It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REAL Americans Will Vote For A US Style NHS.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If you dont like the idea of poor people suffering. if you hate the notion that only people with money should get proper medical attention. and IF youre a true American and patriot,then a USA style NHS national health system [borrowed from the UK idea] will be see you put an X in the ballot box.

For too long poor Americans have had to rely on free clinics,go into dept to afford hospital attention or simply do without medical help. [surely danergous and a sad state of affairs for the 21st century]. its is nothing short of a scandal that people in the USA dont have a free/national health system.

real Americans [those with a conscience for the poor] will not only invite higher taxes to pay for the USA NHS,but they will embrace it.

suffering is bad. poor people suffering because the middle classes and rich won't miss the odd burger here and there to pay the tax to pay for it,is very bad. real Americans know this.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm willing to bet that those who do not agree with a public health option do not want to see people suffer. At a personal level, I agree with you. But the issue should be considered ideologically (as you have) and economically. In short, I believe we should be forcibly suscribed to a government service only with a great deal of thought and debate.

Secondly, comparing the NHS that operates in a country of 52 million people, with a nation such as the U.S is wishful thinking. I am of the opinion that an "as is" solution would lead to generalized bankruptcy.

Thirdly, I've always believed that being a "Real American" involves having the liberty and choice in determining their own future, without catering to patriotic peer pressure.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

Guess I am not a real American, Dont raise my taxes to pay for someone else. Thats not the Federal Goverments responseabilty, you want free health care move to Canada, the EU, or G.B, Here in the US you are suppose to work for everything and expect nothing. I gaurentee you if the bill currently in the House was put to a vote by the American People it would be voted down. Why do you think that dems who have a Huge Majority cant seem to push it through?

[edit on 4-11-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well since I am no real American stated by your extremely superficial definition, I want all the benefits the illegal non-americans get as well.

Because you are a true American you can roll over and take it up the rear in taxes to pay for it, and you won't even care. You are a true American after all. Being an American has nothing to do with Freedom and working hard to achieve things in life. To be a true American you have to subscribe to the ideology that we must all live in a welfare state sucking the tit of the Government. Piss off.

I am sick and tired of the holier than thou people on this site, that feel they can make broad based assumptions about people. I am sick and tired of the forced rhetoric and blatantly racially charged rebuttals of those who support the current administration. More often than not when policies are questioned, a person is slated as being a racist. I am sick of it, if I had to chance a guess I bet a majority of TRUE AMERICANS feel the same way.

I work for a living, I provide a life for my family. At one point I had to work 3 jobs in order to do it. Even if the jobs I worked were "beneath me" I did what I had to do because I ACCEPTED the RESPONSIBILITY of my family. Unlike many others in this country who feel it is absolutely wonderful to sit on their asses while they collect a check or other services off the backs of TRUE AMERICANS. If someone wants to "buy that burger" I say let them have it, they freaking worked for it. THEY EARNED IT!

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Doom and Gloom]

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Doom and Gloom]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Do not allow the charge of $400 for a small tube of crazy glue(liquid bandage) used in ER to seal cuts.
Do not allow the charge of $200 for Ibuprophen and Tylenol.(per pill)
Do not allow the charge of $125 to just be seen, (not treated just seen)
Do not allow Hundreds of Millions to be spent on worthless advertising for drugs that can only be acquired by prescription.
Do not allow Big Pharma to pay for and distribute political pamphlets for local and state representatives promoting an issue.
Do not allow Big Pharma to lobby and buy your representatives.
Do not allow millions of dollars to be wasted on dinners, gifts, trips, cars, vacations, buildings.

I agree everyone should have medical care.
But there are cost cutting and savings ideas that were never addressed that can bring things into line BEFORE you begin to apply GUILT and before you REACH into my wallet.

I see this as a slippery slope and just a door opening to then allow more excuses for financial abuses.
The categories for "demands" will increase and tax tax tax till there's no more to tax.

I assume youre reaching into your wallet with a deep firm grip?
If you dont mind sharing? How do you generate income for yourself and your family? Do you work? or do you collect from the state already?

Do you have good health care now?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You mean to tell me that all of my family who have served and are presently serving are not real Americans?

It's simple...

Why would REAL Americans vote for something that is based on a foreign non-American type of system?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm not sure we're actually voting on this. If I had a vote, I'd be trying to do something a little more useful and less bureaucratic.

As an accused leftist liberal(heh), allow me to state I in no way support the baucus/pelosi health care plan.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
i guess this goes down in the list of

"only real americans support the war"

when bush was in office.

nice try... NEXT!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

The problem is, when you propose putting caps on what people can charge for things like that, then the people who oppose government run healthcare all start screaming "YOU CAN'T TELL ME HOW MUCH I CAN MAKE/CHARGE/GOUGE AT MY OWN PRIVATE BUSINESS!"

I think that the core problem is the providers of healthcare inflating costs to keep their pocketbooks lined. According to the breakdown on spending I saw, 7% of all spending on healthcare is for administration, 93% the care itself.

So... how do you fix that without telling people what kind of profit margins they can make?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'eviant

Youre not addressing my point, there are un taken avenues not yet explored, and the first response to repair is "lets socialize the nation" rather than restore the nation to its profitabilty?
Increase the poor? they have with policy.
Increase the sick? they have with policy.
Increase the profits? they have with policy
Increase the costs? they have with policy
Increase the waste? they have with policy.
This scam isnt just for america, this is global.

