It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret copyright treaty leaks. It's bad. Very bad.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

As I sit here using the internet to fill my mind and extra time at work, I have to say that no more internet sounds good to me. Throw in the cell phones and I will be jumping for joy! This world does not have to have either, it was not so long ago that, believe it or not, there WAS NO INTERNET! And life ran along just fine. Same with the cells. Just think of all the jobs that it would re-create if folks had to go back to couriers, and paper products! We can recycle, it does not mean all the trees need to be chopped down! And no more unseen waves would be passing through our bodies 24-7, oh, a girl can dream!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
The ISP's have to proactively police their own customers, and if they find

Excellent news. ISPs will be extremely reluctant to punish 95% of their customers, lest they go out of business.

Start worrying in a few years when they realize the ISPs failed to take action and will take more drastic measures.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

* That ISPs have to proactively police copyright on user-contributed material. This means that it will be impossible to run a service like Flickr or YouTube or Blogger, since hiring enough lawyers to ensure that the mountain of material uploaded every second isn’t infringing will exceed any hope of profitability.

Do they not even know the difference between an ISP and a web site?

Flickr, YouTube and Blogger are not ISPs... The article's comment above is therefore nonsensical...

Pretty much all court rulings have set the precedent that a community website is NOT responsible for the posts of its end users. They're responsible for their own content.

If ISPs are to be responsible for "active" policing, then certainly ISPs will have a tough time of it. But Flickr, YouTube and such are NOT ISPs.

That said, copyright law seems to get progressively worse and worse over the years and remove more of our rights to view and use materials we've purchased AS WE SEE FIT. Fair use has gone down the drain.

Once I've purchased a CD or a DVD, I should be able to copy it or use it however the bloody hell I want for my own personal private use. Obviously that does not confer on me the right to make it available for others who have not paid their dues to be able to view it. But, I should bloody well be able to copy it to my computer, or an iPod, or make a backup copy so the primary doesn't get scratched / fingerprinted, etc. That such is apparently "not allowed" is a bit ridiculous. Ya' buy a toaster, the toaster company doesn't get to come into your home and tell you how to use your toaster. You can disassemble it, reassemble it, turn it into modern art. But God forbid you buy a CD or DVD and use it other than the way it's intended by the fascist MPAA / RIAA to be used. Ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I dunno, maybe people will have to start using their gray matter, and coming up with original thoughts and ideas of their own. The days of the over exaggerated and fudged resume's are over...so should be copyright piracy.

It pisses me off, when someone takes credit for something they didn't actually create themselves. Call it what it is: They are LIARS! CHEATERS! THIEVES!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Oh great. Let's see what good old Obama has in store for us now.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join