It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Hopeful Message to Christians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This message I posted came about from an individual whom I wish to show all respect to, who believes that UFO's are a trick from Satan to deceive us. I go off a bit, but there is no hostility, and anyone who disagrees with what is posted, I understand. However,

ANYONE TRYING TO DERAIL THIS THREAD WILL BE REPORTED!

Please try to discuss this topic peacefully and if this fills you with anger, remind yourself and others about the T&C of ATS, and even if it could get heated, open discussion is the goal here, not combat to the death. Please take hostility elsewhere.

Thank you.

Original thread link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let me explain.

Satan, also known as Baphomet has his roots in ancient mythology. Possibly a grain god that switched to child sacrifice.

Blaming unexplained events on Satan is an excuse to not look at the evidence. You can't explain how Satan creates lights that dance in the sky, because he doesn't.

Remember your Bible, he speaks to the hearts and souls of man, INTERNALLY. Commercials with people killing themselves for candy bars and toilet paper are far more his style than any light in the sky.

Anyone who gives in to their darkness are the ones who 'serve' Satan. Look at your world leaders, they lie, cheat, steal, kill, and most Christians have been convinced that the law of man trumps, "Thou shall not kill".

Satan does not and never has had the need for fireballs in the sky. Why? Because normal people are more than capable of doing the job. The Bible is not a cudgel, and it does not support your belief that Satan is making UFO's to trick you.

From his perspective, you are already well on your way, if you can't see the horrors that most people take as normal in your every day lives.

You don't need religion to love and honor God. Never did. If what your pastor tells you is more important than your personal commitment to God, then Satan has already won. All you need is love, you don't even NEED the Bible, frankly all you need is yourself and a desire to make this world a better place.

Satan making lights in the sky has no place in the view of God's love (however you choose to see him). If you think I am wrong, then ask God yourself, by yourself. He does not support war and rich people hoarding the world's resources while everyone else starves.

Many ET's believe in God's love, they say so. It is all the proof you have from this perspective, and you just lumped them as Satanists. Why?
Because you have been programmed to reject anything other than what you have right now.

God helps those who help themselves. This is not a greedy statement. Sitting on one's couch waiting for God to bless you is a waste of time. God never said you can't think for yourselves, and he just expects you to live up to a loving, peaceful, open minded example. If you close your mind, your heart will close, and you will only hear the darkness.

Then you will see from a fear based perspective and you will never hear God's will, and you could easily believe that Satan makes lights in the sky and is everywhere. He isn't, he can't, and you are falling right into the hands of the corruptors.

Ask God to clarify things for you. You will get a better answer if you just talk to him, rather than a memorized old prayer you drill out. Ask for advice, ask good questions, and you might just discover a few answers. Your pastor or priest can't do it, you can.

A personal experience is just what you need. You have the tools and the belief, but if you can't talk to God, then you will never find the answers.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM

A personal experience is just what you need. You have the tools and the belief, but if you can't talk to God, then you will never find the answers.

Christians (such as myself) have a personal relationship with Jesus, who is Himself God. We can talk to Him anytime we like. He takes very good care of us. I'm not sure what you are offering that you think would be better. To me, it looks like a cheap substitute.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by novacs4me]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

Talking to God is a cheap substitute for talking to God?

You should ask God then what he thinks. Since you can talk with God and Jesus at any time as I said, then he could tell you his perspective right now.

If you can listen calmly that is. Why not?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I feel where you are comming from with this. Personally I feel that there ARE some bad .E.T.s That may come from the sky not all. I do feel that NATAS DOES HAVE SPACE RELATED connections JUST BECAUSE 1/3 OF THE ANGELS left the HEAVENS ^^WITH Lucifer-WHERE DID THEY GO?vv DID SOME OF THE 1/3 COME TO EARTH AND SOME WENT INTO (SPACE) OR OTHER PLANET REALMS? This justifies my belief that some not all from the sky (SPACE) MAY BE 1/3 EVIL ANGELS.

Now the lord in the past sent WATCHERS TO LOOK OUT FOR HUMANITIES WELL BEING. These WATCHERS/good ANGELS also came from the (HEAVENS) space. So this justifies my understanding that some from the SKY are also in good intention. Like GABRIEL AND MUHAMMADS ENCOUNTER. GABRIEL CAME FROM (ABOVE) space to interact down here on EARTH W/ THE PROPHET OF ISLAM. Just as the Annunciation, the angel GABRIEL appears (AGAIN) to Mary on EARTH from (HEAVEN) space to bring forth the EARTH MESSIA AGAIN.

So you see there is room for the possibility that NATAS HAS (SPACE CONNECTIONS) JUST AS THE LORD JESUS CHRIST DOES ALSO. THe new Jesus just has 2/3+ of the HEAVENLY ANGELS ON HIS SIDE.

[edit on 11/4/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Talking to God is a cheap substitute for talking to God?

You should ask God then what he thinks. Since you can talk with God and Jesus at any time as I said, then he could tell you his perspective right now.

If you can listen calmly that is. Why not?

When I speak to Jesus, He sends me to the Bible for His answer. You say ignore the Bible. Doesn't look like we are talking about the same God.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well, Don't forget that there are hundreds of different Gods, so it's quite possible he is talking of one of the many others that people believe in, I'm a non believer myself but i respect other peoples beliefs and if a God makes you feel happy then there is nothing wrong with that, everyone finds happyness in different things, some God and some not.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Itop1]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

When I speak to Jesus, He sends me to the Bible for His answer. You say ignore the Bible. Doesn't look like we are talking about the same God

That's some good advice you've been given there mateyboy the bibles are are pure fiction conjured up out of the minds of men.

