It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overdosing on Vitamin D, Have I been taking to much? Help!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I have to watch how much vitamin D i get because i have Sarcoidosis.
This includes wearing long sleeve shirts to cut sun exposure.
www.sarcinfo.com...
clinmed.netprints.org...
www.researchgate.net...

So if anyone starts having health problems when taking vitamin D like breathing disorders or neuro disorders beware because many people have sarcoidosis for years before its found on a routine chest X-RAY.
If you are one of these with silent Sarcoidosis and start taking large amounts of Vitamin D the Sarcoidosis may become very dangerous

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
you guys do realize that your skin easily creates 10,000IU of vitamin d from a half hour of sunlight. relax. they give people 500,000IU tablets for deficiency.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
And you do realise that some people are up north, and in November, you can’t get vitamin D from the sun. Why do you think people get sicker in winter? Average vitamin D intake is 400-600IU from a healthy diet. Recommended 1000IU. But now I heard that over 2000IU daily for long term usage, can cause a build up of calcium. So this is where I am wondering if too much Vitamin D can be bad for you. Also Vitamin D2 goes through the body faster than D3, so that’s why a supplement is healthy for you even if you do get some sun. Most of the time in summer if you’re healthy then you won’t need vitamin D. In the winter that’s a different story. Especially with swine flu now, and this mysterious H1N1 mutation from Ukraine.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I am kind of amazed at most of the un intelligent responses in this thread. Am I on ATS? Let me check. Yea, I am on this site! What gives with all the hip shots?

This is a easy question with a easy response.

Note; I am not addressing any disorders associated with (ex. Sarchosis)(miss spell?), this is not on topic!

You can easily do Vit. D3, 2000 I U daily and plenty more without side effects.

Fat Albert;

Search on;

Dr. Ronald Hoffman's site. He does a show from NYC and is very good. No frills, glitz glamor. Great guy, great info. Excellent supplement expert.

Dr. Julian Whittaker; Whittiker Wellness Program ; Another very good source and natural remedy expert source.

Dr. Sinatra, the book; "The Sinatra Solution"

There was a guy on Coast to Coast AM a few weeks ago that has been researching Vitamin D for 30 years and has a new book out! Search this. It is very informative.

If you have any or many specific medical conditions, Please consult your Doctor!

enough said.

I am not going to do all the work for you.

That is why I don't have the letter " F " in my name!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I take 4,000 a day with no problems. It has taken the edge off my fibromyalgia.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

AAAACK!!!!
I wouldn't take a multi to up my dosage of D. That could cause you to get waaaaay more than you need of other stuff, notably VITAMIN A!!!!!!

D3 is available separately, and is rather inexpensive.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
what DTOM said - you can get liquid vit D at a good price --

and to the person saying go outside in the sun - some of us have severe sun allergies and can't do that. Even sitting in the shade with just reflected sun is a problem for me -

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by justme1640

Not to mention, the love affair we have with sunscreens pretty much negates whatever benefits are to be derived from the sunlight.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join