It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli commandos storm arms ship from Iran bound for Hezbollah

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Israeli commandos storm arms ship from Iran bound for Hezbollah

www.haaretz.com

Israeli special forces on Wednesday took control of an Iranian vessel carrying arms intended for Hezbollah in a daring pre-dawn raid not far from Cyprus.

The ship was believed to have set out from Iran and later docked in Yemen and Sudan before sailing through the Suez Canal. Its final destination was believed to be either Syria or Lebanon.

The Antigua-flagged ship was discovered during routine patrols conducted by the Navy, according to a communiqué from the Israel Defense Forces Spokespersons Unit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.israeltoday.co.il
www.imemc.org

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I'm sure a military attack on an Iranian ship will not be taken very well by Iran.
Regardless of the reason for the boarding you pretty much can't believe either side at this point.

Iran no doubt funds Hezbollah but there is also no doubt that Israel is looking for any reason to attack Iran and based on past incidences including the USS liberty the Israeli gov't will even fake stuff in order to spark a conflict.

We will just have to wait and see how this plays out

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I don't see anyone hijacking American ships (or trying to), when they bring aid and military equipment used to kill children to the apartheid State of Israel. The world will get fed up with this puny apartheid State once its tentacles are removed from governments worldwide. Actually, the world is already fed up, its tentacles just haven't been removed yet.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by TSawyer]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Whats the odds that they'll find mahmoud ahmadinejads passport on the boat, and his finger prints all over the missles.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I wonder if Cynthia McKinney was piloting the ship.
Ships such as this are the reason McKinney's ship of fools was rerouted several months ago.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This is complete propaganda and staged.

If you also take a look at CNN's homepage, you'll see a giant sign held by an Iranian protester saying, "DOWN WITH USA!"

This is nothing but psychological warfare on the masses, and to be honest, I think they suck at propaganda.

Do people even fall for this anymore?

It's VERY clear what's happening.

Israel is facing international crime via Goldstone Report, and so the Zionists are running out of time to commit mass murder. Their plan for a world depopulation has failed miserably.

The Elite's plan for Swine Flu is also failing miserably. People are getting smarter, and the Elite remain dumb.

False Flag: 7 Days Max...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I don't think much is going to come of this. Regardless of how much the Israeli government is itching to attack Iran's nuclear facilities, internationally speaking I don't believe anyone will argue with the detention of a ship loaded with weapons bound for what's technically classified as a terrorist organization. Besides, Israel has captured ships with arms coming through the Suez before and aside from some chest thumping, not much by way of repercussions from the arms suppliers. As precarious as the situation in the ME is right now, I would further guess that Iran doesn't want to be seen as an arms smuggler at the moment. Too many int'l eyes watching Tehran. If the arms are theirs, I'd expect quiet deflection more so than overt threats.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So, let me get this right.....

Israel stopped a ship that had ton's of guns/bombs/ammo/rockets headed for terrorists Hamas or Hezbolla.

This is done because persians are far to cowardly to do their own dirty work.

They arm blood-thirst terrorists and let them do their dirty work.

Of course Iran will not complain...

If they do, then they must admit to arming terrorists.....

So, Iran will do/say nothing about being caught arming terrorists.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
and the israelie terrorists do it again

not content with the holocaust in the gaza ghetto they are now carrying out international crimes - adding on going terrorim and piracy to the filthy war crimes list.

something needs to be done about this rogue state.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
and the Israeli terrorists do it again

not content with the holocaust in the gaza ghetto they are now carrying out international crimes - adding on going terrorim and piracy to the filthy war crimes list.

something needs to be done about this rogue state.

Yep, Israel did it again.

It stopped the cowardly Persians from arming the hezbolla terrorists.

READ THE TITLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Israeli commandos storm arms ship from Iran bound for Hezbolla"

BTW, for "YOUR" information, hezbolla terrorists are in Lebanon.

It is the Hamas terrorists that are in Gaza.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

Ben-Yehuda said that the ship had been carrying 40 containers filled with 300 tons of weapons each, all meant for Hezbollah in order to pose a threat to Israel.

haartz

The Israeli military said marines had boarded the 137m (450ft) Francop after its captain agreed to the search and no force was used.

