It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim mother hid bomb manual in her burka and 'considered turning her children into human bombs'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by oozyism

I don't think we had Islamaphobia until a bucnh of Muslims started to blowing themselves up around a bunch of innocent people, including their fellow Muslims.

Why Islamaphobia then? Why not anti-violence?

And are you talking about Iraq? or the 9/11? or the london bombings? Your kind is very good at generalizing, I will give you that

Funny - whenever I see the phrase "your kind" it always makes me feel like someone is generalising...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Hm. You seem to know a lot about prostitutes. Yes, we have them in the U.S.

I'm confused about your point. What's your point? Could you explain this a little more in depth? I kinda got lost with the "aren't pretty", the virgins in heaven, and the cheap prostitutes.

What are you trying to say? Just curious.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
why would you "smuggle" something like that when you could of emailed it much easier or peer to peered it or any of the many other ways of file transfer, have we all noticed how there has been a noticable downturn in "support" for the wars in iraq and afganistan, now we have this, which includes children and tugs our heart strings, soldiers killed while teaching, and a discenting muslim soldier going postal in fort hood, seems like "they" are trying to rally support for their wars against the evil muzzys

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gusan

What war are you talking about? The only "war" I support is keeping terrorists from coming here and killing innocents.

What you call "terrorist" is in fact your -created by your own hand- enemy, those who you call "innocents" are in fact the very ones that contributes the many invasions your government is responsable of, with tax money, their own lifes and wit their vote, support and false patriotism.

You are involved in war you know! There are very few "innocent" americans, until you stop this madness from within you would have to expect your enemies to pay you guys a visit from time to time.
You just cant expect the wars to be fought "abroad" every single time you invade a country.

The tactics used by Muslim unconventional soldiers and terrorists are a tradition that predates any interaction between their nations and the West. These tactics are contained within the very fabric of the Muslim religion via the Koran.

There have been many wars fought between combatants where one side had far superior numbers, weapons and technology than the other. Most of them did not have to engage in terrorism in order to pursue the fight.

Don't blame anyone for coming up with such twisted, immoral tactics other than those who think the ways of the ancient World still apply literally.

There is no justification for using women and children as human bombs against other women, children and non combatants. The act is pure evil and has no possible justification.

I think the problem with terrorists is they can freely engage in such acts without having to be victims of them. The moral codes of the nations they target prevents those nations from teaching them a lesson in limitations.

Unfortunately I don't see an end to Islamic terrorism. There is no evolution past the brutality of a time the World has moved on from when a religion and culture insists on preserving those outdated behaviors. They take advantage of a World who insists on taking a higher moral standard which leaves us as perpetual victims.

All I can say is every imbalance eventually corrects itself, even if it takes a very, very long time.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
People who wear religious forms of clothing do suffer heckling. It happens everywhere to people of all faiths, it just appears more common in the West because everyone is given religious freedom to practise what they want, and people have freedom to criticise the religion of others. I have witnessed this happen to Muslims, Catholics and Jews down the street.

Whether it is a crucifix with a nailed Jesus worn on the chain around your neck, the skullcap worn on your head, or the piece of material worn over your face, you are advertising your religion. I know people that are too paranoid to place religious objects/markers outside their houses because they fear discrimination. It is unfortunate, but all I can say is Welcome To The Jungle.

Given the threat of terrorism and the general community feeling of those in the West, I do believe police were correct for arresting her. It is wrong for people to assume all women who wear the Burqa are potential terrorists. It is an unfair label and as of currently there is no law banning it in public. Also remember that the number of Burqa-wearing women in the West are just like anybody else and should not be mistreated or discriminated against because they are Muslims.

To those defending her possession of such materials and asking that she be excused on the grounds of religious discrimination, that is not practical. The safety of potential casualties far out way her right to carry a USB key with terrorist-related material on it. Using women as suicide bombers has been a popular tactic by religious fanatics in the ME. Why? Because the West has been conditioned to believe that women are innocent, non-violent and non-threatening individuals. An added bonus is that the Burqa can be used to conceal things such as bombs, guns and knives.

If a man dressed like a reverend was stopped, and a USB key containing bombing instructions, Bible references that highlight why abortion is wrong, fell onto the ground as he was being quizzed, people would expect the same treatment.

[edit on 6/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Let me start by saying that not all humans are created equal. There are people like you with an intellectual level so low that it sickens me.

