It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tingling sensation in the forehead?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Let me start of by saying that I am 19 years old and that as long as I remember I have been able to feel (or cause) a tingling/tickling sensation in my forehead. A long time ago, I would only feel it when there was an object close to my head (such as a pencil or something). Now however, I believe that this sensation had something more to do with my focus being concentrated to that particular area as I can now summon (for lack of a better word) the same sensation without any assistance and push it further down my body (approximately to the top of my neck). Has anyone ever heard of anything similar to this? I'm not necessarily looking for some kind of paranormal off the wall explanation (actually the more normal the explanation, the better), but i'm at a loss as to what it could be.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ravhen

I have this sensation often as well. Center of my forehead roughly an 1/2 inch above my eyebrow. I started noticing it about 3-6 months ago and now have this sensation on a daily basis at least. On occasion it can be very intense with a great deal of pressure and a slight pleasurable burning sensation. Looking forward to anyone's thoughts on what it might be related to (if anything)

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ravhen

Its one of the energy centers of your brain area, usually called the Third Eye. There are also centers at the top of the brain, on each side of the brain, in the center of the brain, and the back of the brain/neck. These final two tend to aid in directing energy downwards through your spinal cord and into the rest of your nervous system and body when doing chakra meditations and such.

However I would advise that if you wish to use these energies that you pick up some books on chakra meditation to give you a focus for these things. While in most cases you would be fine, using this energy to often and not knowing what your doing with it can result in various kinds of mental or physical illness since its basically the center of your life force that your utilizing.

But I truly hope you do become interested enough to start some form of practice, since it will be, without a doubt, a rewarding and enlightening experience for you since your energy centers are clearly trying to open up.

If you need any help or advice feel free to U2U me.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
What you don't want to do is ask for medical advice on AboveTopSecret!

We are all a bunch of armchair professionals.

Go see a doctor.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Everyone has this effect so you're not special (although I am sure you have your own unique talents).

Its based on focussing hard which is like you said, when you have something sharp near your eyes it is greatly focussed. If you close your eyes and have someone else do it (so you cannot tell its there) I guarantee you will not know when it is there (other than taking account of probability).

It happens for me with sharp objects sometimes it even bothers me if there is a straw pointing at my eyes across the room I get that feeling! Some people will try to scam you it is psychic but it is really just psychological effect combined with a sensation from focus.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
Some people will try to scam you it is psychic but it is really just psychological effect combined with a sensation from focus.

You are correct that this has/can happen with everyone, but can you explain the back of the neck please? Or do you have that one as well? Or what about any of the other energy centers I listed. For that matter, can you explain any experience people have with the Chakra centers of the body and why people have such profound experiences with it?

Has it ever occurred to you that this happens to everyone because everyone is capable of tapping into their own life force if they so desire, and not because meditation and life force is a scam?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Its good to know that i'm not going nuts then, and that it actually is a common sensation, lol. I figured it had something to do with moving your focus to that area since I can replicate the feeling even when nothing is near my face.

I'm also not sure about the whole chakra idea as of yet. I believe that since our bodies are pretty much a giant circuit that such a thing is definitely possible...i'm just not sure to what extent. That would also support the idea though that this is something that everyone is capable of reproducing.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by ravhen]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seventhdoor
reply to post by ravhen

Its one of the energy centers of your brain area, usually called the Third Eye. There are also centers at the top of the brain, on each side of the brain, in the center of the brain, and the back of the brain/neck. These final two tend to aid in directing energy downwards through your spinal cord and into the rest of your nervous system and body when doing chakra meditations and such.

However I would advise that if you wish to use these energies that you pick up some books on chakra meditation to give you a focus for these things. While in most cases you would be fine, using this energy to often and not knowing what your doing with it can result in various kinds of mental or physical illness since its basically the center of your life force that your utilizing.

But I truly hope you do become interested enough to start some form of practice, since it will be, without a doubt, a rewarding and enlightening experience for you since your energy centers are clearly trying to open up.

