It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof! Of previous Civilizations and Cataclysms!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I know, but it's fun replying to them and seeing what amount of stupidity will be crap spouted next. Although I admit sometimes it is very trying and annoying to have to deal with the stupidity.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knowledgeseeker5434
reply to post by sirnex

I keep reading his posts and laugh everytime. He keeps stating geology like its a proven science. Science has come to be wrong and it will stilll be wrong untill we know everything. I meen comeon people, they think the sphinx was built with the egyptians. Yet there are clearly water erosion marks on the base of it. And whens the last time water was that plentiful in it? 10,000 or so years. Many scientists has come forward with this, yet they throw the idea out because it goes against their standard beliefs of history. Answer me this. It took us how long to achieve our current state from our known history. 5,000 years? 6,000? And yet modern homo sapiens have been around for 125,000-150,000 years. If we could advance so quickly in 5,000 what the hell were we doing the other 140,000 years. Common sence tells me somthing most have been happening, oceans shift and sea levels rise and fall. The fact the nearly every culture has a flood myth, most having told of a great people destroyed by the flood and its survivors seeding knowlege across the world. Even the cultures of modren day africa have flood myths, yet clearly to you every flood myth revolves around people who live by the sea

You're funny. First you denigrate someone for believing that Geology is a proven science and then you turn around and cite "evidence" of weathering to "prove" that the Sphinx was not built by the Egyptians. So are you enjoying your cake?

Listen up knuckle heads. Geology IS proven science. I work in the Oil and Gas industry and we use knowledge based upon Geological science everyday in our pursuit of fossil fuels. Expanding earth theory is pure BS. Get it through your heads... it's BS!

Funny thing is that I agree with your contention that previous advanced civilizations existed that we have no knowledge of, but the Google Earth images of a few lines on the Ocean floor are certainly not proof.

I guess that here on ATS, "little boy" logic is acceptable and encouraged.

Rock On...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I admire you for questioning alot, one thing I like about you. Though about our recent technology advance can be atributed to the fact that throughout our history religion has condemed science and such as blackmagic. Is it a coincidence that as soon as religion and government seperated that we advanced so much in only 200 years. I am not a firm believer in aliens, I think we as a people have a potential to advance very quickly. BUt due to the dark ages and such we have progressed very little in the 5,000 years up to the current 200. Im not saying atlantis is real or even if it was in the ocean. But can you tell me that since we advance so fast, what were people doing the other 125,000 years modern man has been around? Wouldnt it make more sence that mankind was once like we are today? Maby not but was destroyed due to some catacylsm, instead of hunting and gathering for 120,000 years living as animals?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I've actually been trying to figure that one out for awhile now. If the Earth is expanding, then how is the oceans rising? Where is all this new water accumulating from? If they say polar caps were bigger in the past, well... fine, but wouldn't they have had to have been huge compared to the huge size they are today? Only reason I haven't bothered with the expanding earth argument is because of the obvious idiocy of it and it's adherents.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Anamnesis

I agree with you the the hollowearth/expanding earth theory is bs. Maby the lines were caused by sand. All im saying is perhaps there was an advanced human culture befor our recorded history that was wiped out.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PaulKCA

When you consider things like the Antikythera device; various anomalies like traces of tobacco and coc aine in Egyptian mummies, electrical devices in Babylon; the recently discovered trans-Amazonian civilization and the African stone metropolis, I've learned to keep an open mind about things of this nature, and not reject an idea out of hand just because it's outlandish.

Rather, I try to see if perhaps there isn't some bit of verifiable truth hidden somewhere in it to add to other bits of verified truth to help create a better picture of the past. The one thing I am absolutely sure of is that we don't know a whole lot for sure about most of our history, what we know for sure keeps changing, and the planet has a strong record of planetary disasters. I see the debate about the comet impact that may have been responsible for the disappearance of the megafauna and the Clovis people in North America and few things seem far-fetched if that is true, as seems to be the case.

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Knowledgeseeker5434

I admire you for questioning alot, one thing I like about you. Though about our recent technology advance can be atributed to the fact that throughout our history religion has condemed science and such as blackmagic.

