It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The god complex.....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I have noted that some who were raised by overly permissive parents tend to dislike those who, later in adult life, deny them the same excessive sum of latitude.

It may be a kind of leftover spoiled brat syndrome... where after a childhood of rarely hearing the word 'no' or being held responsible for their own actions, simply carry on in the same assumptive arrogance.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well you just described my boss and Im not just saying that. I was thinking of this last wk after he fired me for no reason and then had to apologize to me per the owner..
This man is so full of himself and his own ideas are the only ones and nobody else matters. Its odd to hear him speak because the way he says things is just so out there. Its like he is a God and we are his little minions. He has the biggest ego and doesnt like to admit when he is wrong. It was very evident when he half apologized to me. I was thinking about doing a thread on this complex but I havent had time with the other ones Im working on. Glad to see someone did!

I know a few people like this, mostly men though. I wonder if its seen more in men or women? It also seems the few people I know with this have been like this most of their lives. I dont know of any trauma either of them suffered, a couple were catered to their entire lives and they think they are entitled, they think they are above others. Its so obvious to others but to them they are oblivious.

S&F

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

All I can think of is "compensating for a lack of something". In Afrikaans we have a saying which is called "klein-mannetjie syndroom" which means "small-man's syndrome" and does not always refer to their lack of height.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Thank you for your contribution. Well said.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

THE ABOVE TOP SECRET THEME SONG!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Hmm. One that apologized. I would of loved to have heard him. lol.

Great question. I am not sure which gender. Most of the ones I have seen are men also. There may be something to that. Nice observation.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Small man syndrome. Maybe your on to something there. That could be a reason. Very well done.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I think that is wrong though. I think the elite are trained when they are young like this. They must have everything, and society has gone that way for everyone.

I am not sure if females can also be labeled this, but they sure are bad losers, alot worse than males.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Beast1333

That was excellent! Thank you for the post. Yes I would agree 100%. The one's who keep all that secret definitely have a god complex.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
reply to post by Beast1333

That was excellent! Thank you for the post. Yes I would agree 100%. The one's who keep all that secret definitely have a god complex.

Who are you replying to, cannot find any beast1333 poster here, lol.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Trained to have a god complex. Very, very interesting. That could definitely be a reason. Yes I agree it is wrong.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Mods must have removed it. It was just a youtube video about a rap song called above top secret.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well off to work for me. Please keep posting your thoughts on the subject and I will be back after work to reply to all. Thanks to the ones that have already posted, you guys are really making me use the old cranium.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Trained to have a god complex. Very, very interesting. That could definitely be a reason. Yes I agree it is wrong.

Yep i think the elites are trained like this as kids, and from what you learn about them, people like george bush and prince charles must of been treated like it.

I would go so far and say that god complex, is something that is quite common. You have to really have it as a teenager really don't you.

So i doubt its not as such a minority as people think.

We all live in our own worlds and i think god complex is just a side product of this. But like i said the elites i think are trained like this as kids, and probably all through there lifes.

Like i asked before in other threads. When do you guys think obama first wanted to be president. I wonder does he even know?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by redoubt

I think that is wrong though. I think the elite are trained when they are young like this. They must have everything, and society has gone that way for everyone.

I am not sure if females can also be labeled this, but they sure are bad losers, alot worse than males.

The female is certainly the deadlier of the species and to be sure, more results-driven when it comes to certain things.

We are a nation of the privileged where sons of important fathers get off when committing the same crime that sent the son of a poor man to prison for life... for smoking a joint or pointing out how unjust the injustices can be.

The view is better once you detach your brain from the input you get in places like this. Independently, we can see just how it all works... like a cut-away of a Dodge hemi...

[edit on 4-11-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
God is very complex , and he has a complex of mansions,
to be seen to be beleived .

...as for the neurological condition ,

seems to be directly related to the size of one's bank account.

... the bigger , .... the greater !!!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Agree 100%.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

That could be also, but I have met a few people who are loaded and still down to earth.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

If you have any other reasoning for god complex please post your thoughts and reasoning as to why. Thanks again.

To me it's a complete misnomer.

They are describing ego-centric individuals... not super-ego-centric individuals...

Now THAT would be a God complex.

But not this....

Honestly every Autotheist I have ever met believed that not only were they God, but so was everyone else.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Sure.... why not?

I rule. You all suck. End.

Do I believe it? When it suits me.

And acting is the greatest profession known to man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join