It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transsexual Jesus sparks protests

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well, here's our Lord & Saviour ... (Lady & Saviour ?)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/361b7dfa3b1c.jpg[/atsimg]

Jo Clifford, a M>F transsexual, is both playwright & performer. The play is merely an expression of her own faith, nothing more, it's not about portraying Jesus as a pervert or using this unorthodox presentation to garner the headlines. I do wish people would understand that Jesus wasn't just looking out for Mr. Mrs White Anglo Saxon Protestants, he was looking out for all of us, good, bad, black, white, straight, gay ... and transgendered too.

And with all respect to the demonstrators, they're a pretty rum lot from the Zion Baptist Church, founded by the late and most certainly unlamented Pastor Jack Glass. Remember Pastor Jack, anyone ? He who stood in a Westminster election under the ticket of "Protestant Crusade Against The Papal Visit", the same Pastor Jack who demonstrated when Pope John Paul II made the first ever papal visit to Scotland in 1982.

Heck, even the Reverend Ian Paisley described Pastor Jack as being "a bit of an extremist" ... so that gives you a measure of the man & his followers.

Anyway, back to the play ... this is what it's about ... what's so objectionable ??

Jesus is a transsexual woman. And it is now she walks the earth. This is a play with music that presents her sayings, her miracles, and her testimony. And she does not condemn the gays or the queers or the trans women or the trans men, and no, not the straight women nor the straight men neither. Because she is the Daughter of God, most certainly, and almost as certainly the son also. And God’s child condemns nobody. She can only love...

Jesus Queen of Heaven

Interview with Jo Clifford / The Scotsman

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala
I do wish people would understand that Jesus wasn't just looking out for Mr. Mrs White Anglo Saxon Protestants, he was looking out for all of us, good, bad, black, white, straight, gay ... and transgendered too.

I'm neither christian nor religious but that is untrue!

Christianity is very anti-gay!

a man should not sleep with another man

also sex is only for reproduction, so.............. you know?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

"How do you know it's not creative or inspirational without seeing the play?
You are just going off the facade of the main character

You can't judge the play before watching it
it might be the most creative play on this planet, or the worst
but you can't know before seeing it. "

...The same way I know that a play featuring 2 guys playing
with their private parts , or a bunch of women doing the same
with their breasts , is just pure unadulterated crap.

...go and see a Chekhov play , that is timeless ART !!!!!

[edit on 4-11-2009 by radarloveguy]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bored To Tears
Your opinion is invalid

You can say that all you want. It doesn't make it true. Are you saying that only Christians' opinions are valid here? How about transsexuals? Are their opinions valid? It's strange that you think you can pick and choose people whose opinions are valid. If they agree with you, I suppose they're valid.

Support the Constitution all you want. I'm not sure what the Constitution has to do with anything that happens in Glasgow though.

Jesus... I thought we covered this. The OP mentioned "freedom of expression". Do you see how that might relate to our Constitution?

Originally posted by Bored To Tears
My opinion has been made twice. It is straight forward and easy to understand. I do not see the need to state it a third time.

The only thing you've stated your opinion about is me.
While I'm flattered, you're not addressing the OP.

Originally posted by bastion
Homosexuals have been persecuted by Christians for centuries and the second they put out a play bashing Jesus there's uproar from Christians. You couldn't make it up.

Well-said! And this play isn't even "bashing" Christians. It's just a fantasy about what Jesus could have been like. It's a different take on the man (or woman). It's not bashing Christians, but they just can't take it.

Glasgay! producer Steven Thomson said: "Jesus Queen of Heaven is a literary work of fiction exploring the artist's own personal journey of faith as a transgendered person.

"Glasgay! supports the right to freedom of expression and offers audiences a diverse view of LGBT life.

"This work is not intended to incite or offend anyone of any belief system. However, we respect your right to disagree with that opinion."

Source

Some people are just looking for something to be offended about.

Originally posted by Laurauk
So if they were doing the same play on Allah, would you make the same comments, or would others in here on ATS.

I would absolutely make the same comments. Freedom is freedom. It doesn't see a religion. I accidentally starred your post - meant to hit the quote button.

reply to post by Ulala

That sounds a lot more like the real Jesus was. I wish people of religion would try to remember that. Their earthly religion, made by man, has become much more important than the teachings of Jesus... Sad... :shk:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy
...The same way I know that a play featuring 2 guys playing
with their private parts , or a bunch of women doing the same
with their breasts , is just pure unadulterated crap.

