It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli commandos storm arms ship from Iran bound for Hezbollah

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Do a little reading. Hizbollah is not a Palestinian Orginization.

Palestinians are stateless in Lebanon and are not allowed to work in Lebanon.

The Palestinians in Lebanon where driven over the Lebanese/Israeli Border back in the late 40's. They have been in those camps in Lebanon ever since.

They aren't allowed to work, they aren't allowed civil services, the U.N. is responsible for taking care of them.

Hizbollah provides them some additional civil services.

Hizbollah, like Hamas and Fatah have civic as well as social arms.

Sayyid Muhammad Husayn (Hussein) Fadlallah was born in Najaf, Iraq, in November, 1935, but his roots were in Lebanon. He was the son of the late 'Abd al-Ra'uf Fadlallah, a major Shi'i Muslim cleric from the town of Ainata in southern Lebanon. In the 1980s Fadlallah emerged as one of the leading political figures in Lebanon, where he attracted a wide following in the large Shi'i community, particularly within the ranks of Hizballah (or Hezbollah), the "Party of God." From the pulpit of the Imam Rida mosque in Bir al-'Abd, a suburb of Beirut, Fadlallah's sermons gave shape to the political currents among the Shi'is, especially during the latter half of the 1980s.

Doesn't sound Palestinian to me.

Lebanese Shi'ite Islamist organization. Founded in southern Lebanon in 1982 as a response to Israel's invasion there, its original goals were to drive Israeli troops out of Lebanon and form a Shi'ite Islamic republic similar to that created by the Iranian revolution of 1979. Its political stance, in the main, has been anti-Western, and its members have been implicated in many of the terrorist activities that were perpetrated in Lebanon during the 1980s, including kidnappings, car bombings, and airline hijackings, a number of which were directed at U.S. citizens. It has purportedly received strong material support from Syria and Iran and throughout the 1990s engaged in an intensive guerrilla campaign against Israeli forces in southern Lebanon. At the same time, Hezbollah actively aided the long disfranchised Shi'ite community in Lebanon, providing social services not offered by the government. In the 1990s the party's candidates won seats in Lebanon's parliamentary elections, and the group's leaders have since sought to soften its earlier image. Despite a unilateral withdrawal of Israeli troops from Lebanon in 2000, the party continued sporadic attacks across the Lebanese-Israeli border, and in 2006 it fought a 34-day war with Israel. See also Muhammad Husayn Fadlallah.

Doesn't sound like Palestinians to me!

Muslims, traditionally the weakest religious group in Lebanon, first found their voice in the moderate and largely secular Amal movement. Following the Islamic Revolution in Shīʿite Iran in 1979 and the Israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1982, a group of Lebanese Shīʿite clerics formed Hezbollah with the goal of driving Israel from Lebanon and establishing an Islamic state there. Hezbollah was based in the predominately Shīʿite areas of the Biqāʿ Valley, southern Lebanon, and southern Beirut. It coordinated its efforts closely with Iran, from which it acquired substantial logistical support, and drew its manpower largely from disaffected younger, more radical members of Amal. Throughout the 1980s Hezbollah engaged in increasingly sophisticated attacks against Israel and fought in Lebanon’s civil war (1975–90), repeatedly coming to blows with Amal. During this time, Hezbollah allegedly engaged in terrorist attacks including kidnappings and car bombings, directed predominantly against Westerners, but also established a comprehensive social services network for its supporters.

Doesn't sound like Palistinians to me.

Answer.com, Encyclopedia Britanica and everyone I know who is Lebanese would disagree with you friend.

But hey why let the facts get in the way.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Here are the ground rules if you want to debate this...

Learn some real History first. You haven't a clue about Hizbollah's founding or even the status of Palestinians in Lebanon.

Palestinians in the camps can't even get out of the camps because the camps are ringed by Regular Lebanese Army.

They are not legally allowed to work in Lebanon, they are virtual prisoners in their camps, and there are absolutely no Palestinians in Hizbollah.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Oh and by the way I don't believe in coincidences and today happens to be the Anniversary of the American Embassy being taken hostage by the Students in Iran.

Isn't it funny that an Iranian Arms shipment gets ahem intercepted by Israel the same day.

Can you say con job I bet you can.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
There is a major misunderstanding in prevalent use today.

If you were living in an ever smaller country, being driven to extinction by the government of that country and you fought them with anything you could, then you would be a Freedom Fighter.

How so then that people facing such extinction and fighting to retain some form of self-direction, governance and freedom to pursue life are being called Terrorists?

This governing country uses terrorist activities around the globe and yet claims they are not terrorists while laying the claim that their traditional enemy are, even though the means used are all the people have to fight for the freedom and human rights.

I'm not siding with one country or people's here, just trying to offer a more balanced perception.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Actually, this wasn't an Iranian ship. It was flying under the flag of Antigua.

Israel is perfectly within her rights to stop any ship that tries to bring weapons to her enemies. Those enemies have clearly and repeatedly vowed to wipe Israel off the map, to annihilate all her people. This is an active, ongoing threat, and Israel is entitled to protect herself. Moreover, she'd be utterly foolish not to take action.