If you need any help or advice feel free to U2U me.

Really? Why do you say that? I can "summon" this feeling too to, the point of being able to "direct the energye down on my spinal cord". But I never thought it would be realted to chakras. Why is that a dangerous thing?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravhen
Let me start of by saying that I am 19 years old and that as long as I remember I have been able to feel (or cause) a tingling/tickling sensation in my forehead. A long time ago, I would only feel it when there was an object close to my head (such as a pencil or something). Now however, I believe that this sensation had something more to do with my focus being concentrated to that particular area as I can now summon (for lack of a better word) the same sensation without any assistance and push it further down my body (approximately to the top of my neck). Has anyone ever heard of anything similar to this? I'm not necessarily looking for some kind of paranormal off the wall explanation (actually the more normal the explanation, the better), but i'm at a loss as to what it could be.

I had the same thing for about 4-5 months this year. Drove me absolutely nuts!!

I finally got it to go away by talking to my homeopathic practitioner about it. The next remedy he gave me got rid of it.

I have no idea why I was having it, but I always suspected it had something to do with my third eye or something.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MorfeuZ

The opening up of the energy centers in the body and brain, beyond what people normally experience, opens up powerful spiritual and unconscious energies which without focus can cause harm in ones life. This is at least the teaching and experience of spiritual teachers of both the east and the west. Thus if these energy centers are consciously being activated and used, and energy is consciously being moved about, you might as well turn towards a source of information which can guide you into where to start and how to go about it in ways which people of both the east and west have been doing for hundreds if not a few thousand years.

A combination of moving this energy, meditating on the spiritual symbols of your choosing, and breath work all go towards an even, steady growth in these areas which produces the best results.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Seventhdoor

Well I already had noticed that the "flow lines" are resemblant of an acupunture map for example. And Qui Gong etc.

But also feels like the nervous system flow. Would they be the same? IDK.

Could you recomend some books?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Used to experience that a lot when I was young. It's more painful to me than tingling. I actually thought that the water torture in which water drops go to your forehead is about this.

Now, my eyebrow ridge bone has grown and I can't feel it anymore. Btw. This happens even if my eyes are closed.

I remember posting at ATS about the scientific explanation for this and all I got was everyone feels this without any explanation why it happens.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Unregistered

Pain? Definetly not what I feel is pain. How would you describe this tingling? To me it feels like raising my arm's hair. When I focus on my arms that is.

I never really figured out what this feeling is with certainty either.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I have had that sensation on a number of occasions.The most intreasting time was when radio waves were passing though my body.I accedently touched the silver plugs of my computer speakers while they were turned on at the power outlet.The local radio station came out of the speakers very clearly.I did not get a electrical shock.My hair stood on end and my whole body was buzzing.Sometimes i believe electromagnetic waves and static electricty can cause a tingling in the front of the head.I can tell when there will be a change in the weather too.When the pressure changes my ears block up for a short period.If your head is too close to the computer screen or you have been on the computer too long ,that will give you a buzzing in your head too.I have a buzzing right now because i am listening to music with my ear phones.Yes earphones and loud music will cause the buzzing too.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorfeuZ
reply to post by Unregistered

Pain? Definetly not what I feel is pain. How would you describe this tingling? To me it feels like raising my arm's hair. When I focus on my arms that is.

I never really figured out what this feeling is with certainty either.

It's painful but it doesn't feel like the pain when you pinch yourself or get physically wounded. The pain isn't from outside but in the inside of the center of the eyebrows but the pain doesn't seem to be originating from the flesh since it links up on the other parts of the brain (I presume) from the area where the finger is directed to. It's tough to explain.

Also, this isn't an occasional thing since it happens every time I put my finger in the center-quarter inch higher of my eyebrows which happens when I'm reminded of it.