The bibles are fraught with ridiculous claims contradictions and inaccuracies up to the ceiling.

Given that the bibles are massively erroneous works of "men" and the jesus character a work of fiction, one cannot help but wonder who exactly you believe you are speaking to and more importantly is anyone really "speaking" to you in return .

I would highly recommend you seek out some therapy in relation to the voices inside your head. You will probably discover that you are suffering from mild delusion at best, at worst perhaps a hint of schizophrenia.

The Satan character the OP alludes to is yet another imaginary being with no basis in reality whatever,. As the OP implied, satan is merely a myth, perpetuated to keep people who really shouldn't be afraid of "anything" afraid and a device to remove accountability of certain ungodly traits from their imaginary creator.

The Alien thing, indeed , it is laughable to hear the childlike hootings from xtians doing the chicken little dance "the aliens are demons" lol

When will these people grow up ? Buffy the Vampire Slayer was TV people , helloo.

Occams Razor dude, if little grey, green or blue beings come to visit from another planet or universe, well their logically from er um , another planet or universe.

If an alien is real then it is more likely to come from a real place than the imaginings of the minds that would have a man live inside a fish.

For the sake of our species some people really need to grow up !

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me

Christians (such as myself) have a personal relationship with Jesus, who is Himself God. We can talk to Him anytime we like. He takes very good care of us. I'm not sure what you are offering that you think would be better. To me, it looks like a cheap substitute.

Jesus is not and never was God. He is just the son of God. He supposedly preached the word of god. That is one misconception a lot of Christians make. I don't understand why, when it even says in the bible that God spoke to Jesus. So how can he be God? Jesus did not create anything, God did.

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

No misconception here. When my sister got mixed up with a religious cult right after I became a Christian, the Lord showed me where to open my Bible (which I was at that time VERY unfamiliar with), and He gave me the verses that prove He is God. "I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me'. 'I and the Father are One'. 'He who has seem me has seen the Father'. Every time I opened the Bible, at random, another verse I needed was right there in front of me. This made her want to get a Bible, and see for herself. Same result. The end result of this little direction from God was that the entire cell, at least a dozen people, did the same and they escaped that cult (The Way International). Oh, Jesus is God, alright!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

No misconception here. When my sister got mixed up with a religious cult right after I became a Christian, the Lord showed me where to open my Bible (which I was at that time VERY unfamiliar with), and He gave me the verses that prove He is God. "I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me'. 'I and the Father are One'. 'He who has seem me has seen the Father'. Every time I opened the Bible, at random, another verse I needed was right there in front of me. This made her want to get a Bible, and see for herself. Same result. The end result of this little direction from God was that the entire cell, at least a dozen people, did the same and they escaped that cult (The Way International). Oh, Jesus is God, alright!

God is in all of us, and we are all in god also, does that make us gods too? Nope it sure doesn't so therefor Jesus is not god.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

God is in all of us, and we are all in god also, does that make us gods too? Nope it sure doesn't so therefor Jesus is not god.

Answering your own question, I see. Well, it sounds like you aren't interested in what Christians believe. So go ahead and worship your own god, at your own peril. The Bible also says that 'Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord'. So I guess one day you and I will both bow down before him. I hope that goes well for you!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

A Hopeful Message to Christians

Good post and too, a fair amount of effort to pull off the quality factor.

Well done.

My only thought is that we must all understand that each Christian is as much an individual as a part of what the outside perceives to be a cogent whole.

It is difficult in the extreme to convey this message of the one, for the one, because Christianity is often approached on the assumption that all are the same as any one... and any one, like all the rest.

It is why I fight against stereotypes and the all too easy mistake that misses that these popular lumpings, based on faith (or anything else) are no different than those based on skin color.

It is a form of bigotry.

I would encourage you to continue your efforts and perhaps... someday we will all be judged on our character and not something as shallow as our gods.

Thanks

[edit on 4-11-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Do you know why the Catholic/Christians hate Jews? Because they can prove they are lying!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Edit...

[edit on 4-11-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

*SNORE*

You intentionally take a naive approach and a generalized understanding about what the bible *IS*...i am curious, why do you choose to purposefully pretend like you don't know what is going on?

The bible is created by man. Wow. What a shocker

But its teachings will help align you with God.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Prove I said ignore the Bible. You have allowed darkness to contaminate your soul.

You can't even read and re-post my own words two posts up without getting it wrong. You said you COULD talk to God, Prove it.

If you believe that God is omnipotent, then he could easily hear you and speak to you like he was in the room. According to many religions he IS. You can't fool me, and you can't fool God.

Talk to the guy you say you worship and ask what he wants for you. Just like the Bible and your pastor tells you to.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by knightsof0ld

Um. Wow.

I wish I had something else to say.

Just wow.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Wonderful!

It's posts like yours that actually allow me the liberty to try in the first place. We are in trouble as a society, and instead of just asking their god, I instantly get excuses as if it matters!

Thanks, posting this sort of statement always leaves me questioning if it makes any difference. You only need to reach one, even if you are preaching to the choir.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

It also says to KILL YOUR CHILDREN if they are disrespectful.

Good luck on getting the judge to accept that.

Zabba Loubba ROUE. I don't even have to write words!

It makes no difference to you!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

That doesn't change the fact that your good deeds are as if dirty rags to God.

You have closed your heart and mind and Satan has entered you. You refuse to stop what you are doing and say "Hey God? Am I living a good life, and do you have any advice for me?"

You can't ask, because you don't have a relationship with God.

Prove me wrong by personally talking to him. All personal relationships require listening and interaction. You do not share with God.

You need help. Satan wouldn't tell you to talk to God, so don't lump me in there. Get help.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by GideonHM]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join