It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think of him?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I would like everyone to give Bush a satisfactory rating, with 1 being the worst, and 5 being the best.

Please also state the reasoning for the vote.

I'd give him a 3...

1 for freeing Iraqi citizens
1 for making more strict abortion laws
1 he's from Texas

M.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by US.SecretService
1 for freeing Iraqi citizens
1 for making more strict abortion laws
1 he's from Texas

M.

I would slap you upside the head but you're too far away.
jk

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
1) I could care less about freeing teh Iraqis as they seemed unconcerned for themselves. A 5, however, for ousting Hussein.

2) A 5 is in order for the partial birth murder.

3) My ex is from Texas; what do you think my opinion is?!?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'd say 4....... I always feel to get that 5/5 or 10/10 mark you have to do everything near perfect.

he:
A) Got rid of saddam
B) Partial birth abortions
C) Is actually willing to stand up for what is important for America, and not just be the UN's bitch.
D) Since 9/11, no attacks on US soil

If he continues this, gets OBL, and the economy picks up, I'd give him a 5

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'd give him a 3 as well. If you are counting LBJ as 2 and Satan as 1. I think he could be replaced by a toilet paper pushing monkey
, and it would be a step up.

Yeah I know what you're going to say, "but he isn't your president." Well, the politics below the border have a direct effect on us. The US is our #1 trading partner and a lot of business here is owned by American interests. So there is a spill-over.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I would say a four.

The economy, right now, is at the same level it was at in 1997. It's important to look at the whole picture, because while he does have an influence on the economy, so does the Fed, Greenspan, the legislature, etc.

Bonus points for partial birth abortion bans...That was an atrocity which waited too long for us to rid ourselves of.

Minus points for essentially alienating his own party: What's up with allowing illegal aliens permits to work the US? He's not going to win the Hispanic vote (who was clearly the target of it), and he's losing Republicans in the process.
I wish he'd done more about stopping the outsourcing of jobs.

Truth be told, though, I think he seems like a serious, down to earth, charismatic guy...When you juxtapose how much money both him and Kerry has, I feel far more put off by Kerry - he seems to flaunt it. Bush just seems like an average guy, much more on the populace's level. Kudos for that.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think 3 from me ...

1 for being anti-abortion

1 for the pic of when he comforted the daughter of one of the 9-11 victims.

and 1 for being there for me to take the piss out of when I get bored with abusing Blair.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Im skeptical of this thread....thats all im saying....

But id give him a 1 jsut cuz you said it was the worst.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I'd have to agree wholeheartedly with TC, and my husband of course. These are some of the most important issues IMO.

However....

I have to give him complete ZEROES in his, and his fellow repugnats continued treatment of the poor in this country. Likewise (of course) his special treatment for corporations.

While I'm at it, I also don't DIG the way he has such a major hard-on for wars and fighting, and I also DON'T get off on his spending gazillions of dollars building hospitals etc in Iraq, while millions here go without adequate medical care.

If GWB would simply learn the concept of "Charity begins at home", he just might make a fine president in my eyes.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I'd give him a 5 for not being the president of my country... and god am i thankful for that.

But a 1 would go to him for what he's doing to the world and the fact that the world is not a safer place now since he decided that he needs to bom as many people as he can while in office

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I would rate him a 4, for these reasons:

Tax reduction!
Rebuilding the inteligence and military infrastructure
Increasing the child tax credit and education credit.
Partial birth abortion ban.
Also, it looks like the "assault" weapons ban is gonna sunset.
Getting rid of tyrants in Afghanistan and Iraq and pacifying Libya.

[Edited on 5/20/2004 by Variable]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There has been nothing of merit to come out of the White House in nearly 4 years. For those that beleive something did, it's really a faith based initiative on their parts....'cause the facts ain't sayin'g boo.

I especially like the "got rid of Saddam" reason.
How much did we spend on Iraq while Saddam was in power?
How many terror events were Iraqi responsible for since Gulf War I?
How did a 3rd world nation who suffered over 10 years worth of non-stop bombing sorties from the US & UK ( over a quarter million bombing runs - and had a bullocks military to begin with, got torched in 1991 & was even weaker in 2003 ), present a danger to the US?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
WoooHooo!!!

I'll give him a 5 too.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Ermmm....i would say 3 aswell

Firstly, for Saddam
Secondly, ermmm....i can't think of a second or a third lol ok i'll change my mind, i'll give him one

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'd give Bush a 5 for the economic and moral fixes and finding Saddam, a 1 for speech, and a 1 for his imperialist policies.
Average score: 2.33 = F, D-

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
... 3) My ex is from Texas; what do you think my opinion is?!?

*Starts singing* Alllll my exs live in Texas; Texas is the place I really love, to, be ... something something something in Tennessee ...

I'm 19 and I like country music? Impossible? No. Improbable? Yes.

[Edited on 5/20/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
well being that the US Secret Service is asking this question, I will carefully answer that I rank him a 4 whether warranted or not.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
well being that the US Secret Service is asking this question, I will carefully answer that I rank him a 4 whether warranted or not.

No fear. They don't like him either

- he gets a 5 star rating from me. He made me laugh so much even if things were worse

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by shoo]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I will give him a z because he doesn't deserve a number nor to have the letter capitalized.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hmm...

War on Terror 5
Tax reduction 5
Rummy 5
Ashcroft 1
Gay marriage 1

Overall 3.4

Compared to Kerry *5*

Compared to Clinton Priceless

It is so nice th think about the White House without an image of Bill Clinton walking around in an open robe with a wet cigar in one hand and the latest copy of Hustler in the other.....

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'll give him a 2

He gets points for a few things.
He did react a lot better than I would have after 9/11.
He also gets credit for having balls. He has one HUGE set, even if I don't agree with him, he's got balls.
He did what his old man should of done 12 years ago.
I will give him respect for that and thats why he gets a 2 instead of a 1.

I hold Bush personally accountable for every abuse that comes out of this current war. His bad planning has cost us more than we realize I think.
As commander in chief,
he should be able to get a bit more control over our fighting forces. War makes ya do some freaky things,
and in order to get a grip on those actions,
He should of clamped down and got all his advisors to make sure these things didnt go like they have. you dont sent 135,000 troops for something like this. You send 300,000 or more, and you get CONTROL over the situation. He has lost control. The way our troops are spread out, its no wonder they do bad things, they need to have a lot more of thier own brothers and sisters around them to keep them in check.
Bad planner....going to cost us for years.
IMO...so...as I stated...2

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join