It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE explosion west of Amarillo,TX!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I was about to go to bed 1:00 am central heard like someone beating my wall down look outside and the sky was orange.

Called news channel 10 here some type of explosion in a town west of Amarillo called Bushland.

Evacuation may be needed.

[edit on 11/5/2009 by Chaos Lord]

[edit on 11/5/2009 by Chaos Lord]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Thanks to internet, I believe here is a video of this:

www.twitvid.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
UPDATE:

www.newschannel10.com...

We have some breaking news just into our newsroom. Evacuation orders are taking place near the Bushland High School. Following a major pipeline explosion north of the school. We know that at least three structures are involved. Several fire crews are currently on the scene battling the fire. Newschannel 10 crews are also on the scene. Stay tuned to NewsChannel 10 and newschannel10.com.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

That's one amazing video, I can't wait to see the footage from up close. It appears to be extremely large.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
At least it isn't North East of Amarillo. All I will say is Pantex. That would be an insane issue.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Propably because of total lack of maintenance and mismanagement from the executives stuffing their pockets.

Lets see when they going to blaME it on the terrorists, so no one asks them what THEY have doine to prevent this.

Drive the thieves out of your town

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
there seems to have been alot of "accidents" at the refineries and pipelines of late, doesn't there???

hmmm....maybe there is some terrorism going on? (sorry, needed a second line)

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
What was in the pipeline?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Several years ago we had a natural gas pipeline explode right over the Rio Grande river. News footage from a helicopter show it made a hole big enough to drop a large multi story building in...

It's not just oil we pump in these western states... millions of cubic feet of natural gas get pumped into a huge network of underground pipes, where its carried up north and back east...How people heat their homes and cook their food.

Imagine a pipeline that could carry enough gas to supply a city the size of Huston or Saint Louis blowing up.... that's a big boom! the entire country is this vast spiderweb of underground pipelines used to supply cities... I would expect natural gas prices to go up in other parts of the country

all it takes is a small leak and a spark

top topics

join