It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transsexual Jesus sparks protests

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by mamabeth
I take it to believe that you have never watched,or even heard of
the documentary,Obsession,radical islams war against the west?

No, sounds like propoganda
Just like the Department of Homeland Security series.

Try watching it before making such baseless assumptions. It was rather fair documentary in my opinion.

And unless you want everything to be glowing praise, which NO religion can claim, then with it should be clear that is was an effort to distinguish extremism from the norm.

I still personally, believe the norm is far less than the numbers indicate. But therein lies the phrase "My opinion".

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

"It is now, Lol!"

Hahaha, raptor jesus devours your soul, sinners!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
It's funny but when the cartoons of Mohammed occured and muslims got angry, all the christians were saying "what's the big deal, our culture makes fun of jesus all the time"

and it was religious people that told me this too

wow at the hypocrisy

So you're saying we should all just take it on the chin - not a gay pun.. oO

Right, well it seems the xtians have. A wee bit of a 'WTF' at the time, again, and then it's back to status quo. Oh and not all people who love jesus are zealots persecuting people for giggles. Yet they are the ones offended.

Lets see if that works for any other culture/religion. Now, all you non-conforming people stand in line, and we'll start with the......

Nah I'll run outta characters in the post.

You think aboot it...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
I dont remember the bible saying Jesus was transexual. He was not gay either, oh yeah and he never even had a girlfriend.

Definition of irony...

I am not sure if you were being sarcastic there or not, but I laughed either way

Because celibacy means you're a raging closeter... I see

Definition of something, thats for sure..

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha
The problem is that it is done to offend. Because of the obvious persecution of homosexuals by the church.

How are you so sure it is done to offend? It seems obvious to you like revenge right? LOL

No but seriously, how are you so sure?

It's not freedom of speech, it's freedom to offend under the guise of freedom of speech.

What you just said there reminds me of reverse racism.

Freedom of speech I think includes everything, even if your feelings are hurt, you are free to say what you want and that speech might offend you, so I really don't know how you are coming up with freedom to offend when it is already included in freedom of speech.

No different than when the gay mardi gras in perth/sydney don nun outfits or priest outfits and gyrate sexually to political figures, etc.

No reason, but to offend. And the point is lost in the process.. Way to go.

It is different since you are talking about drunken people and who hasn't done anything stupid under the influence of alcohol.

There are stupid gays out there just like straights, but bad apples don't define every single one.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
their just getting back at all the christians that offended them by saying they were evil disgusting people with something wrong with them that could be straight if they wanted to

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This report just in...

THOUSANDS ADMITTED TO HOSPITALS WORLDWIDE WITH FLYING SHOE RELATED INJURIES, KNEE-JERK REACTIONS BLAMED

Get a grip.

I'm thoroughly proud of my little country for allowing this to take place, though I'm surprised it's happening in Glasgow and not the 'den of iniquity' that is Edinburgh.
So what if it's a transsexual Jesus? I think the man/woman in question is merely expressing his/her faith artistically and should be allowed to do so without criticism from close-minded fundamentalist nutters who would call him/her a pervert or abomonation. Maybe if it was a straight man playing the role then you could say it was for shock value only, but this person clearly has a personal reason for doing this so I can't object to it, and I wouldn't even if I still believed in God etc. Anyway, isn't the thing about Jesus supposed to be the 'message'? Or are all you Christian fundies obsessed with Jesus' schlong?

Originally posted by oozyism

Also to remember this just divides the gay and the religious community even more, so it doesn't do good in that sector also.

I think it'd be a drop in an already vast ocean, but as we're talking about a transsexual 'gay' has nothing to do with it.

*edit to add - 300 protestors in a city of approx. 620,000? Ooh those 'weegies are so outraged...

[edit on 4/11/09 by sotp]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
the people saying "this is the most offensive thing ever, why arent they doing this to Islam?" are hypocrites. it wouldnt be any less offensive if it were islam, just less offensive to you. hell, many of you would probably get a laugh out of it if it made fun of someone else' holy man.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by HunkaHunka

So if they were doing the same play on Allah, would you make the same comments, or would others in here on ATS.

I don't know anything about Allah... I could care less about Allah...

I'm a Christian and find the modeling of Christ as a transexual an enlightened twist which makes Christ even more accessible to more people.

I find those who are protesting this to be grossly ignorant.

No they woud not, they would be crying out against it. Oh but it is fineto target Christinaity time and time again.

All religions should be parodied, extended, remodeled, etc.

Sorry that's just what I believe... anything worthwhile will stand the test of time. Anything else should be kept secret.

At least the protestors were not burning flags or giving out death threats like some other religions, whom have done in the past, over cartoons or books.

No instead, they were calling transexuals perverts. It's a recognized medical condition for crying out loud!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I really fail to see why people are offended.

If you beleive that jesus is the son of God and all that entails does being a transexual or homosexual, or any kind of sexual diminish his message or what he means spirtually to you? Is he less of a diety? Granted the RCC demonizes homosexuals and the like but again how exactly does it change you relationship with him

I can see the bumper sticker now 'What would Transexual Jesus do?"

[edit on 11/5/09 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arsenis

The problem is that it is done to offend. Because of the obvious persecution of homosexuals by the church.

