It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 12's Covert EVA , Are E.T.'s the reason for the Secrecy ?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

Nice posts mate!

Thanks for taking the time.
=

Hey check out this video, Mikesingh posted it a while ago on one of the forums we use:

www.youtube.com...

Notice anything strange?

It is supposed to be a flyby of the 'Apollo 17 landing site and thereabouts (perhaps made using mapping data).

Note the repeating features:

Keith Laney's Forum was also talking about it - he made a pic:
www.keithlaney.net...

I think this might have been resolved if we could only speak the weird language of the Japanese People....

月周回衛星「かぐや」の地形カメラ(TC)が観測したアポロ17 号着陸地点

Here is the Babelfish translation:

"The month circumference satellite “or the [gu] and” the topographical camera (TC) Apollo 17 which was observed the landing point (C) JAXA/SELENE"

*I figured since I might as well add this since you've been posting all that stuff about JAXA.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcrom901
then i guess what you meant here......

Originally posted by ArMaP
No, follow my posts and you will see that I was saying that the HDTV images don't look fake, they look like what they are, frames taken from a video; any frame from a video always looks worse than a photo with the same resolution and colour depth, as video uses the changes from frame to frame to make the final result it uses less data for each frame than the data used by a photo.

was.... that though there is some data loss..... its only observable when the 'hdtv captured frames' are compared to 'photo with the same resolution and colour depth'........

OK, let me see if I can explain what I think.

First, there isn't any data loss, the method used captures less data, but once that data is captured then it isn't lost, so no data loss.

Any frame from a video of any subject, when compared with a photo that shows the same subject under the same circumstances, will show less detail because the method used was created to show moving images, not individual frames, so a frame from a video will always look worse than a photo with the same resolution. You can see that when you pause a highly compressed YouTube video, jagged edges and compression artefacts become more visible.

but then again...... you also claim that the actual photos are in greyscale....
I didn't claimed anything, I said that "I think they are all greyscale", and I don't understand the reason for the
, what's to
factor in that sentence?

it seems you missed the last link which i posted......

anyhow.... check here.......
I didn't missed it (and I have seen those images before, they are not all Kaguya images), and the colour (and some greyscale) images are from the HDTV, they are not photos.

As a hint, if it says "Jaxa/NHK" or something like that then it's from the HDTV camera, that camera was from NHK, it was not a Jaxa experiment.

could you point out anything...... that shows the lunar colour?
Don't you see colour in those videos?

I see several shades of grey, but I also see brown, greenish brown, etc., like on the Apollo photos, and one thing you can see is that when the camera has half the screen filled with the black sky it makes the colours on the Moon look less saturated.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

It is supposed to be a flyby of the 'Apollo 17 landing site and thereabouts (perhaps made using mapping data).
Note the repeating features:

Keith Laney's Forum was also talking about it - he made a pic:
www.keithlaney.net...

thanks Exuberant1 for the very interesting images. the repeated patterns in the video are easy to spot. just more evidence that shows there is no reason to believe these images are really of the Moon. imo, the simulator theory is the best explanation for these anomaly's. a little touch up here and there might help to fool some people.

reply to post by mcrom901

thanks mcrom901 for the awesome pics

Scope: TMB 80mm
Barlow: 2.5x barlow
Camera: DMK 41AF02
Filters: Astronomik RGB
Exposure:
Remark: The colors of Aristarchus region

www.astronomie.be...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

hmmmm..... does that look 'ok' to you?
If by that you mean if it looks like what I would expect, no, I don't think the colours are right, but I never expected that from the HDTV images.

But images with fake colours or with the colours enhanced don't look 'OK' either.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

thanks for your explanations.... i got it.... uhuuuum..... n give up

Originally posted by Exuberant1

I think this might have been resolved if we could only speak the weird language of the Japanese People....

月周回衛星「かぐや」の地形カメラ(TC)が観測したアポロ17 号着陸地点

cheers mate....

thanks for those details...... looool.... what can i say.... seriously, its just a big joke.....

i suppose the communication gaps..... must have been the main reason for the overlapping of those blacknwhite charlie chaplin frames...

Originally posted by easynow

bro you did not mention the jaxa reference details for that 'hdtv' clip.....

it could create confusion...... or should we use it universally......

