It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transsexual Jesus sparks protests

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bored To Tears

Hey, when your argument falls flat on its face, the next best thing to do is go for the personal attack.

reply to post by bsbray11

Don't forget Buddy Christ! And I think a play should be done on Gay Jesus. Or maybe it already has...

I feel badly for people who get so offended at nothing. One person's garbage is another person's art. Lighten up, people! This is only other people's opinions. It doesn't (or shouldn't) take away from your religion or affect your life in any way. It's all in your head.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Originally posted by Laurauk

Dear oh dear, I am actually amazed by this and a little taken aback, not only is this goes way beyond so called freedom off expression, this is another attack on christian faiths within the UK.

That IS freedom of expression. No one has a right to silence their work. If they don't have a right to do their play, then you don't have a right to complain. Deal with it.

do it to other minority groups and it's actually illegal > hate crimes

As I said earlier...trivial tripe that shouldn't have the time wasted on this debate.
I forgive them for the stupidity, and so would Jesus.

Now lets make a play with a tranny of Mohammed and see the response....cast your minds back only a few years ago and remember the cartoons in a paper......and the hysteria that caused...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

You obviously don't know that Yeshi is a shortened version of Yeshua/Yehashoua. In essence it would be like Leo being a version of Leonard and Leonard being a version of Leonardo.

Better luck next time chap, and since no one has seen YESHI, no one should complain about pictures.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And I think a play should be done on Gay Jesus. Or maybe it already has...

Haha, someone else is way ahead of you on that one, although not with a play:

1. He never married
It would have been strange for a man of Jesus’ age in his era and location to not have married.

2. He loved a disciple
It’s been suggested that Jesus loved a disciple. Could it have been John?

3. He was kind and gentle
Okay, this is truly stereotypical, but he was a kind and gentle man.

4. Surrounded himself with men
Yes, most men surround themselves with men, there called friends. But, Jesus has all men and no women? Yes, Mary Magdalene is there, but she’s not his love interest, right? If he’s not his love interest, then who is? That’s right, he’s a gay.

5. Christian hate for homosexuality
What is the best cover? To do the complete opposite of what people expect.

6. The hair
What manly man could actually manage that Fabio-like hair?

7. That robe
How could a truly heterosexual man actually where that robe (aka - a dress)?

grilledjesus.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Awesome OP.

Glad to see art pushing the limits and creating conversation once again!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bored To Tears
This is nothing more then a kick between the legs of all christians.

Hmmm. How about a kick in-between the legs of all homosexuals, prosecuted by the "christians" throughout the ages? Oh wait... by your standards I shouldn't even consider your opinion, since you're not gay...

Trying to force someone not to tell you something that offends you is a form of control, imposed by a stronger group on the weaker one. This may change as once the "homosexual agenda" seems stronger (whatever that is). Another time it's the ultra conservative-don't-talk-'cause-you're-evil side.

Freedom of speach is probably the greatest and most feared "inventions" of all time. The number of attacks on it and number of people trying to change it's definition to better fit their own agenda just proves it.

[edit on 2009/11/4 by krzyspmac]

[edit on 2009/11/4 by krzyspmac]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It's funny but when the cartoons of Mohammed occured and muslims got angry, all the christians were saying "what's the big deal, our culture makes fun of jesus all the time"

and it was religious people that told me this too

wow at the hypocrisy

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
yeah but what if Jesus after his transformation in the tomb .. actually was transsexual.. a completely balanced being would have the highest level of developed masculine and feminine psychological aspects... this could manifest as physiological as well in his new body post-resurrection / transformation

after all.. all these representations of angels in historic art show them as androgynous, and every painting I've ever seen of Jesus has him looking like a woman with a beard.

this isn't to say that the people creating these images SAW the angels or Jesus, and then painted them exactly as they were... but say for example the artists for the most part understood the esoteric gnostic value of the allegorical stories of the bible, and created a precedent for other painters to follow... thus using these features / appearance.

-

[edit on 4-11-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Did anyone see the South Park episode where Jesus asked Kyle (the Jewish kid) to kill him so Jesus could rise from the dead and save South Park?
That was a goodun. No complaints about that from Isaac Hayes, who used to be the Chef character. However he quit South Park in a hissy fit because South Park made fun of Tom Cruise and Scientology.

Josephus wrote that many people who had seen Jesus saw him differently than others. Some said he had gray eyes. Others, brown. Some said black hair, others, brown. The examples go on from there.

To me, Jesus represents both male and female characteristics. Strenth and compassion. Love and also anger. Sometimes the qualities can be seen as a gender oriented throughout human history. I know, I am just touching the surface here. It can be discussed in much greater detail than I am wanting to spend my time on right now.

I've painted many portraits and scenes of Jesus. It amuses me how many people can get ticked off because I paint his hair blonde, or short, or long, or his skin, white, brown, or paint him to look European, African or Asian. Oh, some people get it, some don't. I get some rather interesting and biased comments written in my comment books at art shows.

