It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock Music and Political Awareness

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BenHardcore

Thanks, sometimes I don't think enough credit is given to how music can change a nation's awareness.
If you just look at lists of banned music, and you will see certain trends developing.

TPTB are aware of the power of music, and they are just as keen to change or drown out the message to suit their own agendas.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Absolutely! Periodically, rumours are circulated that the powers that be intend to limit the volume at live venues, meaning that if the volume goes above a certain number of decibels, then the power is cut.
Now, I'm not certain of the authenticity of these rumours, there has been talk of it lately around Manchester, but I really wouldn't be suprised if this was some sort of scheme to try and limit people's access to bands promoting free thinking.
Or......maybe I'm taking life far too seriously.....but I don't think so!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

It's very well that the lyrics of the song become more attractive at the time of listening the song.
Naat | Naats

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by creativekuresh

Sometimes, though, the lyrics are brilliant and the song is mediocre. But sometimes lyrics have more meaning when you are in a particular mood - songs can amplify a feeling ie. I enjoy more mellow stuff when I am going through a rare melancholy patch.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: vasaga

And years later Avenged Sevenfold releases The Stage. If you have not seen the music video ... it's incredibly powerful!

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

I tend to prefer Five Finger Death Punch's style of political awareness, but I admit this A7F song is pretty solid.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This is an old thread of mine that I ran across recently ... I find it even more relevant than ever so I felt it needed a bit of a nudge to keep up with latest musical trends.
Sadly, "popular" music these days makes me want to poke rusty knives into my ears.

And all my musical heroes are passing... so few left. RIP Dolores O' Riordan.

I love the older Five Finger Death Punch but their latest album was ... sugary sweet.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
"The rich have got there channels in the bedrooms of the poor"-leonard cohen

The song democracy also cohen

Swans-amnesia
edit on 18-1-2018 by anotherside because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The best contemporary anti-war song, to my ear, is Hell Broke Luce by Tom Waits. Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers) and Keith Richards (Rolling Stones) guest on bass and guitar, respectively.

This cut is based on the true story of an Iraq war veteran named Jeff Lucey, who returned home and was so psychologically damaged by what he experienced that he hanged himself. It's tragic.

Be forewarned...you may suffer a little PTSD just from listening to it and seeing the imagery in the video. It's not gratuitous blood & gore, but the language and visuals/symbolism really hit hard, deep in the soul. It's not a good feeling.

Having been to Iraq, I think it's the best I've ever heard that comes close to capturing what a war and its effects on the soldiers would be if it were a musical presentation. Compelling and riveting stuff.

Hell Broke Luce, by Tom Waits

Peace, everyone.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prof. Skrewloose
Now you can't go talking about political awareness in rock music without mentioning the mighty Megadeth!

Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
Holy Wars
Forclosure of a Dream
The System Has Failed
And now they got "Endgame" Which I'm sure Alex Jones is still creaming his jeans over lol

IMO they've always been one of the most politically charged bands ever.

Nothin' better than old-school metal!

Got to agree with you there! Love Rust in peace..whole album.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think a lot of rock, and particularly metal most definitely has a strong social, political message, dont get wrong there are bands in those genre's that are all fluff, I don't give much time to them.
Been a metalhead for pretty much 40 yrs, all started with Sabbath, so many good bands, one of my favorites is Tool, Seputura, Death..etc.
edit on 19-1-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
ROCK -E- FELLER

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join