It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oath to what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hello.

I am trying to find links to where the soldiers oath to preserve the constitution has been changed to where it is now to the president. Can any-one tell me whether it's true or not?

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by noconsequence

Never heard that one, but I did a snoopes search and found this.
www.snopes.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Here is a link proving that the instance you are researching was indeed a hoax.

Q: Is President Obama planning to have the military swear an oath to him rather than to the Constitution?

A: No, the "news report" that makes this claim is intended as satire.

FULL QUESTION

Will soldiers and officers be required to pledge a loyalty oath directly to the office of the president instead of the Constitution as this news report suggests?

-Truncated

FULL ANSWER

It’s not true that President Barack Obama is changing the oath for military officers. The "news article" being circulated is satire. In fact, this e-mail is one of the easiest we’ve ever debunked. Simply clicking on the link that is helpfully provided at the end of the e-mail (at least in some versions) brings up the article, which was initially posted at Jumping in Pools, a political humor site. But the e-mail omits the following note:

NOTE: This article is, in fact, a satire piece. While you’re here, read other articles, like Obama going on the quarter, how he’s genetically superior, and how he took down Blago.

Even the conservative news site WorldNetDaily has acknowledged that the e-mail is "a hoax" that is "not based on an actual plan."

Military Oath / FactCheck.org

Edit to shorten external sourcing.

Emphasis Mine.

[edit on Wed, 04 Nov 2009 19:05:05 -0600 by MemoryShock]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thank you both. I am only getting the same info, but I was led to believe otherwise. Thank you for correcting me.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Nope. No pledge to Obama nor the POTUS. But military members do swear to follow the orders of the POTUS and the officers appointed over them in accordance with regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. During my last reinlistment my platoon leader and I set the platoon record for fastest completion of the oath.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Just wanted to say thanX again.. These things obviously go out and get twisted up. Good to know some-one is on top of it. No consequencE..

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

join