It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Yankees win....THuuuuuuuhhh Yankees WIN!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The Yankees win....THuuuuuuuhhh Yankees WIN!!!

video.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab =wv#

[edit on 4-11-2009 by EyesWideShut]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Good now I can watch Fringe tomorrow night.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Thank god... the baseball season is over. Now I don't have to hear about again, at least not until the next season starts.

Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll strike again...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by XTexan
Thank god... the baseball season is over. Now I don't have to hear about again, at least not until the next season starts.

Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll strike again...

IF you dont like baseball then why come to this thread??? It SAYS Yankees in it, dead give away its about baseball.

I have your thoughts on football but I dont go complaining about it in football threads..

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!! Yuppers I'm happy, my boys won!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yankees, Steelers, and Lakers all win in one year. Can't a team I don't hate win something?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The yankees are crap.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Congratulations to the Yankees for BUYING another Championship. To the Yankees fans out there...does it cheapen the championship at all to know that you guys have to import your talent instead of raising it in your farm system?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
To the Yankees fans out there...does it cheapen the championship at all to know that you guys have to import your talent instead of raising it in your farm system?

You mean like Rivera, Jeter, Pettite and Posada? Rivera who closed out three wins, Pettite who got two wins in two starts, Posada who caught both of them and Jeter who is still one of the most clutch post season players ever? You mean that home-grown talent?

Spending doesn't guarantee World Series championships, otherwise why don't the Yanks win evey year? Or the Dodgers, Mets or Red Sox?

[edit on 5-11-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by Aggie Man
To the Yankees fans out there...does it cheapen the championship at all to know that you guys have to import your talent instead of raising it in your farm system?

You mean like Rivera, Jeter, Pettite and Posada? Rivera who closed out three wins, Pettite who got two wins in two starts, Posada who caught both of them and Jeter who is still one of the most clutch post season players ever? You mean that home-grown talent?

Spending doesn't garuntee World Series championships, otherwise why don't the Yanks win evey year? Or the Dodgers, Mets or Red Sox?

Not EVERY year....but their WS appearances are lopsided as compared to other teams. I wonder why....

Team Total payroll
New York Yankees $ 201,449,189
New York Mets $ 149,373,987
Chicago Cubs $ 134,809,000
Boston Red Sox $ 121,745,999
Detroit Tigers $ 115,085,145
Los Angeles Angels $ 113,709,000
Philadelphia Phillies $ 113,004,046
Houston Astros $ 102,996,414
Los Angeles Dodgers $ 100,414,592
Seattle Mariners $ 98,904,166
Atlanta Braves $ 96,726,166
Chicago White Sox $ 96,068,500
San Francisco Giants $ 82,616,450
Cleveland Indians $ 81,579,166
Toronto Blue Jays $ 80,538,300
Milwaukee Brewers $ 80,182,502
St. Louis Cardinals $ 77,605,109
Colorado Rockies $ 75,201,000
Cincinnati Reds $ 73,558,500
Arizona Diamondbacks $ 73,516,666
Kansas City Royals $ 70,519,333
Texas Rangers $ 68,178,798
Baltimore Orioles $ 67,101,666
Minnesota Twins $ 65,299,266
Tampa Bay Rays $ 63,313,034
Oakland Athletics $ 62,310,000
Washington Nationals $ 60,328,000
Pittsburgh Pirates $ 48,693,000
San Diego Padres $ 43,734,200
Florida Marlins $ 36,834,000

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

No, doesn't cheapen it at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What did they win?

Like a local (National) championship or something?

Must remember to post when the Crusaders win, yet again

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Give me a break! How about you come up with another excuse besides the "Buying Championships" one. It’s old and lame especially form the fans of the #2 and #4 highest payroll (not saying you are one of them). They spend lots of money too, but don't have much to show for it. Plus there is such a thing as the luxury tax. The other teams in the league benefit from the Yankees high payroll because they get a piece of the action. MLB doesn't keep that money. It's distributed to all the lower salary teams. The highest payroll in baseball does not equal championships or we would win it every year. Pitching and Team chemistry/talent does….and that’s what the Yanks had this year.

BTW just cause they were in 40 World Series doesn't make it lopsided due to them having the "highest payroll". You can make the argument that the last 10 appearances from (1977 on) were during the era of large salaries. Anything before that, professional ball players really didn't make much with a few exceptions. Especially for the teams from the 1920's through the 1950's which hold the majority of the Yankees’ WS appearances. Ball players used to get winter jobs to make ends meet back then. Lopsided because of high payroll…no. Lopsided because of legendary talent, absolutely!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

The New York Yankees won the Major League Baseball (MLB) Championship called the World Series. Baseball has two major divisions, National League and American League. The top 4 teams in each division with the best records play in a playoff series for their respective division. The 2 winning teams from each league playoff plays in the World Series for the Championship. The World Series is technically international because Canada has a team in the league too (use to have 2 teams), but for all intensive purposes it's really a National Level Championship.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The reason that the World Series is called the World Series is due to where its name originated from. It was originally called "The Championship of the United States. The reason being that baseball outside of the United States was not equal to the game being played here. Now a days, players of all nationalities are included on the World Series roster from either team.

As for what it takes to win the World Series. It does not take money to win a World Series. Just ask the Twin, Pirates, Blue Jays, the Florida Marlins, and the Diamondbacks. It takes something that all the money in this world cannot buy. It takes heart, determination, and the skill to reach, let alone win the World Series. Also, I think you guys are forgetting that when the Expos were running away in 1994. If it wasn't for the player's strike, Montreal would have won the World Series.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by safetyguy76

Give me a break! How about you come up with another excuse besides the "Buying Championships" one.

It's true.

It’s old and lame...

And true.

10 world series since 1977 is way out of whack. I also hate them because they get out of paying taxes. LINK

Not to mention the fact that, since '95, they have only missed one playoff. [sarc] I am sure them having the highest payroll has nothing to do with it [/sarc]

It's just too easy to be a Yankee fan nowadays. They are the fair weather team. If the only disappointment you can handle is being second best, they are the team for you.

Go tribe. Your welcome for Sabathia..... for some reason our management hate awesome pitchers like him and Cliff Lee.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
...for some reason our management hate awesome pitchers like him and Cliff Lee.

No, you had a powehouse team in the 90's and they did everyhting right. Built a great new park that was perpetually sold out, locked up all the young talent, built a solid farm system and a very good front office. Then they sold the team to a cretin who treated it like a giant ATM. You had a small market team (smaller then Cincy), that played like a big market but they squandered it because of greed.

They Yankees do all of the above but they reinvest the proceeds (and I admit, they are large proceeds) back into the business. Because like any good business (which owing a baseball franchise is) that is how you make your business more successful.

10 world series since 1977 is way out of whack...

It's actually 11 since 1976

Good thing you weren't alive from 1936-1964.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

top topics

join