How are you so sure it is done to offend? It seems obvious to you like revenge right? LOL

What?

What a loaded statement after a question, when the answer is obviously right in the title of the article.

Hows this "Homosexual men obviously are pedophiles!" - is that offensive, or if I make a play about it, does it become art?

There is a concerted effort by certain segments of the gay community to attack specifically christian attitudes, buy putting them in a light that they KNOW is offensive to christians. Like it or not, you cannot change that.

No but seriously, how are you so sure?

Because it was done. simple. They didn't use Homer Simpson as their target. Why? I doubt many fans of Homer would be upset.

It's not freedom of speech, it's freedom to offend under the guise of freedom of speech.

What you just said there reminds me of reverse racism.

I think the same. And it's all utter garbage. But I think we may have differing reasons why.

Freedom of speech I think includes everything, even if your feelings are hurt, you are free to say what you want and that speech might offend you, so I really don't know how you are coming up with freedom to offend when it is already included in freedom of speech.

So as I said, we're all OK with slandering and ridiculing everything and everyone. Fine. If thats the rule, I will agree to it. But it's not.

And in the scheme of things, xtians are pretty much the most passive of the lot. No riots, no murders, no threats of death.

If I can call someone a name in the name of satire or paint a picture in the name of art that I determine points out the flaws of what I perceive to be that person or culture, let me. But I don't get that opportunity, I get called racist, ignorant, offensive, bigoted, et al.

No, only Islamic Rage boy gets to dictate whats wrong with the world. We all else have to suffer it.

No different than when the gay mardi gras in perth/sydney don nun outfits or priest outfits and gyrate sexually to political figures, etc.

No reason, but to offend. And the point is lost in the process.. Way to go.

It is different since you are talking about drunken people and who hasn't done anything stupid under the influence of alcohol.

What? Whos drunk, where? These people are suggesting they are expressing their equality by ridiculing people and icons that affect way more people than the few who they are targetting. Drunk? Oh my, tell that to them.

There are stupid gays out there just like straights, but bad apples don't define every single one.

No, but it's best to throw out the rotten fruit, because the fruit flies tend to lay eggs on the otherwise normal fruit.

*pun*..

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

I can see the bumper sticker now 'What would Transexual Jesus do?"

[edit on 11/5/09 by FredT]

the answer to that of course is he would put on a play.

but not just any play, it would be the best funded play in history.

unless people abandoned their faith in him because he was a transsexual.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Devils advocate, I take it?

Or else you may aswell equate Willy Wonka with a vegan and call it a lucky day.

I love it..

Bad word against islam - EVIL IGNORANT MINDLESS RACIST IDIOT.

Bad word against christianity - Deal with it you thin skinned panties, maybe he was a skirt wearing floozy... Makes him prettier!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
[unless people abandoned their faith in him because he was a transsexual.

I would really like to see if push comes to shove how many would. Hi sexual orientation should not diminsh him at all if they truly beleive. Quite a test of faith methinks.......

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
[unless people abandoned their faith in him because he was a transsexual.

I would really like to see if push comes to shove how many would. Hi sexual orientation should not diminsh him at all if they truly beleive. Quite a test of faith methinks.......

i think people would deny it was him.
there would be quite a bit of "thats not MY Christ/God/Savior. Jesus Christ is not a homosexual"

as insane as it sounds...i think people would protest him with signs saying things like " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."

im sure they would remain christians...just with their own views of christ.

this just my opinion. it does not reflect what i think ALL christians would do, but i feel it does reflect on how some, or even many would react.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Americans are gay...I'm writing a play about it! Anyone got a problem with me showing Obama as GAY and changing the stars into hearts on the flag?? Didn't think so...

Afterwards I am going to do a play where Mohammed is a Chinese pedophile... I'm sure everyone will be cool with that right??

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing
Afterwards I am going to do a play where Mohammed is a Chinese pedophile... I'm sure everyone will be cool with that right??

If not, they're going to have to get over themselves, because people have already fought and died over the very right to say such things.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

If not, they're going to have to get over themselves, because people have already fought and died over the very right to say such things.

So you agree that this woould cause problems?? Maybe even protests etc?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Anything is sure to piss someone off. Yes, I'm sure someone would be offended. The next step, is to then get over themselves.

Let's have Mohammad be the Chinese pedophile and Jesus the little boy. A Catholic priest can even join in. I don't care. Like I said, people can get over themselves. People have already died over these freedoms and if it comes to it more will die for them. I rather enjoy freedom. Don't you?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Anything is sure to piss someone off. Yes, I'm sure someone would be offended. The next step, is to then get over themselves.

Let's have Mohammad be the Chinese pedophile and Jesus the little boy. A Catholic priest can even join in. I don't care. Like I said, people can get over themselves. People have already died over these freedoms and if it comes to it more will die for them. I rather enjoy freedom. Don't you?

Yes I do.

But we also have the freedom to express our feelings when are beliefs are being mocked. Which is exactly what these protesters are doing... there is nothing wrong with them protesting and I feel they have a valid reason for doing so. How can you say that it is wrong for them to protest a mockery and a plain and simple disregard to their beliefs?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join