I mentioned in an old thread that it will be best to try it out on younger folks who haven't fully developed their skulls yet or at least people who have a smoother forehead bone area.

Just a correction. I just checked and the sensation is still there except that it's a lot lesser than when I was young. My eyebrow bone ridge has grown but there is still a particular spot at the center of my eyebrow ridge bone that didn't grow along with it and it's exactly at the center.

There has to be a scientific research about this since people has said that almost everyone has this. I find it interesting since the particular spot isn't touched due to the fact that the finger is an inch above the skin in the first place.

Personally, I'd rather not delve into this third eye business since I want to exhaust all the scientific facets of it before going through the metaphysical things.

Btw. I don't think this should be in the Gray Area since a number of folks indicate that this is a common occurrence.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Unregistered]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

I don’t intend to be rude but I can’t help it. You have obviously never experienced anything spiritually alive in your life.

Is it by your knowledge passed on from some one else that you can ascertain that this could by no means be something beyond your understanding? Or is it because you have personally exhausted all possibilities by your own trials?

You're wrong, it’s not a psychological effect combined with a sensation from focus.

When I was younger it was in my forehead, later it moved to the top of my head, today it starts on the back of my head. I don’t know anything about Chakras, but I do know how to move it, activate it and hold it.

I believe it’s a missing part of our human experience as a whole and should the majority ever adopt embracing the peace within things would sure look brighter.

To me,
It is the answer to all questions and knowledge that passes understanding. Yeah you read that right, knowledge that you don’t and can’t understand.
Contained in it is the essence of life, and it requires only that you breathe it in.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by budro
reply to post by Ridhya

When I was younger it was in my forehead, later it moved to the top of my head, today it starts on the back of my head. I don’t know anything about Chakras, but I do know how to move it, activate it and hold it.

Sounds very much like what I feel. I started controlling it by "bypassing my system" and control the "muscle shakes" that we fill with a goosebump. IDK if it makes much sense, or if I expressed myself right, but thats how I started it.

But I don't get this feeling focused on the forhead a lot, it is stronger on the back of the neck and from there it spreads.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seventhdoor
but can you explain the back of the neck please?

Its wherever your focus is. You can get it in your foot even if you practice and focus hard enough. Between the eyes is most common because it is the easiest to focus there of all places.

Has it ever occurred to you that this happens to everyone because everyone is capable of tapping into their own life force if they so desire, and not because meditation and life force is a scam?

People call it different things, ki, chi, qi, chakra, spirit force, bioelectricity, but I dont buy into things people tell me I only go with what I know. And I know that the body is a giant battery, flowing with electrical pulse. If you attach electrodes to the different part of the brain and electrify it you get a different sensation.

Nothing spiritual there, our nervous impulse does this when it is activated, and an 'artificial' source will have the identical effect. If you have good control over your body I do not doubt of the psychological possibilities.

Being a psychologist I will tell you the human mind and its power is far more fascinating than telling you 'spirit did it' and such but people will believe what they find best.

reply to post by ravhen

Exactly! And I bet you find it harder to replicate without a sharp object, correct? It is simply easier to focus on something that is THERE than something you imagine

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by budro

You may not be rude but you certainly make an ass of yourself assuming things of someone youve never talked to. You seem to have me confused with someone attacking your close beliefs or something and are getting all defensive.

Is it by your knowledge passed on from some one else that you can ascertain that this could by no means be something beyond your understanding? Or is it because you have personally exhausted all possibilities by your own trials?

You're wrong, it’s not a psychological effect combined with a sensation from focus.

Nope its because it IS within my understanding. But I see that you dont follow your own rule because you believe it is spiritual, it can not be scientific.

I do agree with you it is the essence of life, electricity makes the human body possible. When I was little I could make radios go all fuzzy, not aura, bioelectricity. But maybe they are one and the same

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Seventhdoor

good answer, this actually feels right as i have not yet researched it but always thought it was my third eye, i feel i can do/manipulate certain things while in this state.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join