It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What drives a woman to this end?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
reply to post by nikiano

I think it should be noted that not ALL women are like that. It would seem that women obsessed with soap opera's and such drama based shows as that feel in order to live the high life they have to be surrounded by the same drama.

Indeed!

My current wife has an amazing heart, conscience and sense of loyalty...

I really feel for the guy my ex ran off on, because I understand the hell that will plague him for years. The hardest part will be learning how to trust again.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I think you have hit this on the head in a huge way.

From what I can piece together the cycle is like this.

1. Meet someone and fall in love
2. Express eternal devotion
3. Slowly change herself into something no one else recognizes
4. Realize how much she has changed
5. Feel the sense of losing herself and leaving with no regard for anyone

Her internal narrative is so far from her actual reality, that she eventually has to take this drastic action to bring the two back together...

It's a sad situation with sooo many suffering collateral damage.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

In some respects I think womens' liberation has gone beyond equality and produced a perverse superiority for some women that can end up manifesting like in your story. Walking over partners like she's done isn't a good thing and I bet it hurts her as well.

why does this have to be about "women" - liberation - superiority?

why can it not instead be about a very troubled individual?

I have a very dear friend who years ago returned from work to find that in the space of one afternoon her house had been emptied (as in empty) of everything by her husband

their bank and savings accounts emptied and closed

their baby girl picked up from daycare - gone

no trace

that man is in prison now - for murdering another woman years later

there's something else going on here. The problem - whatever it may be - lies with the individuals involved

not "liberated women"

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
There's a psychiatrist named Hare (Without Conscience) - an expert on psychopathology. He said there about 20,000 to 30,000 psychopaths in the US at any give time. They're not all Ted Bundys or Jeffrey Dahmers but they leave a swath of destructon in their wake - financial, emotional, etc.
They have no empathy or remorse for the things they do. I believe this is what you've encountered.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Sounds like this woman has mental issues! At least your free from her.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Same answer as before:

I was unhappily married to a woman who eventually cheated on me, and then acted as if I had left her. She, to me, appeared completely unable to have any empathy for the issues she put me through, but I'm sure everyone says that to some degree.

She got bored, wanted something new...moved on without concern for the feelings of others, just selfish from the sound of it. Some folks are just that way. Most eventually grow out of it, but not always....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join