Originally posted by frugal
Hi! Life must be truely awful for the women over there:

First of all, what do you mean by there?? Where is there? middle east?
And you are the expert in the quality of life in the middle east??

You can not get educated and have a job

Why? because they have no schools?
The 18 years that I spent in middle east, I went to some very good schools. And I was offered a job right after graduation.

, or a dream, you have to wear a blanket in one of the hottest places on earth over your entire person, (like you are a non person),

I dream everyday.......and It's not a blanket, it's called a Burkha or Hijab. If people choose to wear a Iron armor in the middle of the desert, that's their wish, you need to keep your nose in your backyard. And by your logic, you should be dictating to the entire world what to wear. Go to India and tell them to take off the Sari they wear, its long and cumbersome and It's hot as hell in India too. Go to Africa and tell the local tribes to take off the ridiculous mask they wear and the face paint, what were they thinking....(sarcasm)

no water, no health care, not much food,

no water??? As much as I would liek to welcome you to the real world, I can see you are a lost cause. Please go back to the trailer you came from, sip on your beer and make babies. I am done with you.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
First off, I'm Muslim from a very religious Muslim family. Secondly, I am not at all religious. So, my views are not gonna be biased towards anyone. I have lived in the middle east for years and also in the west. I have seen both sides of the world.

We will never know the entire story about this incident. She could have been hired by the British government to pull this stunt, so they could implant some scare into the minds of people. Or, she could just be a pissed off Muslim out to take revenge on the west. I do not know and will never will.

She cannot be given a benefit of doubt. If she plans to blow people, we cannot wait for her to carry out the act before arresting her.

Also, I want to add that even if she does the act I would not label her as a terrorist. Child rapists and serial killers are terrorists because they enjoy terrorizing. Muslims in the middle east are tired of the west trying to colonize them, they have a different culture, language, skin color, values, morals, religion, etc. They are basically a different species, just like any other (example, Africa, Asia). They even look different. If they are attacked by any country, they will do whatever it takes to defend themselves.

So, what in the hell makes you think that the west can go there and tell them how to live their lives. If middle east was so jealous of the 'Freedom' in the west, they would just start living like that.

Who exactly is jealous of your 'freedom'??

The extremists?? Don't think so.....they are the ones trying to make sure western culture does not overtake theirs in their own country.

The moderate Muslims?? Don't think so......they don't have to be jealous, if they like western lifestyle better, they can just migrate to a western country.

I don't get it when they say that people in the middle east are jealous of American freedom, it's very contradictory.

You guys need to stop looking at the world with your eyes. Travel the world, meet people, see the cultures before you listen to what the government tells you. Once you do all that, you will begin to notice all the BS that comes out in the MSM over here.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by silencer

You're absolutely right to be offended by some of those misconceptions but there is no need to mix personal attacks in with your rebuttal. Attack the information / ignorance, not the messenger.

People in the Middle East, especially Muslim scholars are some of the most intelligent and well read people I have ever met. They usually have a wide ranging knowledge of history from a large number of cultures, far superior to that of the average Western, (unfortunately).

People need to be realistic about this but also be aware that if you were to have a Muslim friend you will find them to be some of the most kind, intelligent and warm people you will ever meet.

The problem is that those among the religion who choose to engage in terrorism do not wear uniforms or distinguish themselves as being different in any way other than their actions. This is unfortunate as it paints a lot of decent people with the same brush.

Not all Christians believe in the Old Testament instructions as being acceptable in modern times. The majority of Muslims feel the same way about the more brutal and ancient aspects of the Koran. The difference is we do not have Western nations run by old testament bible theocracies.

The only complaint I have for the Muslim community in general is that it does not do enough to remove those elements of it's own. There is a concept of tolerance and protection for fellow Muslims even if they are known to be extremists. This cannot continue if you want the World to see the distinction. The acts of the extremists are so vile they will turn people against all Muslims as it continues.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

You're absolutely right to be offended by some of those misconceptions but there is no need to mix personal attacks in with your rebuttal. Attack the information / ignorance, not the messenger.

You may be right, but in this case he is not the messenger. These are his own thoughts and opinions which clearly show what IQ level his brain is operating at. He has his right to spewing garbage, so do I. If I must be punished for attacking him, he should be punished first for attacking logic, common sense and decency.

The problem is that those among the religion who choose to engage in terrorism do not wear uniforms or distinguish themselves as being different in any way other than their actions. This is unfortunate as it paints a lot of decent people with the same brush.