Half truth. Only through the dark ages did this occur and only with the monotheistic church during that time. Prior to the dark ages the Muslims were an immense help in attaining scientific knowledge and progress. It was the churches wish to deny scientific progression as they viewed science as a means to question the churches power. Again, this was only during the dark ages, not prior to that. You would be surprised how long before the dark ages that we knew the Earth was round and circled the sun, only to be rediscovered centuries later, no thanks to the church.

Is it a coincidence that as soon as religion and government seperated that we advanced so much in only 200 years.

If your talking about America then I have to disagree. America is not the only nation on the forefront of scientific progression. Many of our modern day advances are attributed to people from other nations.

I am not a firm believer in aliens, I think we as a people have a potential to advance very quickly. BUt due to the dark ages and such we have progressed very little in the 5,000 years up to the current 200.

The dark ages thankfully did not last that long. This time period is during the medieval christian/catholic churches reign of power.

Im not saying atlantis is real or even if it was in the ocean. But can you tell me that since we advance so fast, what were people doing the other 125,000 years modern man has been around?

The reason we've advanced so fast today is because of accumulated knowledge. In my opinion.

Wouldnt it make more sence that mankind was once like we are today? Maby not but was destroyed due to some catacylsm, instead of hunting and gathering for 120,000 years living as animals?

I don't think that would make much sense as it demands that somehow our ancestors had the same or close to the amount of knowledge we posses today. You don't just one day think gee I'll make a computer and bam you got one.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
sirnex
“And yet so forgettable. Why are there no myths or creation stories about this? At least none that I am aware of. Did all the scientists and teachers die during the cataclysm, perhaps all the adults died leaving only the children who would then be unable to restart civilization. Where is the proof for this worldwide cataclysm? Are scientists lying about the various ages for geological features around the world? For what end and purpose would every single scientist, archeologist and geologist have for lying to us?”

****Why should this give rise to Creation Stories? Everything was already created. It just got mess up.

sirnex

“If your talking about flood myths, all of these myths are not from the same period of time nor do they depict the same story and if that isn't enough of a clincher, myth floods only exist for those who live around bodies of water. Your assertion that all myths include some type of cataclysm is bogus bunk and an outright lie unless your not actually aware that other mythologies exist without cataclysms. In which case, as seemingly evident so far, get an education.”

****If you compared them you would see that they are from the same time period. It is the later retelling of them that has people confused. Time lines of History are unreliable. Once upon a time there were no calendars.

Sirnex: “I'm still going to have to disagree here. You've failed to show how these civilizations exist under thousands of feet of ocean water and surviving immense pressures that even our most advance subs can't even stand.”

****No one is saying that there are civilizations existing down there. Like elsewhere, there are just the markings of the Ruins.

Sirnex:
“I'm not questioning current habitation, I'm questioning habitation period. Current geology places these areas underwater for millions of years“

****What makes you think that they were there for Millions of years?
.More likely they have been there about 11,500 years.
You didn’t read my links. You arguments are not serious.

Sirnex:
“Are you offering an alternative to the observed effects of how mountains form? If you are I would love to hear it along with any evidences besides look at these pretty looking lines under water they must be roads type arguments“
That's exactly my predicament, I have been where you folks are now and it is exactly through looking into these different claims that lead me against them. Nearly everything I used to believe, such as the thing's posted here in this thread, I later learned through verifying those claims that they were pure BS.”

****Who has observed mountains forming? Would you be surprized to learn that they were actually formed within hours?
And exactly how did you Verify you info? Curious minds want to know?

"This first part of When the Earth Nearly Died challenges contemporary theories by showing in a detailed survey that well-established geological, palaeontological and biological evidence point to this planet undergoing sudden and very major physical changes about 11,500 years ago. (In fact, the 'Ice Age', as proposed by orthodoxy, is abandoned by the authors in favour of a much shorter later period of intense cold). Nearly all the phenomena ascribed to conventional Ice Age theory can be interpreted as the result of natural convulsions of worldwide proportions. The authors - citing much reputable supporting evidence - argue that the great mountain ranges of today and the great crustal displacements which, along with enormous seismic and volcanic eruptions, changed the face of the Earth, in fact happened violently, rapidly and comparatively very recently."

