It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton, George W. Bush to Debate in NYC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
i think you are missing the point of debate.

good debaters look to finding this common ground.

If that's really the true purpose of debate then I admit to missing the point. By the way debate is promoted through the media and with the response debates gather from the respective sides one would never know that is the true intention.

I dont think I've ever seen common ground legislation come out of Washington. It's always muscled in one direction or the other.

Nope, I take that back. The common ground in Washington is 'authoritarian.' They all agree whatever is being passed must be authoritarian in nature.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

agreed on all points there.

it's a shame that debate has been bastardized to this now.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
haha you two are debating on what a debate is!

hi lari ous

i dub thee master debater and cunning lynguist!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

ha..i noticed the irony there...but im a junkie for debating...i take any chance i get.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
More brainwashing, more illusions. The whole thing is to fool the people (yet again) into believing there are any significant differences between those 2 maximum cheerleaders/pitchmen of a corrupt (by definition), secrecy-BASED system. Oh sure, they may even argue passionately against each other about whatever, but it's all superficial fluff... bubble gum and Twinkies. Next nonsense...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
why do people have a problem with this?

it's a debate...maybe unfair to bush because of clinton's skill...but anyone debating clinton is going to have a hard time.

also, it is not at MSG, it's at Radio City..the MSG entertainment group is the production company or whatever.

I don't see anythign wrong with it. if i lived there id shell out the 60 to see it. But I love sharing ideas.

if you dont wish to see it just dont go.

we know its a dog and pony show, but these guys gotta make money...right? so they are using what they are "skilled" in to make money...nothing wrong there. nothing at all.

They have a problem with it because bush is in it...If it was 2 liberal then they wouldn't have a problem with it.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'd pay $60 to watch George Bush get humiliated by one of my favorite politicians. I wonder if the rotten tomatoes are complimentary or cost extra.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
I'd pay $60 to watch George Bush get humiliated by one of my favorite politicians. I wonder if the rotten tomatoes are complimentary or cost extra.

I never knew ats was infested with so many boot lickers

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

I never knew ats was infested with so many boot lickers

Ah yes, I'm wrong to remember a time of peace and economic prosperity fondly. Then again I tend to concentrate more on things like than rather than what kind of pussy the President is getting. Oh well, keep waving your American flag and saluting the New America.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

i'm choosing to believe that we are not being that petty.

and i find it unfair to pigeon hold everyone into one category.

saying things like this hurts, it does not help.

lets be level headed, lets discuss.

so many people have a problem with ATS being so ignorant as of late....lets stop comments like those.

Set aside emotions and focus on facts. Emotions come into play i know, and they feed what we are passionate about, but blanket statements are not fair. and they hurt more than help.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Guys, check the article again. It's been called off.

UPDATE: The New York Post is reporting (and CNN confirms) that the event has been called off because "the promoter overhyped it as a death-match faceoff between the men," as the Post puts it.

"This event...was supposed to be a discussion between the two former presidents, and has been cancelled because it was not being billed as such by an overeager promoter," Clinton spokesman Matt McKenna told the Post.

Personally, I think Bill would have mopped the floor with W.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind
They have a problem with it because bush is in it...If it was 2 liberal then they wouldn't have a problem with it.

i really hope you dont only believe that.

bush screwed us up pretty bad, and is known to be a terrible speaker, but that doesnt mean that just because he is in it that its the only reason why we (or i rather for i cant speak for others) dont want this.

the real reason, which has been stated over and over if you read it, is that what good will this do.

this will come in and show that there are only 2 ways to look at what our possible options are.

clinton will show the dem side, while bush will show the rep side, or rather, what they say the dems and reps should believe.

there will be no real debate, the questions will be known before hand and the answers as well. all scripted.

what good will this do for the people, other than to guide them into 2 ways of thinking? instead of thinking for themselves, they are told what to think.

if you are blue then you must believe this, and red ditto.

sarcasm/ yeah if only it could possibly be just 2 liberals... OH PLEASE LET THEM ONLY BE LIBS /sarcasm

good lord, when will people realize that bush sucked terribly, and the others arent any better

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
No matter what side of the argument Bush is on, he's going to get his rear end handed to him. Bush + Debate =

EDIT: I would rather see Dick Cheney debate Clinton.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Aggie Man]

<< 1   >>

join