It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crime-Plagued City Turns to Big Brother

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Crime-Plagued City Turns to Big Brother

www.cbsnews.com

Like this story?
Share the story on Facebook

Photo

More than 160 cameras keep constant vigil over Lancaster, Pa., which had the 9th highest rate of violent crime in 2008. Is it a solid law enforcement tool or a violation of privacy? Daniel Sieberg reports. (CBS)

Interactive

Crime Beat

Statistics and specifics on crime in America.
(CBS) Despite its tranquil Dutch country image, Lancaster, Pa., has a crime problem. Among cities its size, Lancaster had the 9th highest....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.facebook.com
articles.lancasteronline.com
stopthecameras.com

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
This is a gross invasion of privacy. We are supposed to be guanteed privacy in the USA. Most of us are aware that one by one our rights are being stripped but this is absurd. Being constantly watched like this would make me so paranoid. Gone are the times now where you can pick your nose or fix a wedgie without being watched for it.

Like so many people that oppose these are saying, what is going to stop the abuses. Now you can be watched doing anything. This is highly disturbing.

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
They could watch me pack my bags and put Lancaster in my rear view mirror.

Have to wonder how many of those committing the crimes are out on probation instead of in prison where they belong.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This first police state fuelled by big brother lore will be Rio De Janeiro before the Olympics. The crime rate over there is alarming and backed by the NAU this is going to happen.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
They even state in the article that the crime rate has not gone down. This goes to prove that this is more sinister than it appears on the surface. I agree with the rearview mirror comment to. LOL.

new topics

top topics

join