It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret copyright treaty leaks. It's bad. Very bad.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
If you really want to keep the Internet (or some modest form of it) going in the light of some kind of limitation, there are ways. One way is to connect each consumer's PC to a proxy somewhere via an encrypted connection. The ISP will not be able to determine what's in the data stream so they can't police it. Also, as I believe I mentioned once, in a worst-case scenario wireless long-distance TCP-IP networks can be set up via amateur radio. Users will find a way.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Pirates like me will always find a way regardless of what they put in place, I regurarly download between 30 to 40 gig per week and have never had any problems due to proxy servers, peerguardian and other tools of the black arts. I really believe Obama is the antichrist

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by projectvxn
If they pass this garbage there will be a revolt, there HAD BETTER BE A REVOLT! This is just absolutely fascist garbage.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by projectvxn]

Enforcing the law is fascist?

Wow...

Anarchy must be Utopia then eh?

Enforcing laws made by draconian nazi elite negative bloodlines, and I am being polite for there are no words to describe these evil creatures, and I have spent a lifetime unable to sleep with visions of children being macheted in Rwanda, (those machetes came in from China and it was a deal made) and all the starving children, bombed children, a teenager in the hospital with their swine flue or aids or any weaponzied disease or cancer, crying I don't wnat to die, homeless, and enslaved people, IS A CRIME.

And an ideal system wouldnt have so many laws. I don't endorse our legal system and will never endorse it. I consider it a crime to endorse any aspect of it, because saying yes to any of this, or even saying nothing, (for it is the same thing as a yes) makes you one of them. They couldn't have enslaved us and killed and tormented so many without the silent ones.

And the internet is crucial for those who are networking to raise consciousness to have this world FREE.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Unity_99]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Copyright cannot and doesn't exist, neither do patents. You need someone or a military organization to enforce your rights, and your right to those rights. Some big guys preferrebly, something like an armed global rights force. Let's face the facts, nobody signed any copyright or patent agreement upon birth.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

once again, for the reading impaired, the proposal for this is that it is to be WORLDWIDE with the same rules applying to everyone.

Wwho do these people think they are?
I can see this, if it were to ever be implemented, being as successful
as the Swine Flu Vaccination program..... A mega flop!

What they want and what happens in reality, are two different things.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The Internet was a shining beacon of freedom and democracy.
They couldn't control it so they decided to legislate it to death.

Doesn't it seem like this will be used willy nilly to stifle politcal dissidents first and foremost?

If they gave ONE DAMN about counterfeit goods, they'd have agents at every flea market across the country arresting people for selling hideous fake LVs and Chanel purses. Anyone can look at a Kate Spade NY label and see if the W is centered or not - EASY arrest. That said, week after week I see them, and if I drive in any big city they are set up on the sides of the roads.

They don't care about counterfeit goods, I'll tell ya that. THIS is political. THIS is about control and domination. Of the PEOPLE.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Society will support a new alternative internet.

Its more than ample time for those with the intellect and those with capital assets to create a new internet system separate and yet different enough to get off the ground.

This new system must materialize while we still have the means to promote such knowledge of an alternative internet to the masses.

Once off the ground, this new system could use as its selling point the fact that this system is free of government control. At least the type of control that wants to monitor your position or whether you support the current leaders agenda. An internet where privacy is respected and its users treated with respect.

Once the current internet is turned on or off because of political issues it is time to go somewhere else.

What the intellects and the capital investors should agree upon is that millions of potential customers await their collaboration for the greater good of the people and for the people.

This is a business venture waiting to collect millions in profits all the while doing the bidding of the masses. It would be a mutal relationship and it will work for everyone involved.

To wait any longer for evidence that we are headed down the wrong road will only render us a victim to that evidence.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

What you describe is not what these regulations are about. If someone is profiting from your work, then it is proper that they be brought to book. There are already adequate laws in place in most EU countries that specifically deal with piracy and those who profit from it.

These regulations have nothing to do with stopping piracy. If you paint a nice picture and I send a (digital) copy of that to a friend, I have committed copyright infringement. You should not feel obliged to profit from that exchange, and if you do then you are a sad person who is part of the problem. If you agree that there would be nothing wrong in a simple exchange of information where there is not cash motive, then you should be standing up with those who feel this is a blatant stranglehold on the movement of information.