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

hmmmm..... does that look 'ok' to you?
If by that you mean if it looks like what I would expect, no, I don't think the colours are right, but I never expected that from the HDTV images.

though quite straightforward.... but i tend to read between the lines at times & hence find your comments quite cryptic once in while.... that being mainly due to your later disapproving of your initial contentions.... so i will try n save my neurons from misfiring by trying to clarify this time..... looool.... what do you mean by saying "but I never expected that from the HDTV images"

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I had thought before that maybe they didn't use real photos over the computer generated 3D landscape, and I guess those "standard" craters prove that.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

though quite straightforward.... but i tend to read between the lines at times & hence find your comments quite cryptic once in while....

That explains it, trying to read between the lines of what I write, even in Portuguese, can only give a headache, although it may not look like it, I always try to be clear in what I say and write, with nothing to read between the lines, so if anyone thinks that I may be saying something else just ask.

that being mainly due to your later disapproving of your initial contentions....
What do you mean by that? Could you please explain it better? Thanks in advance.

so i will try n save my neurons from misfiring by trying to clarify this time..... looool.... what do you mean by saying "but I never expected that from the HDTV images"
It means that I wasn't expecting high quality imagery from a video camera, high resolution photos are much better, both in resolution and colour depth (or pixel values, for greyscale images).

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

that being mainly due to your later disapproving of your initial contentions....
What do you mean by that? Could you please explain it better? Thanks in advance.

loool... i was being sarcastic.... referring to the change in initial perceptions...

so i will try n save my neurons from misfiring by trying to clarify this time..... looool.... what do you mean by saying "but I never expected that from the HDTV images"
It means that I wasn't expecting high quality imagery from a video camera, high resolution photos are much better, both in resolution and colour depth (or pixel values, for greyscale images).

i guess mixing up limited 'individual' expectations concerning certain technologies along with 'language' should create such confusions....

as your above response was concerning my post about the aristarchus crater..... which clearly puts jaxa at fault.... i was logically under the assumption that you were conveying something different than what you have now clarified... alas

so just as you are still not sure whether the photography was in greyscale or colour.... should i presume the same fate about your contentions that a high-definition 'colour' video recorder orbiting the moon is unable to capture details which a mere 10" earth based telescope is capable of

[edit on 24/2/10 by mcrom901]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Huh?

Where are the 'seams'???

WHY is it hard to understand that, on the type of surface that is the Moon, A LOT of craters will look boringly, redundantly similar....in fact, inside the yellow boxes, and with the yellow arrows, I SEE differences. Subtle, but different.

Grab a handful of beach sand, put it under magnification.....and look for SIMILAR repeating patterns.

Not the best analogy, since by grabbing the handful of sand, you disturbed their original orientation....compared to the Lunar surface, which has been (mostly) undisturbed for billions of years, except for our (Human) activities. AND the occasional meteor impact, etc, etc, etc...

Picking nits, this is becoming...and it is bordering on the absurd.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
WHY is it hard to understand that, on the type of surface that is the Moon, A LOT of craters will look boringly, redundantly similar....in fact, inside the yellow boxes, and with the yellow arrows, I SEE differences. Subtle, but different.

Grab a handful of beach sand, put it under magnification.....and look for SIMILAR repeating patterns.

"billions of billious barbecued blue blistering barnacles!"

Not the best analogy, since by grabbing the handful of sand, you disturbed their original orientation....compared to the Lunar surface, which has been (mostly) undisturbed for billions of years, except for our (Human) activities. AND the occasional meteor impact, etc, etc, etc...

we should ask jaxa then to patch back that clip on thier next mission...

Picking nits, this is becoming...and it is bordering on the absurd.

hmmmm...... how about retiring

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Since lack the access to that sort of data, nor the time, to what's claimed I'm in no position to verify, or challenge the claims; I will leave that to others.

i'm guessing your mad or really upset and bothered by the fact that you can't debunk the Op of this thread ?

it's easier and comforting 4u to just cry "absurd" isn't it ?

Apollo 8 Orbit

Apollo 11

STS128

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

the Moon is brown

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

as your above response was concerning my post about the aristarchus crater..... which clearly puts jaxa at fault.... i was logically under the assumption that you were conveying something different than what you have now clarified... alas
The above quote shows a good example of the problems I have answering your posts, you say that you were "assuming that I was conveying something different than what I have now clarified", but as you don't say anything specific I have a lot of trouble understanding what are you talking about, what was that "something" that you thought I was conveying.

