It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret copyright treaty leaks. It's bad. Very bad.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If they pass this garbage there will be a revolt, there HAD BETTER BE A REVOLT! This is just absolutely fascist garbage.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This is happening because information that they dont want is getting out there, about what is really happening in life and in the world... another attempt to hide the truth, but the truth will always push through.

we are the truth.

no fear

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Ladies and Gents...

please read back through the draft treaty.

They don't HAVE to prove anything.

They just have to have a reasonable suspicion.

Anyone here watch TV shows on the net?

Well, that would be you then, based on your useage.

You know.

The criminal who watches TV.

This is bull-plop - and it needs getting rid of.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess
This is happening because information that they dont want is getting out there, about what is really happening in life and in the world... another attempt to hide the truth, but the truth will always push through.

we are the truth.

no fear

Yep.

That's why we come on ATS to talk about it.

edit to say:
That sounded patronising, and I didn't mean it that way

Sorry

[edit on 4/11/2009 by budski]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This is happening because in this world, the people who hold copyrights are the people with money. Because they have money, they control their governments. They want to make sure they can squeeze every last penny out of the consumer sheep. They don't care if it's fair to us - if we post something, they'll be able to take credit. All they'll have to do is claim it's theirs, and just like that, they have our money.

They don't care about information being leaked. They probably like it when information is leaked, because then they can ridicule the sources. To the idiot masses, this destroys the credibility of the "leakers." It makes it easy for them to conceal information. Instead of an airtight seal, they can keep an ordinary lid on things and nobody pays attention to the "leaks."

This is not a problem that can be solved. The game is lost. It doesn't need to be fought any further, it needs to be reset.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
If they try to restrict our downloads of pirated materials, then the streets will just go hard and you will buy everything from the "DVD DVD" chinese lady walking down the ave for $5 instead of piratebay.org lol

They wouldn't even mind, they just care about pulling in some of that statistical profits they've been missing from teh interwebz. P

lus we made the interwebz the way it is from our cleverness and community.

LET EM TRY! there will be an underground interwebz in 2 years.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
i think this would be a major mistake for tptb ... think about it without the net ... people will actually have to find something to do... and what better than to start throwing rocks at the person who took it away from them

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The reason for the leak is that they are testing the waters. See how much outcry they get. If they get too much outcry they will withdraw and try something else or try again later. Collectivists don't get defeated, they just back off and try again later. But little by little they push things through.
If this is a "treaty" isn't it supposed to be ratified by the Senate. What happened to our treaties, Can the president (little p out of lack of respect) enact treaties on his own without the Senate or the Constitution. The collectivists might have gone too far. Let's hope any way that people will give enough outcry not only to get the collectivists to back off, but to get sleeping America to wake up and demand their country's laws be upheld, even by the President. This lawlessness has got to stop. The president is not above the law. He is not the law. King George could say he was the law, but Congress, theoretically, passes the laws, the supreme court (notice the little s and c) theoretically uphold the Constitution by overturning any law that is unConstitutional. Maybe they will find after all that Obama was born somewhere else and all the laws are null and void. Hillary kept saying over and over that he can't be elected. Everyone finished the phrase with "because he is black" but the end of the phrase might be "because he wasn't born here." Hillary knew something.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by m khan]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I agree with the poster above who said this leak was a test to see if the public would swallow it.

To quote the late and much missed Mollie Ivins: go out into the streets and bang pots together until you are heard!

They want to make sure you never see things like the following video:

Nun with M.D. takes on Swine Flu irregularities

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Don't think the leak was to test.

In France they pallning to pass a law that authorise the government to cut the internet connection of somedbody found guilty of copyright infringement

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
If they pass this garbage there will be a revolt, there HAD BETTER BE A REVOLT! This is just absolutely fascist garbage.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by projectvxn]

Enforcing the law is fascist?

Wow...

Anarchy must be Utopia then eh?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
This is happening because in this world, the people who hold copyrights are the people with money.

No we aren't.

Every artist who has their work on the Internet is a copyright holder. I don't want my art scanned without my permission, placed on tee shirts, and sold at TJMaxx unless I make the deal and get my due percentage. This happened to a friend of mine, and I was part of a group of artists who banded together to stop the license money going to a copyright thief and to the artist (who had medical bills piling up from a chronic illness.)

Every writer out there can tell you that it's royalties from their copyrights that are their hope of "quitting their day job" so they can write (sorry... one book won't do it. You need up to 8 novels to get enough royalties to quit a menial job.)

