It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Archeologists have unearthed an 8,000-year-old weapons factory

page: 2
15
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Great topic, S+F!!
There isn't enough known about the Star Carr frontlet to say if it was for certain used as a hunting disguise or if it was for ritualistic purposes, but this is back in the day when hunters didn't have the luxury of sniping their prey from afar, so they needed to get as close to their prey as possible. It may have been both, for hunting and for rituals.

It's interesting to me to see how the numerous climate changes affecting England (or any of the northern latitudes) played such a major role in our development.


Survival wasn't easy, not least because of numerous adverse climatic changes: on four separate occasions the northern latitudes experienced ice ages resulting insuccessive waves of freezing and thawing, and triggering migrations or widespread death. In fact, the development of human culture during Paleolithic times was repeatedly and profoundly affected by environmental factors. Paleolithic humans were food gatherers, who depended for their subsistence on hunting wild animals, fishing, and collecting berries, fruits and nuts. It wasn't until about 8,000 BCE that more secure methods of feeding (agriculture and animal domestication) were adopted.
- from here

Finding collections of tools from the cusp between the end of the paleolithic era and the beginning of the mesolithic era, or even the fragments from their manufacture, really sheds some light on early modern mans history!




posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
this reminds me of ancient weapons of death, a documentary i was watching. there are man made weapons of destruction thousands of years old.



posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This is why i love living in Britain. There really is history everywhere.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.



posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I do not want to be a party pooper Please show me some 8,000 year old tents! Post molds maybe but tents --not.
Most early dwelling in colder climates were earthen or tree bark huts.


well I think the Leicester team are saying that temporary shelters consisting of animal skins were held down by small rocks, i.e., "tent pegs". Naturally nothing of wood or skin will last for 10,000 years (except under extremely rare conditions).



posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by frankensence

I do not want to be a party pooper Please show me some 8,000 year old tents! Post molds maybe but tents --not.
Most early dwelling in colder climates were earthen or tree bark huts.


well I think the Leicester team are saying that temporary shelters consisting of animal skins were held down by small rocks, i.e., "tent pegs". Naturally nothing of wood or skin will last for 10,000 years (except under extremely rare conditions).


So we got some rocks !!! and then for some reason we get Tents!!

Of course. What sorta ticks me off a little and please don't get me wrong is ---That archeology and anthropology were distinct and separate disciplines.
And it worked well. The archeologist found and dated the stuff and the anthropologist reviewed and commented on the finds.
Today the young bloods seem to be lumping it all together. I quess that's ok for salvage situations as the one in the thread is. It's dollars. I guess that is why it is a TEAM.
Good research needs to keep the two disciplines separate. Just my opinion.
When you go back 10.000 years or so , then we need the Paleontologist for the fauna and ferna.
Oh, Geologists and Paleo Meteorologists. It is all good. And fascinating.
If you fill your quiver with these arrows YOU will never be bored.
What is sad is that they are publishing stuff on the cheap and the reader gets short changed.
I know I am a party pooper.



posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million
So we got some rocks !!! and then for some reason we get Tents!!

Of course. What sorta ticks me off a little and please don't get me wrong is ---That archeology and anthropology were distinct and separate disciplines.
And it worked well.


The rocks are a pretty good indication, based upon archaeological practice.

And while in the 'old world', archaeology is known as 'history's handmaiden', in North America, what is known as 'pre-history' is generally prior to European contact...history being considered as written records. While the aboriginal population here did have oral history and petrographs, they are not regarded in the same way as written history, which goes back a lot further in much of the rest of the world. Hence, a lot of interpretation of the past falls to the anthropologists to decipher...often based upon what is recounted in Greek or Roman records. Which is why in North America, archaeology is an aspect of anthropology.

So...it all depends upon the context.



posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
this reminds me of ancient weapons of death, a documentary i was watching. there are man made weapons of destruction thousands of years old.


It is true.
Please find some 7 inch long fluted ,Clovis spear points from Washington State USA and the biggest and best from England. They are the cruise missiles of the day.
The technology is a linier trail from the first, cast killing tool, (wood then rock, then metal to today's WMD]



posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Donnie, I would agree that maybe the Leicester team was too premature in issuing their press release, or maybe it was a case of an overly eager reporter looking to make a story out of something. The article doesn't give a lot of detail, but the universities PR shows that fire pits and charred bones were also found, so they should be able to get some accurate dates out of their finds.

Could you go into a little more detail about the flints found in the Americas, are you saying that fur traders dumped these when returning with their pelts? What makes them distinct from flints in the Americas, what is the time frame for this?



posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Why isn't anyone questioning not the findings or the archaeologists, but instead the developers who hired these 'archaeologists', I'm not religious and adhere to no specific dogma, etc HOWEVER i have heard of NWO plans involving faked archeology finds to destroy faith in christianity & other religions. Now regardless of whether that theory mentioned is accurate, how often have you heard of a developer giving a enough of a sh*t to actually bother getting a dig done first? me personally? never. I certainly can't picture walmart, kfc, etc doing a dig before they throw up there new buildings.....too greedy right? very nature of CEO...that kind of power....amplify the greed of the men...