The difference between the copyright cheerleaders and the "thieves" in this case are that the cheerleaders are profit driven, the "thieves" are not. This is why the "thief" label simply does not fit, money is irrelevant. It is not piracy. If you use money as excuse for censorship, you need your head looking at.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
...and people still think were way too slow....

..oops sorry...... :-)

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
if this happens then the people will not take it, everyone will know a nwo is on way, and protest like never before. i hope.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I work for an ISP and I can tell you with 100% certainty that this will not happen. It would take to much money hardware and overhead to filter all the traffic for this stuff. Most of the ISP's don't even logg who the dynamic ip's are passed out to. We just don't have the time. All these internet scare tactics just need to stop. If the government could do anything about what was going on over the net they would have a long long time ago.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
A form of media that cannot be controlled is dangerous to those in power.

Having said that, don't be duped. You are controlled now! lol
Your internet access is controlled, your content is controlled.

the internet is msm.

when you google, what is returned to you? convenient pages in YOUR language with paid advertisers first!

the internet has never been not controlled. It has always been controlled and monitored and if it does get out of hand, it can be shut off or kept on depending on the agenda of the controllers.

Look at iran. They tried to control their internet, but then the us mil just parked sats overhead and kept the relays going. did you know that in NA we use mostly evx net technology while in a good chunk if not all of the middle east and most fo europe is gsm tech?

if you don't know what those two types of net tech are, then just keep surfing, pay no never mind and remember not to incriminate yourself.

do you never wonder why it is that a persons internet usage and phone records are used in court?

Your information is not and never has been private and every time you sign up for some other forum or site or service, you give up a little more of it to someone you have no idea what they are going to do with that info.

even this place! lol. this place is here to sell advertising. It appeals to it's demograph and provides us with a sandbox to troll about in with our toys and our little musings, but mostly, they want us to click through to that work at home pop up they shove into you every time you visit.

it's no different anywhere else. enjoy the ride while it seems free.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I agree with Unity, not Byrd. The reason is that the "laws" are upheld and modified presently not in the interest of the authors of music, texts etc. Moreover, it is not just that living in the North or West you could afford to pay for copyrights, while the majority of this globe could not. Wages and exchange rates are not determined by the majority, and not even by the majority of "developed" countries. The reason I put "developed" in brackets is because I am generally skeptical of the ethical claims made on behalf of globalist capitalism. It seems only those countries could afford to start it who had either colonized others or took their lands and/or natural resources - and now they are trying to pose as ethical people: pay your copyrights fairly while the system our ancestors introduced will keep you as a slave...
This is not to say there are no nice or developed things - such as ATS itself - in those countries. One of the best things about the top echelon of the world is its self-scrutiny. That is certainly missing, the more so the lower you go on the economic scale...

The citizens of "developed" countries are leading Internet piracy stats too - partly because you need to purchase advanced technology and subscribe for fast net access to start out with.

The odd thing is that copyright music and book purchases are the highest among that group as well. Which goes to show that authors will get something anyway.

I would be for a free internet even with its risks.

The elite would want to achieve control by technology and magic, but as Insider 2005 pointed out, you (non-elites) have far more power than you imagine... Just connect to the Source directly.

They are not here to win but to test you.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
...and that, ladies and gentlemen, is when you know the government is corrupt. if this articcle is true, then that's good bye ATS and hello NWO.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
They probably don't even care about protecting copyright laws, its just an extremely easy loophole to get people banned from the net with the 3 strike system. Everyone downloads and shares stuff.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Yes, this means the UK as well - hasn't Peter Mandelson already proposed something similar?
If he has a hand in it, you can bet we in the UK will be signed up before th ink is dry on the "treaty"

If Peter Mandelson had his way, nobody would have the internet at all, so that we would all be nicely oblivious to his tricks and schemes and downright lies!

And yes, I believe I did hear something about Mandelson proposing something along these lines.

Mandelson on Internet Piracy - Daily Mail

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The INTERNET will never be shut down. They won't do it. Before I go into why they won't do it let me give u an analogy.

We are all idiots. Atleast the government thinks so. We are treated like little kids because we act like it.

When your kid misbehaves or does not listen to you, what do u do??? Take away his/her favorite toy.

They leaked this document just to gauge the public reaction and to see how much we love the internet. If the government and the IPs are going to spend so much money and resources on policing the internet, they have to be sure that they get something out of it.

Imagine if we all said; "Who cares? let them take the internet away. I don't care much for it anyway." or, "I lived without it before, I can live without it now" or, "Well, good thing, I get more time with my family" and so on.....