Sometimes I paint Jesus having obvious breasts under his garments. Why? To show my opinion that Jesus is the best of all of us, both male and female. Since I am not so very good at painting that I can paint these qualities that are of spirit, and not physical, I paint the physical, to show the combination of male/female and to encourage discussion and transfer of ideas. Usually, though, there's no comment or I just get told how I disgust the viewer and how I have attacked Christianity and they hope I burn in hell, etc. To which I thank the viewer for being such a great Christian.

I'll not pass judgement on this play, nor get my loin cloth in a bind because Jesus is oortrayed in the play as a transexual. I thought I met Jesus once in a vision, but he was obviously gay and had blonde hair.
Then I figured it out. It was just an asexual angel I had communicated with.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
May their non reproducing selves dive into the ABYSSFUL FLAME HEAD FIRST for even disrespecting the SON in this way. This is PAGANISM IN ITS WEAKEST FORM, man this makes me mad.

But see, this is also what is wrong about Christianity, Jesus would have given the other cheek.

Anyway when did it become your job to condemn? Regilion is full of hate.

Karma is finally returning its favor to Christianity for all those crusades in the Name of that religion.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arsenis
Karma is finally returning its favor to Christianity for all those crusades in the Name of that religion.

Crusades, inquisitions, destroying Native American cultures.

The Inquisition alone turned father against daughter, son against mother, husband against wife. If you didn't rat out people for being a heretic, and they were later deemed heretical, they would go ahead and kill you both.

Christianity has been a disease historically, and yes, it is all going to catch back up with it now that the church is losing so much power and influence in the modern age.

I for one am glad to see the religious hegemony going out fast. When Jesus comes back we'll head down to the bar together and have a drink. Until then, sit on it, Christians.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I dont remember the bible saying Jesus was transexual. He was not gay either, oh yeah and he never even had a girlfriend.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
I dont remember the bible saying Jesus was transexual. He was not gay either, oh yeah and he never even had a girlfriend.

Definition of irony...

I am not sure if you were being sarcastic there or not, but I laughed either way

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
LOL

I can't believe the sense of humour you guys have out there in Scotland! I would actually be proud at that kind of freedom of expression being legal and allowed.

Honestly, I think some people are offended too easily. Nobody is being hurt by this, it's simply a play with characters from the best-selling story book(in the US anyway). I don't get offended when my favourite books are made into films that poorly portray the book's details.

If these characters are not copyrighted, then I see nothing wrong with such a play.

So you'll support the Sexually ambiguous Mohammod play that no doubt some brave souls will now undertake?

Oh wait, death threats, or some protesting... I see what you mean.

Long live attacking the christian faith. Turn the other cheek and all that...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I do not see how portraying jesus as a transexual is wrong. We are all male and female, and this is something most will not even consider.

The problem is that it is done to offend. Because of the obvious persecution of homosexuals by the church.

It's not freedom of speech, it's freedom to offend under the guise of freedom of speech.

No different than when the gay mardi gras in perth/sydney don nun outfits or priest outfits and gyrate sexually to political figures, etc.

No reason, but to offend. And the point is lost in the process.. Way to go.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing
Another group of people with nothing better to do but take the piss of Christianity. Why don't they use Mohammed or Hercules or something... they are just looking for some publicity.

I agree with you on that.

Why don't they take the piss out of the jews, or the muslims. Oh i forgot those are hate crimes.

Exactly. What a weird little world we live in.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Guys let me ask you this!

God created man in his own image

Isn't god neither female nor male?

If both statement above are true, then how is this play not very fitting?

Jesus. Son of god. And all that hooplah. He didnt wear a skirt.

oO

I find your statements extremely bias

[edit on 4-11-2009 by ModernAcademia]

But there is truth in it regardless.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I take it to believe that you have never watched,or even heard of
the documentary,Obsession,radical islams war against the west?

I saw that. It was rather even also, in it's objective. It had both good and bad points and was neither for nor against the true aspect of a religion. (Note, I distinguish the religion from the people - to be fair.)

What I really found ironic was that I got it from Demonoid - and it was soon removed from there for religious intolerance. Right next to the download link was a flash animation for "Akhmed the dead terrorist" screaming "SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!!!!" as a ring tone.

Funny how a non-baised yet revealing documentary was removed due to intolerance, but the funny ol' cartoon was left there by the twits.

But anyway, You would note that in Obsession, there were also ex-muslims and current muslims who were against the violent jihadist section of their cult.. (That is what it is, in my opinion. Sorry.)

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Theres no reason for this kind of nonsense against any religeon, not being religeous myself all I can see is , it's done for SHOCK VALUE ONLY.
After all it's like the news shows and the newspapers, they don't sell if they tell the truth, so they publish sensationalist material instead, same as this 'show'. its not done to honour any religeous belief , its just done to shock the audience into 'going to see what the fuss is about'.
Nothing more than that.

Also to remember this just divides the gay and the religious community even more, so it doesn't do good in that sector also.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join