SO greedy men caring about history & conservation? or being TOLD to do it?
or being PAID to do it?

whos really behind this....?

and is this one of many subtle messages being delivered via the news media to the public from the corp owners...working toward a bluebeam type scenario......

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

[edit on 5/11/09 by B.Morrison]



posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer


Could you go into a little more detail about the flints found in the Americas, are you saying that fur traders dumped these when returning with their pelts? What makes them distinct from flints in the Americas, what is the time frame for this?


If you don't mind me piping up, ships leaving the Old World would fill their ballasts with rocks and such, and dump it in the New World, where they would fill their holds with goodies coming back.

Which explains why you might find Roman amphorae and Acheulean hand axes in places like New York Harbour...as a f'rinstance, and why you find piles of 15th century European roof tiles in Red Bay, Labrador.



posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
Now regardless of whether that theory mentioned is accurate, how often have you heard of a developer giving a enough of a sh*t to actually bother getting a dig done first? me personally? never. I certainly can't picture walmart, kfc, etc doing a dig before they throw up there new buildings.....too greedy right?


Well, in the province of Ontario...and I assume the others... it's mandatory to do an archaeological assessment if there is a likelihood of encountering anything, and that is part of the municipal planning process. It's recognised as part of the price of doing business.



posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
B.Morrison, usually when a developer encounters archeological remains when excavating for a building project they grudgingly allow that it will delay their project, which costs them money. Most however do seem to willingly accept that history is more important and give the researchers time to conduct their surveys.

I can't possibly imagine any entity (NWO or otherwise) existing that goes around falsely planting artifacts all to "delude" people into thinking the world is older than the figure given in the bible.


J Cunuck: And while in the 'old world', archaeology is known as 'history's handmaiden', in North America, what is known as 'pre-history' is generally prior to European contact...history being considered as written records. While the aboriginal population here did have oral history and petrographs, they are not regarded in the same way as written history, which goes back a lot further in much of the rest of the world. Hence, a lot of interpretation of the past falls to the anthropologists to decipher...often based upon what is recounted in Greek or Roman records. Which is why in North America, archaeology is an aspect of anthropology.


Well said. In N. America it is not only their lack of a written record but their lack of architecture (in most cases) that forces this approach.


J Cunuck: .. it's mandatory to do an archaeological assessment if there is a likelihood of encountering anything, and that is part of the municipal planning process. It's recognised as part of the price of doing business.


Although in remoter areas off the beaten path builders, during excavation, are the first to uncover what may be a find and it's their judgment call to alert authorities. Of course they may be too ignorant to know what they are looking at, are there are times when a builder's plea to archeologists goes ignored, call it history lost (The Rockwall County, Texas finds for instance took a long time before local archeologists would bother to review them).



posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
ahhhhh i see, that was an interesting read, thank you JohnnyCanuck & Blackmarketeer, it is nice to get real answers to my questions S+F.


also,
i have been sceptical of the 'planting relics' theory,
and it was only from my ignorance & assumptions regarding developers & the process that led to my considering it.

However I'm still inclined to think that nothing is beyond the bad-news-bears.

no matter how rediculous it may seem.

for e.g theres evidence to support the idea that mystery schools & various coveters of info know things about ancient egypt, sumeria & the like that is not revealed to the public.

it suggests that the people of ancient greece, rome, egypt, etc were aware of the various applications of resonance & standing waves for destruction, creation & physiological treatments.

It was a tool.

the knowledge can be discovered by studying music & the science of sound, maybe some physics.

however that research path for discovery only exists when the notes are tuned to the 'natural' frequencies, that being A(at the 4th octave) equalling 432Hz rather than the imposed 440Hz.

Joseph Goebbels & a virtual unknown body of randoms took authority over the matter and since the 40s(? close too the 40's but i forget) we've been stuck with a tuning system that relates to nothing in nature whatsoever, this is a similar debate/situation as the one regarding the metric system, this just approaches from the perspective of music rather than mathematics.

Its important to note however, that the issue is not the systems used themselves, but that only these 'natural' systems will provide the sign's that point to the REAL gold of the knowledge which is anti-gravity, anti-aging & how to destroy structures....through the art of vibration & energy manipulation.

what they are doing is comparable to telling people that 2+2=5 so that every idea they come up with is built on a foundation of lies, likewise people can't understand the applications of sound available if they're told that A= one thing when it should actually equal something different.

