It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal Messaging? Balogna! Superliminal messaging? Whoa...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Is it possible that there are indeed such things as superliminal messages?

Take a look at this ad for Koodo...

www.youtube.com...

Right? I didn't get it (still don't for the most part) but 'out of the blue' it says "Note Relax It"

On top of that "Textelation" doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either? I know subliminal messages can be debunked to an extent - as for my personal opinion I believe that they certainly DO work and they certainly do affect us... but I hadn't until recently (until, actually, I saw these Koodo commercials that they've been playing for a while now...) thought about 'subliminal' messages hiding in plain sight for all to see. I want to understand these latest market trends, because I think it's grotesque that these advertising executives would toy with the minds of the masses in such perverted ways. It really sickens me that they would be telling the consumer "to relax" when buying into these potential scams (and don't try and argue that half these commercials aren't just scams cause they are!)

so tell me... what do you think? Is it possible that there is a new wave of advertising that promotes the superliminal over the subliminal?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
the thing that is gross, and nothing new, is the idea of controlling our thoughts and impulses without us knowing...

damn nazis.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Interesting...Superliminal isn't on Dictionary.com.

But Supraliminal is...

su⋅pra⋅lim⋅i⋅nal  /ˌsuprəˈlɪmənl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [soo-pruh-lim-uh-nl]

–adjective Psychology. being above the threshold of perception of a stimulus.

Link

Textelation isn't either...but judging on the Google Search, it seems to be one of those industry terms that make an attempt to catch on every now and again...which makes sense because it is an ad for a texting package.

Embedding the youtube for ease of reference:

After seeing the video, I think that the supraliminal aspect maybe just a reference to the fact that they are using anagrams. There is a well known phenomena that dyslexia is kind of based on where it doesn't matter how the letters are spelled because the mind can rearrange the lettering and read it as if it were spelled correctly...

Here is an [unsigned] article which is making the e-mail circuit. It tries to prove that all of us read with a whole word approach.

"Can you raed tihs?

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid; aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

If you can raed tihs forwrad it."

Artiles: Is Spelling Important?

So perhaps the anagram usage at the beginning of the advert, leading up to the word textelation, is an attempt to confuse the mind...which leads to a more conscious interest in the advertisement...which subsequently reinforces the punchline that becomes the letters spelled as "Textelation".

As well, the music in the ad tends to engross the mind as well as the fast forwarding of people (there is also a train of thought that creates interest when people see people intermingling within a group and at faster than normal frame rate there is going to be an attempt by the mind to make sense of the seeming randomness of the interminglings...which makes me want to progress the advertisement at a very slow framerate to see if there is any pattern as to the letters that are shown at "random" between each 'anagram'.

Interesting stuff. And yeah...the Advertising Industry has a ton of information regarding mental influence than we do. But I think in this sense, and I could be wrong, is that Supraliminal is actually an increased amount of conscious stimulii that can't be assimilated all at once, whereas subliminal is below conscious perception.

A few threads I have participated in on the subject of subliminal messages and the Advertising Industry...

Subliminal Research Project

Proof That The Advertising Industry Is A Form Of Mind Control

Hope this helps and keep in mind I am just analyzing as I do. I am by no means an authority on the topic...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Wow! Thanks for the tremendous insight. I was wondering why I couldn't find superliminal on google... so it's SUPRAliminal, huh? A star for your efforts... thank you very much (also thanks for embedding)

if you find any more information regarding the subject, please do let us know...create a seperate topic if you have to just keep us updated!!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thanks for the example of the email with the letters of the words transposed. I tried to see how fast I could read it and I was amazed to find that I was reading at normal speed! However, I'm a little puzzled, does this indicate that learning words phonetically is a waste of time? If "W-AST-E" can be evaluated by the mind when presented as "WSTAE"? Or are we saying that there is pattern-matching and a context-evaluation exercise going on in the mind when reading?

e.g.,

"the fnilee sat on the mat" - pattern match 6 letter words which start with "f" and end with "e", plus, in this context, what traditionally is said to "sit on the mat"?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Very interesting thread and ideas.
I've never thought about it this way before.

Maybe people are so softened up by various influences -- chemical, intellectual, emotional, maybe even electromagnetic -- that they are wandering around in a semi-hypnotic trance already and there is no need to hide the messages as subtly as before. Sometimes it certainly seems like most of the people you meet are in some kind of hypnogogic state...some people seem so spaced-out its a wonder they can even tye their shoes let alone function in the day-to-day world.
edit on 2/6/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join