No, no one tries to stop ships from supplying Israel. That's mostly because Israel has no policy of exterminating anyone, despite what some people claim. Israel does not target civilians or children. Sometimes innocent civilians are killed during battles, but they are never the targets.

Hezbollah and other terrorist groups, on the other hand, *target* civilians. They send in suicide murderers to kill the unarmed women and children in marketplaces and other public areas, or blindly fire missiles into villages. If Israeli soldiers get killed, it's pure accident.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Of course, you can't get as much sympathy if your actually a productive member of society. Being refugees sells.

So theyve been refugees for 40 years for sympathy..? Because sympathy feeds their kids right? If that were true they would have learned 35 years ago its not damn working so I think there must be another problem.

Originally posted by Tayesin
This governing country uses terrorist activities around the globe and yet claims they are not terrorists while laying the claim that their traditional enemy are, even though the means used are all the people have to fight for the freedom and human rights.

Freedom fighting ceases to be though soon as they kill outside of their borders. Also killing civilians, accident or not. Any Israeli soldater inside their territory is fair game to me, but when they're sending rockets to Sderot and all, well thats purely psychological, to gain attention to their cause, it does them more harm than good (condemnation).

Also Proto, gotta say, while I agree with a lot of what you say you lost a lot of credibility not knowing bill of lading when claiming you have done thousands..?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
No, no one tries to stop ships from supplying Israel. That's mostly because Israel has no policy of exterminating anyone, despite what some people claim. Israel does not target civilians or children. Sometimes innocent civilians are killed during battles, but they are never the targets.

You need to read the quotes of every President and Prime Minister in Israel's short history. It is plain as the words they used from David Ben Gurion onwards. The gyst of it is simply that they intend to exterminate the Palestinians. Sorry I have no links to help you find this.

Originally posted by chiron613
Hezbollah and other terrorist groups, on the other hand, *target* civilians. They send in suicide murderers to kill the unarmed women and children in marketplaces and other public areas, or blindly fire missiles into villages. If Israeli soldiers get killed, it's pure accident.

From what I've seen Israel also kills many civilians, far more than they kill soldiers or freedom fighters. Recent figures supplied by aid agencies were given for the Febuary actions in which over one thousand Palestinians were slaughtered and only a few were combatants, compared to the very low numbers of Israeli's killed that included 10 soldiers. Hence the Goldstone Report.

Sorry no links again.

Perhaps it is best not to side with either the Israelis or Palestinians. It would be better to be Pro-humanity and therefore be able to see both sides of the equation.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Admiralty law (usually referred to as simply admiralty and also referred to as maritime law or Law of the Sea) is a distinct body of law which governs maritime questions and offenses. Under conventions of international law, the flag flown by a ship generally determines the source of law to be applied in admiralty cases, regardless of which court has personal jurisdiction over the parties. This has led some ships to fly flags of convenience.

www.cruiseshiplaw.org...

This means that the country who's flag the ship flies has prime jurisdiction over that ship.

If Israel calls the legal Representative of that country for permission to search that ship and get permission to search they are within maritime law even in international waters
Since this ship was flying the flag of Antigua only Antigua can claim that Israel did anything wrong.
And until Antigua speaks up Israel did nothing wrong in stopping this ship.

So all you Israel haters have no leg to stand on concerning Israel stopping this ship.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
i can see no one cares enough that the M344 A1 anti tank rounds are

SPANISH

and not iranian at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Also Proto, gotta say, while I agree with a lot of what you say you lost a lot of credibility not knowing bill of lading when claiming you have done thousands..?

Yeah but you see I retracted that statement after I actually looked at the evidence in this case and found out I was wrong!

We might need to add 1 more to the thousands of Bills of Laden I have done! Oops Lading! I know that mistake is huge compared to the tiny one of people imagining Hezbollah is Palestinian!

Yep some things are truly unforgivable and some aren't.

Wow I think Israel really has a case here! Pretty clear to anyone looking at the Bill of Laden...oops I mean Bill of Lading that these weapons came from Mr. A!

Disclaimer: This Bill of Laden...oops Bill of Lading is as genuine as the one Israel claims to have found yesterday (not at all genuine)

[edit on 5/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by centurion1211

I would love to actually see you walk up to a Hizbollah Member and tell them they are just a Palestinian.

Perhaps with all your lebanese travel and "connections" and the way you get all emotional defending Hizbollah and attacking Israel, we've all been communicating with a Hizbollah member all along. No need to meet one in person. Ah, the beauty of the internet ...

Actually friend I do business with a lot of Israelis too. Maybe I am Mossad!

Could be.

But from what I've read about Mossad, I don't think they'd be on here posting like you have. They seem to have a high level of professional standards to uphold.

On second thought, if they thought coming on ATS and making anti-Israel diatribes would find a willing audience of so-called palestininan apologists and appeasers, and they could use that to help disguise some operation ...