Ummmm............... ya.... ok

I've seen them all
I was a big star trek fan growing up!
I used to try to imitate Chekhov's accent and comb the sides of my hair like captain kirk....

schoolmates used to make fun of me though

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Everyone stand up and scream with joy and glee in your hearts for another Christian bash, I know you guys really love it and how good it makes you feel inside. You know what makes me feel good inside? Knowing those that think this is really funny, and the many other things like it, won't always be laughing. It's to bad I won't be loling, and bashing you, I won't even be aware of your suffering, but you surely will. You can sing that song "it's hot hot hot."

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Its only a religious BASH if you think it is. I don't see it that way. If you try to change an institution that you belong to, by credo or force, ie. our governments are a good example, doing so in a shocking way, to evoke strong reactions and get people talking about it is a very good thing, its called matrix busting. I bet she's a starseed. Kudos.

I repeat, Divine Mother has a wonderful sense of humor and wants us all free and evolving.
But even if you are a christian, I do hope you are a free thinker and ready to shake the fascist elements by being bold in ways yourself.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Unity_99]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Has anyone actually seen Jesus/Yeshi?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

r
Well I don't have anything against transsexuals, gays, or cross dresser, find them fascinating actually, considering in many ancient cultures they were often holy men and shaman.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Or jrock cosplay either, I actually prefer free thinkers.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
[

"I've seen them all
I was a big star trek fan growing up!
I used to try to imitate Chekhov's accent and comb the sides of my hair like captain kirk....

schoolmates used to make fun of me though
"

..... what has Chekhov got to do with Star Trek ?

... go back to school , and this time , try and learn something

[edit on 4-11-2009 by radarloveguy]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It's astounding how some of the users in this thread are able to determine what's art and what's not... So many intelectuals here, I'm so pleased!

Also, if I remember correctly, everyone (and by "everyone" I mean christians) complained when a segment in Family Guy was banned because it showed Mohammed...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I knew addressing you would inflate your ego even more.

Here is my opinion, which has been stated already. By the way this was pretty much addressing anyone that this fits. Your ego led you to believe that it applied to you and you alone.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean its right for you to. The only reason you see it as a perfect valid form of expression is because you are not a christian. Therfor your opinion means nothing as you are biased on the subject. This is nothing more then a kick between the legs of all christians.

Goodbye my big ego, slobbering liberal friend.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

"Jesus is a transsexual woman. And it is now she walks the earth. This is a play with music that presents her sayings, her miracles, and her testimony. And she does not condemn the gays or the queers or the trans women or the trans men, and no, not the straight women nor the straight men neither. Because she is the Daughter of God, most certainly, and almost as certainly the son also. And God’s child condemns nobody. She can only love."

.... no , just a sick puppy .

Please enlighten us all about her "miracles"

... this should be good.....

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Dear oh dear, I am actually amazed by this and a little taken aback, not only is this goes way beyond so called freedom off expression, this is another attack on christian faiths within the UK.

Err actually there is no beyond freedom of expression as long as you are not inciting violence or causing physical harm. But hey if you want to trample over freedoms then go fo rit and one day you will regret it when you are the one who is not allowed to speak.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
Has anyone actually seen Jesus/Yeshi?

You have it wrong deary...Jesus/Yeshua,not Yeshi.
We will soon when He returns!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dthwraith
Everyone stand up and scream with joy and glee in your hearts for another Christian bash, I know you guys really love it and how good it makes you feel inside. You know what makes me feel good inside? Knowing those that think this is really funny, and the many other things like it, won't always be laughing. It's to bad I won't be loling, and bashing you, I won't even be aware of your suffering, but you surely will. You can sing that song "it's hot hot hot."

So, it's okay for you to feel good about all non christians dying a firey and horrible death but it's not alright for non christians to watch a play?

Got it- that makes perfect sense and to be honest I wouldnt expect anything less from christians

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Have you actually seen the play? Or are you having a knee jerk reaction.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It's funny... Cyborg Pirate Ninja Jesus came out and no one complained.
However when it's Transexual Jesus everyone's panties get into a bunch.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by grey580]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Ohhhh, this is great stuff!

I starred and flagged it just so others could get as much of a laugh out of this as I did.

Maybe next they can do a stage play about Raptor Jesus?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join