For anything that you say to me you have to remember that my English is at the same level as the one from a primary school child, as you probably noticed.

so just as you are still not sure whether the photography was in greyscale or colour.... should i presume the same fate about your contentions that a high-definition 'colour' video recorder orbiting the moon is unable to capture details which a mere 10" earth based telescope is capable of
No, they are different things.

I am not sure about the photos because I haven't seen the specifications for the cameras and I don't remember them, while I am sure that a still frame from a video always looks worse than a photo in the same conditions because of the smaller colour gamut when compared with photography, specially if the photos are taken with a 16 or 12 bit colour depth before being optimized to 8 bits.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
image #S69-40308 available 2-22-2010 on the Human Space Flight website showed signs that a cloning tool was used in the area around the flag.

credit to DrBunsen for noticing it..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

this is the picture that was on the HSF site and it is a frame from the DAC imagery

the next day it was replaced with this image

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

ArMaP's animated giff image showing the comparison
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/baaa70480cf26940.gif[/atsimg]
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-2-2010 by easynow]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

What?!?

Oh, come on!!!

ArMAP??? Hellooooo! (Waving arms wildly, but not too crazily...)

I hope you can bust this wide open....it's a HUGE pinata, waiting for you....lots of candy inside-----take a good swing!

"easynow", you bring up a 'cloning tool'....I gather that that is a computer-generated tool used in programs such as "PhotoShop", and the like???

We NOW exist in the year 2010. Please, please tell us all how powerful the 'PhotoShop' program was, back in 1969....and HOW 'they' (NASA) used it on their ROOM FULL OF COMPUTERS that, today, have the equivallent of a modern laptop????

We are talking about a 16 mm film camera, mounted onboard the Apollo 11 'Eagle' LM, and pointed out the window....set to film and record for posterity, the first HUMANS on the surface of the Moon...AND no guarantiee that it wold work, it was thought of as sonmething that IF IT WORKED, wold be nice!

KNOWING where the camera, taking only so many frames per second, was mounted and pointed, the Astronauts planned their EVA so as to be within the area the camera was aimed at....

Sheesh!!!!!!

Are you enjoy the nits you've picked, so far?

Take a DEEP breath, step back, and just THINK!!!!

[edit on 25 February 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Since lack the access to that sort of data, nor the time, to what's claimed I'm in no position to verify, or challenge the claims; I will leave that to others.

i thought since you can't locate data and you don't have the time for any of this you were gonna "leave it to someone else"

why are you here is the question ?

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Nice job of 'quote mining'

You will certainly have a position available to you, in future manned space missions, to mine other precious gems, on other planets, should you wish to be included as a candidate....

BUT, I WOULD also apply, as a candidate, if such missions became available and feasible, in my lifetime....so, "Can I Borrow Your Pen?"

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

reply to post by easynow

Nice job of 'quote mining'

You will certainly have a position available to you, in future manned space missions, to mine other precious gems, on other planets, should you wish to be included as a candidate....

BUT, I WOULD also apply, as a candidate, if such missions became available and feasible, in my lifetime....so, "Can I Borrow Your Pen?"

quote mining ? lol

you said it , am i suppose to ignore it now ?

and how the heck did future missions about mining and me being a candidate to go become relevant to this discussion ? LOL

well since you brought it up now , i am to old for any of that so that will be left for the youngsters such as yourself to achieve.

i must admit, your reply is a bit puzzling but at least you didn't regurgitate your tongue-in-cheek argument about John Lear this time

oh i forgot, here is a pen for you to borrow
news.sky.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Oh...I see clearly now, your "mission"...

Great job!!!

Bravo (or is it 'Brava'?)

Wonderful, keep on keeping on the pointless inanity --- and for christ's sake, keep muddying the waters!!!

...becase that is 'important' to keep the "conspiracies' alive!!

yeah, I get it, fully, now......

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

reply to post by easynow

Oh...I see clearly now, your "mission"...

Great job!!!

Bravo (or is it 'Brava'?)

Wonderful, keep on keeping on the pointless inanity --- and for christ's sake, keep muddying the waters!!!

...becase that is 'important' to keep the "conspiracies' alive!!

yeah, I get it, fully, now......

my mission ?

ROTFL ! what the shell are you talking about !?

i think you need serious professional help

please please take my advice weedy and stop posting your delusional rants in this thread and save yourself from any further embarrassment

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join