The real problem is when you look at the situation as US versus 'Terrorists'. The solution lies in figuring out what is compelling people to go to such extreme measures. Maybe the US military bombed a Iraqi village and caused some Iraqi guy to lose his family, home, everything. If he then picks up arms and declares Jihad on the US, who is to blame??? The Iraqi has nothing to lose at this point, you cannot change him, so what is the solution???

Not all Christians believe in the Old Testament instructions as being acceptable in modern times. The majority of Muslims feel the same way about the more brutal and ancient aspects of the Koran. The difference is we do not have Western nations run by old testament bible theocracies.

This statement of yours has no backing whatsoever. Please provide proof that 'majority' of Muslims feel that way. I lived in the middle east for 18 years so I was naturally surrounded by Muslims, and I never met a single Muslim who felt that way about the Quran. In fact, when people attack the Quran or the Prophet, even the moderate Muslims consider it as a direct attack on their personal beliefs.

The whole Mohammad cartoon thing caused global anger, why is that?? In Christian religion, it is ok to make statues, cartoons, caricatures, paintings, murals, etc. of Jesus. In Islam, it is prohibited to depict the prophet in any such form. You don't see Muslim newspapers making cartoons of Jesus in an offending manner, so why does the west feel the need to do that to them.

In fact, I see western television always mocking Christianity, so why not make a cartoon about evil Producers. Just because it is accepted in the west and no one cares about Jesus being made fun of, does not give you the right to blatantly insult other religions too.

That's where the problem lies. Freedom of speech is taken way to far over here. And the hypocricy is amazing. Try yelling 'bomb' at a airport and see if they don't tackle your sorry butt to the ground and taze you. What happens to freedom of speech then.

Then people argue that it's a matter of security. Well, pissing off billions of people across the globe is also a matter of a much bigger security.

The only complaint I have for the Muslim community in general is that it does not do enough to remove those elements of it's own.

Why is the Muslim community responsible for removing these 'elements'. Because they share the same religion?? By your logic, every black cop and LEO should be responsible for removing black criminals from society. Every white man should be responsible for every white criminal out there.

The problem here is, that a rape story will have a headline "22 yr old man brutally raped a 13 yr old girl and strangled her". But if the rapist is muslim then the headline reads "22 yr old Muslim male brutally murdered....".

That's when the religion bashing starts and the burden falls on the Muslims to clear their name and wash their hands off all this????

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by oozyism

Hm. You seem to know a lot about prostitutes. Yes, we have them in the U.S.

I'm confused about your point. What's your point? Could you explain this a little more in depth? I kinda got lost with the "aren't pretty", the virgins in heaven, and the cheap prostitutes.

What are you trying to say? Just curious.

I'm curious to see if Oozyism can clarify too, but the point as I understood it was that there's no way a potential terrorist recruit would find an a promise of 72 virgins the least bit enticing for several reasons: The 72 virgins would be Muslim and therefore not that pretty, and he probably makes $5 a day so spending $200 an hour on a western prostitute who might be pretty would make so much more sense than being enticed by 72 virgins. Make sense? No? well it didn't to me either.

Actually I make more than $5 a day and that $200 an hour doesn't sound so cheap to me.

The other thing I don't understand is how do they even know if there are any virgins left? I mean how is somebody going to feel after killing themselves for 72 virgins, and then gets this greeting?

Granted, the woman involved in this story probably didn't have virgins on her mind, but she apparently had some mental illness.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
The 72 virgins would be Muslim and therefore not that pretty,

Well firstly this should be a violation of T&C

Secondly, what?????

Muslim or not, foreigners are way prettier than fast food north american women.

There are definately some beautiful blondes out there, no doubt.
But... I think you are way off.
I've seen some women, i'm guessing that are muslim, that were just breathtaking.

In any case, man you are out of line man
have some decency

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I think you meant to reply to oozyism, not me. You must have missed the part of my post that says:

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Make sense? No? well it didn't to me either.

Like you, I also find Muslim women beautiful, and was stating it didn't make sense to me that someone would claim they weren't, nor did any of the other claims make any sense.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

My apologies bro
Actually I saw some of your other posts so i found it odd that you said that
again my apologies

of course I also love the curves and accent of spanish women

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by silencer

The real problem is when you look at the situation as US versus 'Terrorists'. The solution lies in figuring out what is compelling people to go to such extreme measures. Maybe the US military bombed a Iraqi village and caused some Iraqi guy to lose his family, home, everything. If he then picks up arms and declares Jihad on the US, who is to blame??? The Iraqi has nothing to lose at this point, you cannot change him, so what is the solution???