"One of the most fascinating bodies of evidence is provided by animal remains found in caves, especially in Europe, Asia, South American and Australasia. These usually consist of chaotic agglutinated piles of disjointed bones of a variety of species that could never have co-existed in the same environment - tropical species in northern graveyards and northern species at many equatorial sites. Bird remains in Californian tar-pits illustrate this anomaly even more tellingly. We can only conclude that a vast cataclysm brought about such global carnage. "carnage

Such evidence is also Found in Alaska.

Frank Hibben goes to Alaska

"Instead he found miles of muck filled with the remains of mammoth, mastodon, several kinds of bison, horses, wolves, bears and lions. Just north of Fairbanks, Hibbens and his associates watched as bulldozers pushed the half-melted muck into sluice boxes for the extraction of gold.

Animal tusks and bones rolled up in front of the blades "like shavings before a giant plane". The carcasses were found in all attitudes of death, most of them "pulled apart by some unexplainable prehistoric catastrophic disturbance" (Hibben, 1946).

The evidence of the violence of nature combined with the stench of rotting carcasses was staggering. The ice fields containing these remains stretched for hundred of miles in every direction (Hibben, 1946). Trees and animals, layers of peat and mosses, twisted and mangled together like some giant mixer had jumbled them some 10,000 years ago, and then froze them into a solid mass."

Alaska bones

Sirnex, I would like to see your contrary evidence.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Why should this give rise to Creation Stories? Everything was already created. It just got mess up.

Point taken, so why no worldwide destruction mythologies? Why no mythologies depicting mountains forming that quickly?

If you compared them you would see that they are from the same time period. It is the later retelling of them that has people confused. Time lines of History are unreliable. Once upon a time there were no calendars.

More appropriately, if you *actually* compare them you'd notice that none even agree with each other. They aren't the same story in the slightest. You can't just claim that because a people that live near water at various times and experience a flood and turn it into a myth that this must mean that they all remember some long ago cataclysm.

No one is saying that there are civilizations existing down there. Like elsewhere, there are just the markings of the Ruins.

They don't look anything remotely similar to that at all to me.

What makes you think that they were there for Millions of years?
.More likely they have been there about 11,500 years.
You didn’t read my links. You arguments are not serious.

Er, yea... the expanding Earth. Somehow I think not.

Who has observed mountains forming? Would you be surprized to learn that they were actually formed within hours?
And exactly how did you Verify you info? Curious minds want to know?

Mountain formation is a slow process, so of course I haven't observed it occurring. How come we don't see mountains forming today if it's such a quick process?

Nearly all the phenomena ascribed to conventional Ice Age theory can be interpreted as the result of natural convulsions of worldwide proportions.

And somehow all life managed to survive and live to tell the story! Oh wait... they forgot to tell the story.

Sirnex, I would like to see your contrary evidence.

And I would like to see scientifically verified evidence of yours.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaulKCA

More Intellect! Mirroring truth! Bliss!

Quipy little fella, aren't ya?

I have an idea, instead of offering your snide little remarks as a dismissal of all things "sheepish". Why not offer up some sound evidence that supports your theory? Then make a few predictions based upon that theory which can then be verified? Oh wait... that seems a little to "scientific" for your liking I bet.

In case you haven't noticed. Science has provided you w/many wonderful things so you can pursue anti-intellectualism from the comfort of your own home! While you sit there in your PJ's contemplating just how wrong and un-truthful science is, real people are out in the real world using "sheepish" science as a TOOL to give you all the comforts you can imagine!

The next time you get the idea that science is wrong, take a look around you brother. That PC or MAC you're using, Science! That TV you're watching while you hatch the latest conspiracy theory, Science! AND.... the Gas you put in your vehicle to drive down to the video game store... just how do you think that it was found? Right again, oh pinnacle of truthfulness, Geology makes it possible.

[snip]

Ill-mannered remark removed

[edit on 10/11/09 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Have you actually read Hibben's book? He has been much misquoted out context

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

To all of you with positive input, Thank You! It is good to know that there are others than just the contrarians here! Your Patience and Humor show wisdom!

