It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'disappointed' at Italy verdict in CIA case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

US 'disappointed' at Italy verdict in CIA case

rawstory.com

WASHINGTON — The United States said Wednesday it is "disappointed" with the convictions in Italy of 23 US and two Italian secret agents for the CIA's kidnapping of an Egyptian cleric in 2003.

"We are disappointed by the verdicts against the Americans and Italians charged in Milan for their alleged involvement in the case involving Egyptian cleric Abu Omar," State Department spokesman Ian Kelly told reporters.

He declined to comment further pending a written opinion from the judge. He expected the case to be appealed.

The CIA's Milan station chief at the time, Robert Seldon Lad
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Of course the whole spin with everything regarding Bush is that they just want you to believe that the CIA has been only doing these things for the last 8 years. That somehow- they haven't been doing it for the last 40 years or so... and that it's a partisan thing and a Republican thing- and that because they got tried- it's going to be fine now. I used to be in that camp- that Bush was at fault for everything- but then I found out about imperialism, and I found out about Noam Chomsky, and... now I know the truth.

When you see articles like this in the MSM it's supposed to get you to think that oh hey I'm so glad we got these guys out... but it's not supposed to tell you the truth. These people are partisan hacks... and they don't care about truth they just care about spreading an agenda. My point is- that this article is just propaganda, and, articles like it are just propaganda. I felt that I would share that insight because not everyone knows that. So. That's all... it's not like Obama isn't any less complacent than Bush in letting the military industrial complex control the flow of events of the world.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
To open ones eyes is one of the hardest things to do.

It only took one teacher in my life to open my eyes. US History Sophomore year.

He started the class with a lecture. I will be paraphrasing. Everything and I mean Everything you learn is given to you by a perspective. When I talk to you, it is from my perspective, when you read a book, it is the authors perspective, when you watch TV news, it is from their perspective.

History is always given by a perspective of who's history it is. Is it from the perspective of the winner or loser?

Now our country, the US, is the largest propaganda machine ever imagined. We are bombarded 24/7 by media, everywhere you look it is overwhelming.

Sometimes I wish I never awoke, because I have a hard time holding in my anger. Just watching the news you have to look at it as 5% truth, 45% spin and 50% outright lies.

I should have taken the BLUE pill!

The ENDISNIGHE

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Now our country, the US, is the largest propaganda machine ever imagined. We are bombarded 24/7 by media, everywhere you look it is overwhelming.

Sometimes I wish I never awoke, because I have a hard time holding in my anger. Just watching the news you have to look at it as 5% truth, 45% spin and 50% outright lies.

I should have taken the BLUE pill!

Thank you.

Gitmo is another distraction, as so much attention is focused on this one military prison camp, hardly anyone is aware that the US operates more of them all over the globe, and if we now know they WERE torturing people to death at Gitmo, who knows what is going on at all these others no one is watching?

The US is now doing the kinds of things Germany was chastised for in the 1930's and 40's. Including invading countries for no good reason, just well-executed propaganda.

History repeats itself.

new topics

top topics

join