It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The DaVinci Code : There's more ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
'Da Vinci' author: I left out even more

Decided against including theory Jesus survived crucifixion

CONCORD, New Hampshire (AP) -- Though "The Da Vinci Code" was contentious enough to produce 10 books attempting to discredit it, its author said he left out what likely would have been the most controversial part.

Dan Brown said that when he wrote the best seller that dissects the origins of Jesus Christ and disputes long-held beliefs about Catholicism, he considered including material alleging that Jesus Christ survived the crucifixion.

While speaking at a benefit Tuesday for a New Hampshire writers' group, Brown said the theory is backed by a number of "very credible sources," but that he ultimately decided it was too flimsy.

www.cnn.com... dex.html

Since the book was published in March 2003, liberal and conservative writers have cited numerous errors. A key assertion in "The Da Vinci Code" -- that Jesus married Mary Magdalene and that sinister Christians suppressed information about it -- comes from a 1982 book titled "Holy Blood, Holy Grail," which a New York Times reviewer called "rank nonsense."

Brown said he is grateful his book is generating so much debate. He said apathy is a constant threat to the study of the uncomfortable relationship between science and religion.

The book casts unflattering light on the Catholic Church, accusing church leaders of demonizing women for centuries and of covering up the truth about the Holy Grail, which Brown says is Mary Magdalene herself.

"The Da Vinci Code" has sold 7.5 million copies worldwide and is expected to be made into a movie.

How's that for a conspiracy theory, Jesus survived the crucifixion,

I don't think so, that goes against everything else that we've learned in the bible against Jesus, doesn't it ?

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm really looking foward to read that book, I've only heard good stuff from it.

A bit off-topic, but somehow still related: I've recently read new (new to me at least) contradictions in the whole bible story. Some people think Jesus when he was approx. 50 years old, that that he shouldn't have been crucified the way he was.

Supposedly, political rebels were crucified head down, while traitor and criminals were crucified head up. He should have been crucified with his head down. (some say). Also, some people think the Knight Templar order was destroyed, not because thier services weren't needed anymore, but because they had discovered secret knowledge about the Catholic church, knowledge that the Church didn't wanted to go public.

Don't know much about it, have only read the back of a book, but my sister's reading it right now, I might borrow it to her when she's done. (to see if it makes sense, or if their speculations are only based on some guy's imagination)

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The theory that Christ survived the crucifixion has been around for quite a while.

BBC�s Richard Denton believes Jesus survived the Cross and escaped to Kashmir
Did Jesus Die ?
Jesus Slept

join