And just for clarity, I pay for my health care monthly, and there were times I didnt have it, and couldnt afford it, and no doubt the way these policy makers keep killing our country I will not be employed again soon enough and will not have health care.
PROVIDE JOBS, people will or will not on their own accord purchase their health care.
Whats next? Homes? Apartments, Transportation?
Here's a good poke but its my personal poke.
MAYBE if there were enough births to allow for the loss of population against what is required to keep this false economy propped up to promote a continued growth cycle and goods and services were manufactured a sold HERE, the situation wouldnt be so critical.
This is a symptom not the disease, and through policy it will continue to worsen either way...BY DESIGN.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I totally agree with you. To think that there is only one way to fix this health care issue, is not right.

no one has even talked about ron pauls health care plan that he has no cosponsors on.

www.ronpaul.com...

this to me takes away the money that we will be paying from the government.

OH NO! take money AWAY from the government? when was the last time that happened?

basically all that you pay for healthcare on will be tax deductible. that is right. government cannot tax you on the $20k you spent on something if that is the case.

this is A START. but is only 14 pages long. and has another bill that helps with legal actions with health providers or something liek that. I am not quite sure exactly.

To say we are unAmerican is ABSURD.

I can go back and say, "well those of you who agree with government growing are UNAMERICAN since our founding documents were for LIMITED government."

NOT for government to care for us from cradle to grave. We have a right to live. How we do it is up to US only. NOT THEM. (them being the Government.)

[edit on 4-11-2009 by akpatriot]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
My mom's side of the family is rich.

My dad's side is poor.

I can tell you why with one word.

EFFORT

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Say it ain't so!! You mean to tell me that by in large the "poor" non-middle class are poor because they lack the initiative to remove themselves from the government tit?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

REAL Americans Will Vote For A US Style NHS.

'REAL' Americans?

Is this anything like 'Real Americans' will cook ribs on Saturday and pay to graze at Golden Corral on Sunday?

Holy mother of pain in the... real butt.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
in other words,judging form all of your replies,your too selfish to help poor people when the are ill and need it most. shame on you all.

like i said,forego a few burgers and blue ray dvds and help out your fellow Americans...IF...you are a real American and are interested in 'life.liberty for all..'

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Why would REAL Americans vote for something that is based on a foreign non-American type of system?

What's non American about health care for everyone despite their income?

My money!
My guns!
My freedom!

*cry*

One day people who think this way will evolve, until then if you get cancer and are too poor for insurance and too rich for welfare it's probably your own damn fault anyway.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

What you fail to realize is there there are trillions of dollars (tax payer dollars) being spent on the perpetually poor. How much more must we the American people sacrifice ourselves to prop these people up? I do understand your agenda and the agenda of your ilk. You want all American poor and dependent on the government for everything.

As it stands right now, I have approx. $35 dollars left each week after bills are paid, taxes are paid, food and fuel are purchased. So you want me to go ahead and give my $35 to someone who more than likely is able to work but refuses to do so because social programs will give them all that they need. Now they need more?

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Doom and Gloom]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ewokdisco
If you dont like the idea of poor people suffering. if you hate the notion that only people with money should get proper medical attention. and IF youre a true American and patriot,then a USA style NHS national health system [borrowed from the UK idea] will be see you put an X in the ballot box.

I'm hoping you are an honest fellow, rather than a troll, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt. I'd like to think that serving my country in the Marine Corps cements my "real american" status, yet I disagree with an NHS style system.

That being said, there is no connection with policy opinion and the "realness" of one's nationality.

For too long poor Americans have had to rely on free clinics,go into dept to afford hospital attention or simply do without medical help. [surely danergous and a sad state of affairs for the 21st century]. its is nothing short of a scandal that people in the USA dont have a free/national health system.

Nothing is free, ever. Someone always pays, and the choice is how to do it, not if it should be done.

real Americans [those with a conscience for the poor] will not only invite higher taxes to pay for the USA NHS,but they will embrace it.

I'm unclear, because this flies in the face of the large majority of American history, culture, and political foundations.

Can you explain why it's not?

suffering is bad. poor people suffering because the middle classes and rich won't miss the odd burger here and there to pay the tax to pay for it,is very bad. real Americans know this.

I fail to see any of the following in your argument:

1) What the connection is with the price of the "odd burger" and health care.

2) What is the Constitutional authorization for the Federal Government to set up such a program?

3) Is there no other way to provide a better health care model, economic model, or social structure than Central Government planning?

[edit on 5-11-2009 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ewokdisco
in other words,judging form all of your replies,your too selfish to help poor people when the are ill and need it most. shame on you all.

like i said,forego a few burgers and blue ray dvds and help out your fellow Americans...IF...you are a real American and are interested in 'life.liberty for all..'

You are under the impression that because people think the government shouldn't do it with taxes that it shouldn't be done at all.

Do you have any evidence that health care is more of a human need than food, water, clothing, shelter, or climate control?

We do not provide those to all Americans, so why should health care be first? Is the American people uncharitable? I think you'll find we are, even with a high debt stagnant wage environment for 30+ years now.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
What's non American about health care for everyone despite their income?

Two questions:

1) What historical, cultural, or legal framework is there to say otherwise?

2) What is the Constitutional authority to provide national health care?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join