Playing chicken and egg will not solve this problem. The actions of the US in the Middle East do not excuse terrorism and the tactics of terrorism predate any involvement by the US in the region.

This statement of yours has no backing whatsoever. Please provide proof that 'majority' of Muslims feel that way. I lived in the middle east for 18 years so I was naturally surrounded by Muslims, and I never met a single Muslim who felt that way about the Quran. In fact, when people attack the Quran or the Prophet, even the moderate Muslims consider it as a direct attack on their personal beliefs.

So your saying a majority of Muslim support terrorism? Every time a terrorism incident takes place we see Muslims on TV telling us not to hate all Muslims because most of them do not support such things. Are you sure you read what I typed correctly?

That's where the problem lies. Freedom of speech is taken way to far over here. And the hypocricy is amazing. Try yelling 'bomb' at a airport and see if they don't tackle your sorry butt to the ground and taze you. What happens to freedom of speech then.

Then people argue that it's a matter of security. Well, pissing off billions of people across the globe is also a matter of a much bigger security.

Freedom is like being able to swing your arms about wildly. You have the right to do so but that right ends when you strike someone else while doing so. With the new hate crimes laws being passed you should be happy, freedom of speech in America will be just a memory soon. The problem with such limitations is that now anyone can claim injury. You might think it benefits you but you will be just as chained by it. After enough people go to prison for saying things that should have been protected, free speech maybe they will realize what a bad idea it is to mess with it. We'll see if the new hate laws stand up to a constitutional challenge, they cannot legislate away the Bill of Rights unless we're willing to allow them to do it.

Muslims in America make plenty of use of that freedom of speech, you can kiss that goodbye now.

Why is the Muslim community responsible for removing these 'elements'. Because they share the same religion?? By your logic, every black cop and LEO should be responsible for removing black criminals from society. Every white man should be responsible for every white criminal out there.

The problem here is, that a rape story will have a headline "22 yr old man brutally raped a 13 yr old girl and strangled her". But if the rapist is muslim then the headline reads "22 yr old Muslim male brutally murdered....".

That's when the religion bashing starts and the burden falls on the Muslims to clear their name and wash their hands off all this????

Whose job is it to remove the terrorists then? If the police know there are bad police among them they have a moral obligation to remove them from the ranks. If Muslims support and protect the terrorists among them then don't be surprised when all Muslims are treated like terrorists. Since deception and infiltration are central cores of the tactics of Muslim terrorists the practice of allowing immigration from Muslim countries should be stopped. Maybe if we start holding Islam responsible for its criminals they will do something to clean up the ranks...

We both know that's not going to happen though. As much as Muslims claim to be non violent and tolerant the core belief of taking over the entire World is still there.

I suspect you may be under 18 based on some of your arguments or that you're just trolling. No true Muslim would present some of the positions you've taken in this dialogue unless that person was very immature.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Playing chicken and egg will not solve this problem. The actions of the US in the Middle East do not excuse terrorism and the tactics of terrorism predate any involvement by the US in the region.

How about if I say that the actions of the US also qualifies as 'Terrorism'.

So your saying a majority of Muslim support terrorism? Every time a terrorism incident takes place we see Muslims on TV telling us not to hate all Muslims because most of them do not support such things. Are you sure you read what I typed correctly?

I read exactly what you wrote and you still haven't provided any proof of your bold claim. And do not put words in my mouth, I gave you a simple example with 2 questions. How about you answer them first.

Freedom is like being able to swing your arms about wildly. You have the right to do so but that right ends when you strike someone else while doing so. With the new hate crimes laws being passed you should be happy, freedom of speech in America will be just a memory soon. The problem with such limitations is that now anyone can claim injury. You might think it benefits you but you will be just as chained by it. After enough people go to prison for saying things that should have been protected, free speech maybe they will realize what a bad idea it is to mess with it. We'll see if the new hate laws stand up to a constitutional challenge, they cannot legislate away the Bill of Rights unless we're willing to allow them to do it.

Muslims in America make plenty of use of that freedom of speech, you can kiss that goodbye now.

