It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daughter Interesting Freind

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticdragon23
Have you even studied your own religion?

Pretty extensively, others to a point as well.

One of your hero's Abraham was a dark magi and often consorted with demons. Ever heard of the book Abra Mehlin(SP) Or Abraham the merlin which gave the rights and rituals to summon demons and control them?

There are several Kabbalist writings that are named after patriarchs, but that is not who really wrote them from a historical stance.

Historians have noted that most claims for the authority of Kabbalah involve an argument of the antiquity of authority (see, e.g., Joseph Dan's discussion in his Circle of the Unique Cherub). As a result, virtually all works pseudepigraphically claim, or are ascribed, ancient authorship. For example, Sefer Raziel HaMalach, an astro-magical text partly based on a magical manual of late antiquity, Sefer ha-Razim, was, according to the kabbalists, transmitted to Adam by the angel Raziel after he was evicted from Eden.

Another famous work, the Sefer Yetzirah, supposedly dates back to the patriarch Abraham. This tendency toward pseudepigraphy has its roots in Apocalyptic literature, which claims that esoteric knowledge such as magic, divination and astrology was transmitted to humans in the mythic past by the two angels, Aza and Azaz'el (in other places, Azaz'el and Uzaz'el) who 'fell' from heaven.

The same thing happens with other Christian and Jewish pseudepigraphal works, they are ascribed to various famous authors in an attempt to legitimize them. Christianity had a real problem at its beginning with various mystic cults trying to interject themselves by claiming legitimacy of various writings. Gnosticism, which is Greek mysticism, is the most classic case, and caused St. Irenaeus to write Against Heresies around 180AD, just over 100 years after the death of Christ.

The purpose of Against Heresies was to refute the teachings of various Gnostic groups; apparently, several Greek merchants had begun an oratorial campaign praising the pursuit of "gnosis" in Irenaeus' bishopric. Another popular theory states that a group of Gnostics known as the Valentinians remained part of the early Christian church, taking part in regular church celebrations despite their radical differences. It is also said that Gnostics would secretly meet outside of regular church activity where they would discuss their "secret knowledge" and scripture that pertains to it. As bishop, Irenaeus felt obligated to keep a close eye on the Valentinians and to safeguard the church from them. In order to fulfil this duty, Irenaeus educated himself and became well informed of Gnostic doctrines and traditions. This eventually led to the compilation of his treatise.

It appears however, that the main reason Irenaeus took on this work was because he felt that Christians in Asia and Phrygia especially needed his protection from Gnostics, for they did not have as many bishops to oversee and help keep problems like this under control.

Sorry Im not into demonology or blackmagic I follow the addage do as you may harm none. Being a wiccan and practicing magic is not evil.

I understand exactly what wiccia is.

And im sorry but Aliens are like us they are spiritual entities trapped in a human body.

Then why do they flee in the face of Christianity? That is proven, search around this website and you will see it is a repeating theme, and not just from Christians. I hate to harp on this fact, but again, after a lifetime of experience, Hynik did not even consider them to be extraterrestrials.

Why is it that all christians seem to classify all Wiccans/pagans as demon worshipping? Oh god I am so tired of explainingmy beliefls to the know it alls. They think we are all satanists I swear.

You don't have to explain it to me, I already understand what it is. Having an interest in the paranormal I have probably delved into many things that most Christians shun. I have a strong faith, and I trust God to protect me, and he always has, so I have had no problems.

I understand that Wicca is a nature-based Goddess worship. However, I want you to understand something as well. There is a reason why certain aspects of all Pagan Religions do in fact work (if they did not work at all no one would follow them), and there is a reason why there is commonality between cultures and religions that sprung up in isolation from each other. There is a common thread between all of these things. It is discussed in the Bible only slightly, but books such as Enoch go into further depth on the subject.

Many Christians do not go into that level of study, pastors are lucky if they can get them to show up to Church once in awhile. Their training is kept simple, and focused on what is important for them salvation wise. So many do paint all that is Pagan with a wide brush, which is generally ok from the Churches viewpoint as, like I stated, it all stems from a commonality. However, that said, I would have to say it is not limited to Christianity, as you have also, repeatedly, painted all Christians with a wide brush yourself. Have you not?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If there is anything I have learned about christianity living in the south for 21 years is that most people who are christian have the im right your wrong perception on any religion.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Way to derail an interesting topic you guys

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
huh....that is all I can say.

I am agnostic and am a non-believer is mother earth or witch craft and wards.

In one thread I have read about Alien abduction, wiccan wards to ward off evil spirits and the idea of embracing christianity to stop an alien abduction of you child.

I have one for you as well to complete this merry little circle. Any type of loaded fire arm in your hand pointed at the alien thing.

No one takes your child without your permission. It doesn't matter whether they are from heaven, hell another planet or another dimension.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
When my niece was around two-three, she used to see a man named Mike. She said he had big eyes, was angry and needed a blanket (He was cold). She seemed focused on the big eyes - she even drew pictures.

Around this time she would talk about her other life and the life before she was born (her words).

She used to sometimes read and say the most adult things.

After three she stopped seeing Mike and didn't read until 1st grade.

Some poster mentioned shyla - her doll she was absolutely obsessed with was named shyla- we never figured out how she came up with the name.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Wow,

This is such an interesting story.

I wonder if Mary was the mother of Jesus? If so, she was broken by His crucifixion.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Oh, and I forgot to add - this means Jesus was an alien.

Which He was - meaning that he did not originate on earth.

S & F to the OP.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join