It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major quakes could be aftershocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Not sure if any of you have seen this yet...

From news.bbc.co.uk...

Many recent earthquakes may have been the aftershocks of large quakes that occurred hundreds of years ago, according to scientists.

If this is true, and let’s face it some of the recent quakes have not been small, then just how big were the original quakes???

In the journal Nature, researchers described a new pattern in the frequency of aftershocks that could explain some major quakes.

They found that, away from plate boundaries, echoes of past earthquakes can continue for several hundred years.

The scientist go on to say that this could also explain why you can get major earthquake away from major faults.

Anywho... i am certainly no expert in this field... just found it interesting and thought that some of you guys may be interested.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
If you are interested in Earthquakes I highly recommend this site;

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Also this one; neic.usgs.gov...

And Lastly; neic.usgs.gov...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Thanks PaulKCA

I will have a read

I also found this...

news.bbc.co.uk...

Not sure if this is old news or not but it proves that quakes can trigger other quakes in completely different parts of the world. I guess some of you guys will be thinking "yeah tell us something we don’t know" but i was amazed at this... it’s all new to me

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You are welcome. Information regarding most relevant daily issues can be had at urbansurvival.com, if you can handle the truth, as the outlook for the future is dire I suggest halfpasthuman.com.

new topics

top topics

join