Some of their (badnewsbears) influences really are that subtle & hard to detect until enough time has passed that people can trace back events.

-B.M
[edit on 5/11/09 by B.Morrison]

[edit on 6/11/09 by B.Morrison]

[edit on 6/11/09 by B.Morrison]



posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Donnie, I would agree that maybe the Leicester team was too premature in issuing their press release, or maybe it was a case of an overly eager reporter looking to make a story out of something. The article doesn't give a lot of detail, but the universities PR shows that fire pits and charred bones were also found, so they should be able to get some accurate dates out of their finds.

Could you go into a little more detail about the flints found in the Americas, are you saying that fur traders dumped these when returning with their pelts? What makes them distinct from flints in the Americas, what is the time frame for this?


Sure I hope so.
Again this is a salvage job so one shouldn't be as critical as I.
The FLINT as it should only be called if it comes from England. Other silicates are Cherts, Chalcedonies Quartz and Quartzites.. Basalt is often used as well for spears and the like. The Flint nodules are found in the English chalk.
The cliffs of Dover is a good place to find some.
The merchant ships were loaded with the nodules since the colonies were exporting more than importing. My best guess at time would be 1600-1800 AD
Before the ships were loaded with furs tobacco and lumber for the return trip, the ballast flints would be dumped overboard in the harbor. There are hundreds of these ports from Manhattan Islandto the upper Mississippi River. The St. Lawrence Sea Way to Mobile Bay. Divers and oysterman are the best source to get some.
It sells here for about four dollars a pound.



posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
Why isn't anyone questioning not the findings or the archaeologists, but instead the developers who hired these 'archaeologists', I'm not religious and adhere to no specific dogma, etc HOWEVER i have heard of NWO plans involving faked archeology finds to destroy faith in christianity & other religions. Now regardless of whether that theory mentioned is accurate, how often have you heard of a developer giving a enough of a sh*t to actually bother getting a dig done first? me personally? never. I certainly can't picture walmart, kfc, etc doing a dig before they throw up there new buildings.....too greedy right? very nature of CEO...that kind of power....amplify the greed of the men...

SO greedy men caring about history & conservation? or being TOLD to do it?
or being PAID to do it?

whos really behind this....?

and is this one of many subtle messages being delivered via the news media to the public from the corp owners...working toward a bluebeam type scenario......

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

[edit on 5/11/09 by B.Morrison]


There is truth to what you say but folks are only human. Being first, the biggest, or the oldest carries weight.
American Indians here in the states protest the destruction of their ancient village and burial sites. Wall mart is a big offender.
You can join the fight. Check it out on line.
New antiquity laws require a check for historic and pre historic material before construction permits are issued. Of course for every lock maker there is a lock picker.



posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million
 


ah right, i saw walmart the high cost of low prices just a couple of days ago, i really hate those S.O.B's, they wouldn't even reply to phone calls on environmental charges, harder to communicate with than oil companies, bastards.

I was blown away by the medicaid scenario, thats just plain wrong for a country to not help its people get medical care,

i didn't pay for the last trip i had at the doctors.
medicare did.
i didn't even have to pay for medicare.
i live in australia btw.
i'm on benefits as well, i'm unemployed.
this is a good thing in our country, we have alot of scum who rip off the system, but we also have alot of young talent who work in unstable field such as showbiz & we have lots of young people who are still figuring out what they want to do with their lives, and i think it is good that they are supported. maybe not so much the 40yr old alcoholic white trash...

but point is i feel sorry for u guys that ur government are a-holes. our government sucks too, but not like yours. and then i saw the obama deception yesterday and learnt about the wall street admin you guys are dealin with, I hadn't realised things had escalated so quickly since bush, we still are all fairly ignorant of obama's true nature (we=australia) however we've been threatened by him several times regarding our pulling out troops from iraq & recieved not even a phone call during the bushfires that wiped out a bunch of people a while back. so he's an ass-hat basically. useless. I mean who would need a hat for their ass? no one, that who.

sounds interesting the conservation work too - a-indian,
but i've got local moral tests to face regarding the local aboriginies before I start fighting on behalf of my broader spread bros, got business to settle here first. You know a tribal aboriginal man from out bush once told me that they tell their young not to go to the city's. then you go to the cities and theres so many that aren't having a good time. thats putting it tentatively...

and thats another story for another day,
P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

P.S. - we finally got reports here in our news talking about how the rest of the world thinks were stuck up (local comedian said:ha! we've finally done it! we've finally turned into america!....i thought that was pretty funny...)
but of course its true and most of us know it, but we're the quiet ones you see so the loud ig'nant aussies who comprise most of the tourist aussies as well, are the dickhe*ds. we call them yobbos. they call themselves yobbo's and wear it like a badge with pride. dcikheads.



new topics

top topics



 
15
<< 1   >>

log in

join