It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada moves closer to abolish Gun Registry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Tonight on local A-News in London,On there was a short on the Gun Registry.

One step closer to closing the Billion Dollar Gun Registry.
This will finally toss out a great waste of taxpayers money.
The House vote was 164 for abolish to Gun Registry and like 137 against.
The Vote still has to go through one more voting but the outlook is good!

Here is the link for the INFO

Canadian Gun Registry to be abolished!

[edit on 09/28/2009 by ontariocanada]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
2 billion plus down the tubes for nothing at all. The registry was an irritant for legal hunters and farmers alike and never did a thing towards stopping the criminal use of firearms.

Glad it's gone but resent the wasted tax dollars with a passion.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
At least Canada is getting smarter.

The only gun control that works to stop criminals is DRAW, AIM, and FIRE.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Sounds like Canadians might be getting their rights back. I hope something happens in California soon. Things are only getting worse here... It doesn't feel like I live in America.

Gun control solves nothing, and encourages crime. How can someone be so deluded as to think otherwise? Are they just blind?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It is strange that this is some of the first "good" news politicians are bringing...

We act as if "about time!", when it should have always been abolished.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It was too pricey for its own good, but never once did I ever hear a police officer complain about being able to look up whether there was a registered gun in a home before they entered.

No, not all guns were registered in it, but it's quite likely that a life or two was saved because the police were able to see that a gun was registered at a premise before going in to say, check in on a domestic dispute call.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seanryann

I think the police were the only ones who lobbied for it to stay.

Personally, I don't care if it stays or not. The money's already gone and there's no getting it back.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Good riddance to this garbage law.

I did an online vote somewhere and the resulting vote was 73-78% public approval of abolishing this law, with about 23% disapproving.

What a horrible waste of 2 billion dollars.

Wendy Cukier, president of the Coalition for Gun Control, watched the vote from the public gallery in the Commons and called it ``appalling."

"It wasn't even close," said the disgusted campaigner.

"It's horrifying and a lot of Canadians are going to wake up tomorrow and find out about this for the first time."
This link

BooHoo, Wendy. No way will this country turn into another China or Nazi Germany. Forget it, you!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Great news as I live in Canada!

Not that I'm gun happy but seriously.. since when do criminals register their firearms ? This was a restiction towards law biding and honest Canadians. Thankfully that redundant rule is (appears to be anyways) being abolished.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Exactly, when do criminals register their firearms.
But wait....they break into farms and steal....
I don't think that many gun related crime in Canada are done with "Long Arms" so this waste of money has run it's course.

Let's finish up.
It's a lot of paperwork to purchase and then mail comes and you have to carry all this BS with you when you go hunting and such.

All that $$$ wasted when it could have been better spent on health care, such as CT and MRI machines for different cities to cut down on wait times, and don't forget $$ for more family MD's.

Thanks Gov't for finally screwing your head on right!

top topics

join