It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Read, Support!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
This was a difficult thread to place if it is in the wrong location than please feel free to move, however, I implore the moderators to keep this in Above Top Secret. I hope after reading this they will understand why I am trying to reach the partiots that make up the core of ATS.

Each of our countries, no matter the size, has a military. A group of individuals who without thought for their own lives will lay down theirs to defend their nation and their freedoms. There has been a lot of ways to support our troops come up recently but a group of Maries that I work with came up with a great way. No money is involved and it is easy to do.

We wear red shirts. No matter what the profession, we wear red shirts. I hope we are not the only ones who do this but basically, every Friday, we wear a red shirt.

It seems to be catchy too. Now we have a few sales people in the company wearing them as well. Those who must wear a polo shirt, wear a red t shirt under it.

I like ATS and love the community of people here and I am unaware of this being in practice anywhere else, so I thought I'd post it and see what you all thought.

So what do you think ATS? Wear a red shirt on Friday to celebrate the honor, loyalty and selflessness that these proud individuals in our military possess. Also, we wear red to remind us of their blood that is shed in protection of our countries. The soldier does not have any political motives. They cannot say "No" to fighting in a campaign. They go. Risking their lives for us. Our Children. Our way of life.

I and my ex-military brethren will be wearing red; this Friday.... And every one following. How about you...?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
We've been wearing red on Fridays since at least the beginning of summer here in the Midwest. I've bought several red shirts just so I could wear them when I go out yard sailing on Fridays.

I thought it was just in our area, but now I see that it is at least in VA. So I'm assuming it's elsewhere. Glad to hear it! My hubby is a former Marine and he has people at his work doing the same now.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm sorry and I hope this doesn't offend you but I believe that the idea of nations goes against the idea of freedom.

You say you can't say no to fighting a campaing, that seems to be very convenient to whoever is in power. No questions, no understanding. Just do it in the name of freedom, whatever that is. They promise you security and by that they make you unable to realize that it is them that cause all the danger. All this system is nothing more then a game of interest and you are just being used for the interest of others, since you claim to be totally selfless and apparently is totally complacent to the game.

Im against the military, I'm against patriots.
I will be wearing blue on friday to celebrate peace.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
My husband works at a military base the red T shirts on Fridays has been a common practice to support troops for more than a year.

Is voluntary so is up to the individuals to do that, my husband wears his as he is retire marine.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
I'm sorry and I hope this doesn't offend you but I believe that the idea of nations goes against the idea of freedom.

You say you can't say no to fighting a campaing, that seems to be very convenient to whoever is in power. No questions, no understanding. Just do it in the name of freedom, whatever that is. They promise you security and by that they make you unable to realize that it is them that cause all the danger. All this system is nothing more then a game of interest and you are just being used for the interest of others, since you claim to be totally selfless and apparently is totally complacent to the game.

Im against the military, I'm against patriots.
I will be wearing blue on friday to celebrate peace.

No offense taken. At least you are using your freedom to express something.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by willow1d
We've been wearing red on Fridays since at least the beginning of summer here in the Midwest. I've bought several red shirts just so I could wear them when I go out yard sailing on Fridays.

I thought it was just in our area, but now I see that it is at least in VA. So I'm assuming it's elsewhere. Glad to hear it! My hubby is a former Marine and he has people at his work doing the same now.

It seems to be a Marine thing. But I am ex-Army. Doesn't much matter to me. Whatever the armed force... We all bleed red. (at least I did that one day in the big sandbox).

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Happy Veterans Day to all those who served this (and any) country! From one Vet to all the others... Thank you!

top topics

join