Do you think they would ever take it away from us then??? No, because it won't affect us and thus won't get their agenda fulfilled.

Now let me tell you why they WON'T 'shut down' the internet.

The internet is the biggest marketing tool ever known to man. If we shut the internet, companies worth billions of dollars are gonna be shut down. Any company that relies on the internet or the marketing it provides will be shut down.

Industry leaders will never allow this to happen.

Now, their second option is to shut down only the sites that participate in sharing of copyrighted material. They have been doing it for years but they will never be able to stop it. If they shut down a website, another one will pop up and so on.....

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Recycling that ACTA fear propaganda again?
I guess Halloween isn't over yet....lol

Trick or Freak

Threat Level Privacy, Crime and Security Online
Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement: Fact or Fiction? September 15, 2008

The rampant speculation concerning the treaty’s contents is based largely on a leaked document posted on WikiLeaks, and from comments from copyright and patent holders.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I love how everyone is completely ignoring this...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by broli

Current Internet and telephony technology is a joke. Look up professor Hartmut muller and his g-com telephone. This phone allows for instantaneous communication between parties all over the solar system without radiation, antennas or a service provides. More than a decade has passed now since he publicly showed this technology.

Absolutely! Back in 1985 we were downloading info, software and games long before there was a global internet, and we did so by using direct dial methods. Dialing into other users computers directly and sharing messages and information, dialing into servers directly and posting modem numbers etc were the norm back then.

The global governments and consortiums truely believe they are so very smart, and therefore can do whatever they like and noone will be able to surpass them. That is their greatest weakness, their arrogance. They think that by employing only those with advanced degrees in acedemia that they really have the best minds on the job. That my friends is a false faith. Schools teach poorly that which is already known and understood, but it takes brilliant minds to resolve the unknown, and there are thousands of people that go unseen or heard that do exactly that.

Take Microsoft for example, they have thousands of developers building Windows yet it fails next to far more superior systems developed by fewer than a hundred prominent developers. Systems such as Linux, Qnx, VxWorks, Solaris and Unix in general. Even Apple uses an open source unix-like backend in all of their systems.

Let them take away the global internet, as there are far better ways to accomplish the same thing. Tesla powered lights more than 2 miles from his lab and had he taken it further, he could have powered systems across the globe. The earth is iron cored and as such can be used as a focal point to bounce information from. It really is not that difficult to process data, encrypt it and send it to the other side of the planet within seconds using this method.

Instead of users relying on an ISP (Internet Service Provider) to reach other systems, they themselves can become their own server/client. I do it all the time. See my first welcome post (which most people didnt take directly but as a joke or words of fiction). I can use a lighter, burn thru the insulators and using alligator clips, connect to any copper phone line and connect directly to any modem on the global telephone network, including my buddy in Germany. It really is quite simple for even the average joe.

Be not discouraged as "those who can" will ensure the people will always have access to the information they need. I encourage all to learn and understand what Linux and open source really means, as its message applies to all. "Information, knowledge and technology should be freely available to all peoples of the world so we can all benefit from the understandings and accomplishments of those that came before us".

Freedom, knowledge and education should not and cannot be governed and should always remain freely avaiable to all who seek it.

TOTB

Edited for proofreading.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by ThinkOutsideTheBuns]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I applaud your comment. Very well said and it makes a lot of sense! It is ridiculous what they think they're going to do! Like you said, "It's like making gun-makers run out and police whoever bought a gun so that no one uses them in the commission of a crime!! lol Even if they did implement this...We the people will find a way around it. We always do. Thank-God for the underground ey? Speaking of the Big Boys/Hollywood Giants they're pissed because their profits aren't like Exxon's yet! They're not making QuadrOOple the profits...they're only into a couple Billion in profits! I'm so sick of the Greed in this Country and what motivates Washington in doing anything!!! In the end just like someone has said before...it's the little guy that has to pay over and over and over again!! We're living pay-check to pay-check. We don't have Vacation homes and million dollar yachts. We don't get a bail-out for Small Business that employed 40people and kept them with a roof over their head. It would be real nice to only have to worry about how many Billions your going to make this year in profit alone....The real worry is losing your house and wondering where are you going to go? Now that's real life and these people in Washington or the ones that are sooo worried about not making 2zillion in profit on a video...have no f**king Clue!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join