Hmmm. Based on those assumptions, maybe you really could be Mossad!

Trying to hold it back ...

Trying ....

Damn!

[edit on 11/5/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Well my friend it's just like a few baffled Lebanese confided in me on how any intelligent person who claims to know the region and the history could imagine Shia Hezbollah and Sunni Palestinians are aligned..."People who say those rediculous things get paid to say them" they all said.

Hmmmm? I wonder.

I showed you guys how easy it is to admit a simple mistake.

You showed me just what kind of charachter is involved with people heavily prejudiced and bigotted towards Arabs and Muslims.

I appreciate that thanks!

So the question you really have to ask, is did I make a simple mistake on purpose to test and see? Or did I really make a simple mistake?

Hey looks like a Bill of Lading up there to me!

Full of my purposefully mispelled words!

Can we say forum gang, I bet you can!

[edit on 5/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
Good for Israel. I love reading stories like this, and I particularly love reading the vitriolic, irrational hatred spew from the keyboards of certain ATSers.

How is this 'Good' for Israel?

Once again they make themselves ever MORE unpopular (be that possible)... And people like your good self reveal their ignorance.

I don't know which press you read but could it possibly be Zionist owned/controlled??? Here in Brasil, we heard that the arms were heading to Syria. So where is the crime other than Israel illegally stealing tons of arms from Iran?
It always possible that some of these arms would go to Lebanon but just because the Israeli controlled media 'declares' that this is case, then I would suggest, due to 60 years of unbroken lies and criminality that has been Israel (motto, "By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Wage War") that these claims are taken with an extremely large pinch of salt.

But don't listen to me people, carry on making fools of yourselves.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

You showed me just what kind of charachter is involved with people heavily prejudiced and bigotted towards Arabs and Muslims.

You know there are many wars, acts of terrorism, etc. around the world, and many of those are far from and have nothing to do with Israel, but muslims seem to be involved in most of them.

So, if one were to step back from their dogmatic viewpoints on Israel - even just a little - they might be able to see how it also could be that radical (not all) muslims really do hate the West and that it is THEY who are using Israel as a false flag operation to disguise their real agenda.

Really think about this. Easy to say that there is as much - if not more - evidence for this "theory" as there is for the one you've been sent here to push so hard.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Sorry friend I don't suffer the paranoia of a nation that stole the land they live on and have broken every treaty they have ever signed and then have the sheer audacity to sit around crying how their neighbors don't trust them.

I don't trust Israel either! I don't trust people who don't even know the actual factions in the area either and just create broad sweeping lies for propaganda purposes that they don't even have the integrity to accept the truth when confronted with it.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I don't trust people who don't even know the actual factions in the area either and just create broad sweeping lies for propaganda purposes that they don't even have the integrity to accept the truth when confronted with it.

Then, why keep doing it? If you are just setting yourself up to publicly admit another mistake, well that's old news now - we've seen it all before.

What I'm asking you and the other apologists to do is step back and consider that just maybe there could be something else going on here.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I know exactly what's going on here friend, I actually know which faction is which.

I actually know the History. I watched a group of people on this thread yesterday with dubious reason and intent literally attempt to change real history right before my very eyes to promote blanket bigottry and prejudice.

Unlike some people I have a soul and a heart and a concious and the good sense to know better because I care.

Israel operates a huge internet propaganda network and it's a known and established fact.

It's denigrating to people of intelligence and concious, and I denounce the practice for the decietful and dangerous thing that it is!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I know exactly what's going on here friend, I actually know which faction is which.

So, their indoctrination methods work quite well ...

I actually know the History. I watched a group of people on this thread yesterday with dubious reason and intent literally attempt to change real history right before my very eyes to promote blanket bigottry and prejudice.

It seems you only know a history that you have been spoon fed.

Unlike some people I have a soul and a heart and a concious and the good sense to know better because I care.

Then why not use all those things to step back and consider both sides, rather that continuing on with this sort of blind tunnel vision.

Israel operates a huge internet propaganda network and it's a known and established fact.

A perfect example of the one-sided blindness I just wrote about. You would have us all believe that Israel alone operates "a huge internet propaganda network", when any thinking person realizes that the so-called palestinians, hizbollah, hamas and all the muslim countries facing Israel also operate huge internet propaganda networks.

It's denigrating to people of intelligence and concious, and I denounce the practice for the decietful and dangerous thing that it is!

I agree that what you've been saying here is denigrating to people of intelligence and conscious, and I join with you to denounce the practice for the deceitful and dangerous thing that it is.

[edit on 11/5/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The real question is how many shipments made like this were missed by mossad?

Recently i been hearing news about hamas and hezbollah both have developed long range missiles which can easily hit tel aviv (heart of israel).

Only the next hezbollah/palestinian war will tell us how capable they have become.

While israel can plan how to carpet bomb civillians until than.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by merkava

the missiles paraded around are spanish M344A1 anti tank missiles for us in the USA M40 A2 anti tank RCL

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join