Everyone who ever wrote a message (including you!) owns a copyright on your own words (no matter how badly phrased they are.)

You'd hate it if someone took all your messages and published them... and hate it worse if they published them in a "book of truly stupid messages" and sold it at Amazon.com.

The laws enable YOU (yes, you) if you found your articles here on ATS being put on a site without your permission or published in a book to go after the person stealing your words.

You can choose to not do so. But for lots of artists, writers, filmmakers, photographers, joke writerss, etc -- that money is part of their living wage. And they want the laws enforced.

You should, too.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I may register my person as a business and proclaim myself a living 'art form'. That everything I do and say is a form of intellectual property owned under copyright by me.

Anyone I suspect to be making copies or logs of my actions (the things I do and say) without my permission will be prosecuted under the new laws.

IRM

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Everyone. Calm down. It will be ok, wanna know why? Cause the world is FULL of smart 16 year old kids who just love to buck authority. And they WILL find a way around it.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
If Obama pulls this off, communities will have to built their own unregulated networks. (& we'll have to revolt) Basically, a giant LAN. God I don't want to go back to rotary phones and party lines.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

But that's not what this treaty is being used for. They're telling you that they want this to protect you, and you're buying that without even questioning it. They use the same trick to fool people who are afraid of terrorists, drugs, guns, you name it. Anything you can think of that scares people is being used to pass power grabs that pretend to protect people from their fears.

I guarantee you, independent copyright holders are not the driving forces behind this treaty. It's groups like the RIAA that are behind this - groups that exist to screw as many people as possible out of every dime they can, including the true creators.

This treaty isn't being created so that nobody steals your work, or mine. It's being created so that big companies can exercise massive amounts of control over ordinary people. There will be no need to sue in court and prove that your rights have been violated... just accuse them of a copyright violation and have their Internet shut down. It doesn't matter if they're in actual violation or not, because the burden of proof has been shifted from the accuser to the accused. This flies in the face of the idea of settling things in fair trials.

This treaty exists to protect you from having your work stolen about as much as wiretapping exists to protect you from telemarketers. I bet people like you and me wouldn't even be able to make a valid complaint, unless we signed over all of our creations to some big business.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I accuse the RIAA, MPAA, and whitehouse.gov of violating my copyrights. SHUT THEM DOWN!!! Turn off their internets! No, but really, of course this law wouldn't apply equally to everyone. (meaning we get screwed)

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I wasn't able to find the text of this "leaked document". All I could find was info by people who claim to know what was in it.

From what I've seen so far, this doesn't look much different from the DMCA we already have in place in the US. ISP's are considered responsible for the continued publishing of copyrighted material, once they've received a takedown notice. In the DMCA, if the alleged plagiarist files an objection to the takedown notice, the ISP is not obligated to remove the offending material until a decision has been made as to whether it actually violates copyright. I would expect something similar in this case.

I'm not convinced that being banned from using the Internet would be such a horrible fate. For one thing, it's just about impossible to make that happen. You could bar ISP's from providing service to a person's residence, but you'd have a hard time preventing them from using Internet cafes and other sources (friends, work, libraries, groups, etc.). They'd be able to get essential tasks done. Banned users would still have access to information, and they'd still be able to publish information in many places. They might not be able to run Websites, except through some other person or organization. It could be inconvenient, but not the end of the world.

I do find the whole copyright issue worrisome, because it is forced on us through a few rapacious industries (MPAA, RIAA, etc.). These folks are motivated by nothing but greed, and have managed to ram through wholly unreasonable laws. They need to be spanked and put into their place. I agree it's not nice to steal someone's work, and it should be protected. However, legitimate users of the work should not be penalized with DRM and other ridiculous limitations on their ability to use and enjoy their purchases.

I hoope this whole "treaty" flops.

[edit on 11/5/2009 by chiron613]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess

we are the truth.

no fear

Yes, we are opening our eyes, the bell has rang and we are waking up and ready to go to work.

These guys are gluing our eyes shut, 'go back to sleep, we have full control' ...

I think maybe this also an attempt to keep us from spreading the word when people are starting to die of the Flu/Vaccine so that the 'bankers' cen use/sell their veccines and make more Cash...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hope this doesn't go through... I know people who would cut everyone off in return.... imagine a whole city without internet. It could turn into a hacker war!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join