You keep forgetting that Freedom of speech is an American concept (And some other countries). It does not apply to all countries. And you completely missed my point. If I stand outside your house everyday and yell that your wife is a whore, you are either gonna beat the crap out of me or call the police and have me arrested. When you draw insulting cartoons of someone who is idolized by millions of people, expect a backlash. Don't create a problem if you can't deal with it. It also equates to you going near a lion's cage, poking it with a stick, then when it bites your hand off, you cry about it.

Whose job is it to remove the terrorists then? If the police know there are bad police among them they have a moral obligation to remove them from the ranks. If Muslims support and protect the terrorists among them then don't be surprised when all Muslims are treated like terrorists.

Why should I not be surprised. I think it's ridiculous. 'Terrorists' support 'terrorists', not Muslims. How dare you accuse me of something you have no knowledge of.

Since deception and infiltration are central cores of the tactics of Muslim terrorists the practice of allowing immigration from Muslim countries should be stopped.

That statement is so ridiculous it doesn't even warrant a reply and clearly shows your hatred towards Muslims in general. Also, I would like to add that your own government follows deception and infiltration techniques.

Maybe if we start holding Islam responsible for its criminals they will do something to clean up the ranks...
We both know that's not going to happen though. As much as Muslims claim to be non violent and tolerant the core belief of taking over the entire World is still there.
I suspect you may be under 18 based on some of your arguments or that you're just trolling. No true Muslim would present some of the positions you've taken in this dialogue unless that person was very immature.

And again you show that you make statements without any backing or proof. You do not know anything about me. You keep refusing to give some constructive replies to my arguments and keep trying to attack me personally.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I think the problem with terrorists is they can freely engage in such acts without having to be victims of them. The moral codes of the nations they target prevents those nations from teaching them a lesson in limitations.

Moral code?, that's a laugh.. wanna bet any moral code you abide by would be quickly erased by anger and hate if you watched your loved ones die at the hands of a violent occupier who came 1/2 across the planet to start poop in your country.

A nation with an intact superior moral code wouldn't eagerly participate in a supreme international "evil" crime that has caused thousands upon thousands of innocent deaths, and resulted in the unapologetic suffering of MILLIONS of souls.

And I don't think higher moral ground has room for torture, kidnapping, murder, and summarily slaughtering people a govt has, without due process, found guilty of "terrorism".

“To initiate a war of aggression, therefore, is not only an international crime; it is the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole.” - Robert H. Jackson, Supreme Court Justice / lead US prosecutor Nuremberg Tribunals.

Terrorism is a crime, yes?.. yet our govt finds people guilty of this crime, and sentences them to a cowardly drone death.. all without due process or the right to challenge accusers. Oops, a few more good ole american virtues flushed down the moral code toilet.

People who blow themselves up, and all that boogie man terrorist stuff, are just desperate, angry, frustrated and humiliated.. they have nothing left to lose.. they're availing themselves of available tools in order to bring deadly ruckus upon the enemy... because they dont have drones, jets, MOABs and all the death goodies a monopoly money printing empire can afford.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Humanity is still in the infant stage..playground bullies trying to rule the roost..it is time to grow up..stand back look at the big picture..
we are all one family cooped up in a small world and we are fighting..as children do...what if we where in danger from outside our little world..we would then recognise each other as family..so why not start now..think about it.

ps..don't tell me what to do just because you are my family..and i wont tell you.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
well first off radicals are radicals. people need to learn to seperate radicals from the rest of the people. all those people blowing themselfs up thinking they are gna be given a free pass into paradise are stupid and will get nothing but the hellfire. people twist the qu'ran words to fit their needs. its common in all relgion to have some radicals twist the words to further their evil hateful agenda. those radicals claim to be muslim but they are not. they are a cancer on islam that makes islam seem like a murdering violent religion.

it sickens me to no end. i read some of theses comments and see how people tie in all muslims and bash islam for the twisted ideals of these nut job radicals who claim to be muslim but clearly are not.

have u heard the revolution muslims. those nut jobs are not muslims they are fools who preach hate and use the relgion to trick misguided muslims to suicide bombing a bunch of innocent people.

I am in a heated debate with those radicals on youtube as we speak. so please dont put all muslims in the same bucket with the radicals who are the true enemy of islam.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jmacbeth

What do you think prevents moderate muslims from stepping up to the plate, forming some type of alliance, and letting the criminal muslims know their tactics will not be tolerated by the larger muslim community?

Perhaps completely ostracize them from the community, Mosques, family, etc.

An alliance to show force against them would go a long way in improving relations, I think.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join