?

All this waiting is making me lose my horny.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
When the two remaining debates are wrapped, can the participants u2u me asap so I can get these off to the judges?

Thanks.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by chissler]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I just got back to New York and will have my 3rd reply in our debate up today. It should be possible for Wormwood and I to both post closings tomorrow, and I will certainly u2u as soon as mine is up.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The remaining debates will be closed on Wednesday morning and forwarded to the judges as is. If they are finished, great. If they are not, they will be judged on what has been posted.

We're going to operate on the honor system here and if someone tries to hold off until the last minute to post a reply and not leave his/her opponent a chance to rebut, an opportunity will be provided to that member.

But as of Wednesday morning, finished or not, the debates will be closed.

The next round will start early next week.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Guy's is it just me or is the debate tourney going dead

It has been a long time since any feedback!

Chissler where are thou!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Indeed, it does seem a little quiet.

Any news on whats happening folks?

Parallex.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GUNSINWAR

Well the last couple of debates finished a few days ago ... it usually takes about a week for the judges to come back with the results, so I would expect those to be in by the end of the week. Hopefully those who have won can start the next round by next Monday.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
All debates are forwarded to the judges and I should have the results back in the next couple of days. Late last week I had a dozen or so family members land in town for a few days and I didn't have a chance to log-in to the board.

As the results roll in, I'll announce them in the thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
First results are in and more will follow as I receive them.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Blimey!

I didn't see that win coming, I thought I'd lost for sure.

WhatUKno is an excellent opponent, I congratulate you for acquitting yourself most ably. I'm still in shock.

Chissler - fancy letting me have my fighter status back? Ta Muchly.

On a side note - My closing post was after the cut-off point because my 'board-clock' is way off. I try and adjust it back to GMT, and it just goes straight back to Iraqi time of all things! I don't know why this is. Could someone help me out? Ta muchly.

Parallex.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Check out your Account Settings under the "member tools" button.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Good job on the win, and good luck in the next round

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I've tried adjusting it in the member tools bit, but it doesn't want to play. It just goes straight back to Iraqi time! Lol!

Parallex.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Mmm, are you pressing "submit" after you change it to the correct time zone?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yar, done that. No dice. It's odd. I will have another go and see what happens.

Parallex.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Several more results have been announced. Only 2 remain. Hoping to have them announced either today or tomorrow. Unless the remaining judges fall off the face of the earth, I'm thinking the next round will be up and running on Monday morning.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join