A military spokesperson said: "All the cargo certificates are stamped at the ports of origin and this one was stamped at an Iranian port."

BBC

[edit on 11/4/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
there was talk of a conflict happening before the years out. maybe this is the spark that will light the fire.

i do agree though. the propaganda over the last few weeks, months and year have been utterly sickening. Iran is being made out to be the bad one, when Israel IMHO are a lot worse.

g

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
This is complete propaganda and staged.

If you also take a look at CNN's homepage, you'll see a giant sign held by an Iranian protester saying, "DOWN WITH USA!"

False Flag: 7 Days Max...

7 days?

Iran may rip itself apart sooner than that. More fodder for the CIA supported rallies conspiracy theorists.

Clashes reported at Iranian rally

[edit on 4-11-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Just like the elecation problems Iran had.....

It is:
US's fault
British fault
Israelis fault

Will it be the French's fault next????

So far, the only said is it was arms from Syria to Iran.......

Of course, the port stamp of origin is stamped Iran, but some will continue to ignore that fact.

[edit on 11/4/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Let's see, 300 tons of weapons being smuggled to the Palestinian militants while just yesterday I was reading that the Palestinian people are starving.

Somehow, I think that the Palestinian people are being used as pawns by their own leaders.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Good for Israel. I love reading stories like this, and I particularly love reading the vitriolic, irrational hatred spew from the keyboards of certain ATSers.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

The Palestinian people IMO have been pawns of their leadership since before everyone learned the name "Yasser Arafat." First it was the Jordanians, then it was the PLO, then it was the slightly restructured Palestinian Authority, now it's Hezbollah on the southern Lebanese border and Hamas in Gaza. Not a single one of them truly represented the Palestinians themselves - instead, they used them as good PR and excellent cover. If they did, they'd be using the money they buy Katyusha rockets with to bring in more international aid and try to build some sort of infrastructure for their people; instead, what little infrastructure they have is constantly reduced to rubble because of those very same Katyusha rockets and Israel's inevitable retaliation. A never ending cycle that really makes me pity those poor souls that've never known peace or even a semblance of government that actually cares for them.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Let's see, 300 tons of weapons being smuggled to the Palestinian militants while just yesterday I was reading that the Palestinian people are starving.

Somehow, I think that the Palestinian people are being used as pawns by their own leaders.

Too bad you aren't reading today Hizbollah is in Lebanon not Palestine.

Makes me wonder what it was you read again yesterday?

Throw cheap shots much?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
First for all those confused ready to latch on to any Down with the Palestinian platform they can find.

Hizbollah is in Lebanon not Gaza or the West Bank. Learn to read people not that many of you are particuarly interested or troubled by facts.

Second Laws of the Sea apply. If this is an Iranian Flagged Vessel and Israel didn't prize it, Israel has broken the law as well as comitting and act of war.

Doesn't matter what you think about the conflict or whose side your on or whether you condone it or not Maritime Law and the Laws of War are pretty precise.

If Israel prizes the ship, they have to do it at the Court in the Hauge. If they don't they broke International Law.

Russia by the way interdicts Israeli shipments of weapons into Georgia too folks.

So anyone thinking Israel doesn't export weapons guess again.

This however has nothing to do with Palestine it's about Hizbollah and Lebanon.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Found this on yahoo world news. Appearently the ship carried "hundreds of tons of weapons from Iran bound for Lebanon." Also "The Israeli military said an Iranian document was found on board, showing that the shipment originated from Iran, although the paper was NOT shown to reporters."

What a load of crap. That's the US media for ya. Nobody likes a liar, Israel. American support is dwindling, WE ARE TIRED OF SIGNING ALL YOUR CHECKS!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Here is the movie of what was caught on board. It is from IDF, so of course you can disregard it - but the fact is that Hizballah has weapons it does not produce. So they have to arrive from somewhere. And Iraq/Turkey/Saudi rout is closed.
www.jpost.com...
Edit:
Here is Youtube link
www.youtube.com...
And i find it strange that writings on weapons are in English. Maybe Iran payed for it - but i doubt it was made in Iran. Or it is some kind of standart to write in English??

[edit on 4-11-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join