Oh it's all positive... positive that your full of it...

When that Doctor uses scientific knowledge to save you or someone you care about, you may begin to think differently. Until then, just keep believing that your way of thinking "mo' betta". After all, those jerks who've studied their entire lives to become experts in the ways of science don't have a clue! Right? It's all just a big conspiracy to keep us "Sheeple" calm and ignorant.

Your attitude towards those that disagree is juvenile. Anyone who actually has conviction welcomes challenges. "Contrarians" have driven the evolution of knowledge throughout history. The fact that you only denigrate those who disagree is a clear condemnation of your beliefs regarding this matter. Silence the "contrarians"? You sound like those oppressive, evil "sheep herders" that you so vehemently reel against.

Whatever...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Bliss Pure Bliss!

From your first post;

You're funny. First you denigrate someone for believing that Geology is a proven science and then you turn around and cite "evidence" of weathering to "prove" that the Sphinx was not built by the Egyptians. So are you enjoying your cake?

Listen up knuckle heads. Geology IS proven science. I work in the Oil and Gas industry and we use knowledge based upon Geological science everyday in our pursuit of fossil fuels. Expanding earth theory is pure BS. Get it through your heads... it's BS!

Funny thing is that I agree with your contention that previous advanced civilizations existed that we have no knowledge of, but the Google Earth images of a few lines on the Ocean floor are certainly not proof.

I guess that here on ATS, "little boy" logic is acceptable and encouraged.

You're here aren't you?

And this one;

Quipy little fella, aren't ya?

Not so little!

I have an idea, instead of offering your snide little remarks as a dismissal of all things "sheepish". Why not offer up some sound evidence that supports your theory? Then make a few predictions based upon that theory which can then be verified? Oh wait... that seems a little to "scientific" for your liking I bet.

Already have naive one! Why don't you offer us all data to the contrary?

In case you haven't noticed. Science has provided you w/many wonderful things so you can pursue anti-intellectualism from the comfort of your own home! While you sit there in your PJ's contemplating just how wrong and un-truthful science is, real people are out in the real world using "sheepish" science as a TOOL to give you all the comforts you can imagine!

Don't recall having mentioned anything about science, believe you are confusing me with some one else, "not surprised"!

The next time you get the idea that science is wrong, take a look around you brother. That PC or MAC you're using, Science! That TV you're watching while you hatch the latest conspiracy theory, Science! AND.... the Gas you put in your vehicle to drive down to the video game store... just how do you think that it was found? Right again, oh pinnacle of truthfulness, Geology makes it possible.

No TV since 2001! Been learning the truth about the world in which I live continually my whole life instead of accepting what others tell me to believe and digitally for the past decade and a half! To the exclusion of the need for acceptance!

Please... go push your little boy logic on someone with enough lack of sense to believe your garbage.

You first! Little One! Not pushing anything, take it for what it is or preferably Leave it! No one has solicited your input here!

[edit on 10-11-2009 by PaulKCA]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anamnesis

To all of you with positive input, Thank You! It is good to know that there are others than just the contrarians here! Your Patience and Humor show wisdom!

Oh it's all positive... positive that your full of it...

When that Doctor uses scientific knowledge to save you or someone you care about, you may begin to think differently. Until then, just keep believing that your way of thinking "mo' betta". After all, those jerks who've studied their entire lives to become experts in the ways of science don't have a clue! Right? It's all just a big conspiracy to keep us "Sheeple" calm and ignorant.

Your attitude towards those that disagree is juvenile. Anyone who actually has conviction welcomes challenges. "Contrarians" have driven the evolution of knowledge throughout history. The fact that you only denigrate those who disagree is a clear condemnation of your beliefs regarding this matter. Silence the "contrarians"? You sound like those oppressive, evil "sheep herders" that you so vehemently reel against.

Whatever...

No Need for a Doctor am one!

Read your own words and look in the mirror. Little One!

The truth will set you free!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PaulKCA

No Need for a Doctor am one!

Damn, never knew they had a Doctorate for Bull#ting. I mean, I've heard people claim they did, but never seen someone who actually had attained such a highly coveted degree. Your mom must be proud!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join