It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Policeman Shoots Five Soldiers Dead

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This thread has been reopened.

There will be no more personal attacks, attempted trolling, and other assorted nonsense.

No further nonsense will be tolerated.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Ok now that we've all calmed down.

Back on topic.

how do you think the UK army will succeed in tracking down this murderer?

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

sorry dude, i wont attack the poster no matter on how much i disagree.

i dint feel it was an attack tho however its your call.

i'll try and keep it more civil.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

no ideas but i do hope they find him soon.

i hope if he runs to a village are city, they dont house him and hide him.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
My respect to these fallen heroes and their family.

I have faith that the individual responsible will get what's coming to him and then some.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

These men were in a security check point where they had been living for the past few weeks it is ment to be secure, it is ment to be a place were they can take of there armour and relax for a while. Before going back out and risk there lives again. they had also been living with the men of the afgan police, who they were training, for as long if not longer than they were living there.

the soldiers were not to blame for the surprise attack of one or two men in side the one place of relitave safety they had. and you calling the brave men, who have died trying to help not only our coutry but Afganistan aswell, stupid is insulting and very disrespectful to these men and all the armed services currently serving.

my heart goes out to the familys of these men.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by shmo5]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I'd do the same thing to whoever violently occupied my nation.

War is hell.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Welcome to the 21st century Vietnam, good luck to the occupation, and good luck to the resistance. In this kind of situation where no one agrees, just say luck to all sides and let them unleash the beast within all of us. After all the international law doesn't work anymore.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The Coalition of the Willing are fighting two wars that they cannot win. Until we pull out of these regions, our soldiers will be targets for betrayers like these. It is sad enough that Afghans and Iraqis are willing to kill each other to achieve their political goals, but to murder people who are actually trying to help your own country stabilise and be safer is pretty bad.

I find it very interesting how reports like these draw very little attention and criticism from certain ATS members. When it is Western forces that are the aggressors, the event cannot be highlighted enough. When the other side does it, it is seen as "defensive" and is the fault of the West.

[edit on 5/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
No offense, but this is a war, and that is realistically what you get when you invade someone's home country and do to it what the US and its "allies" have done to it.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The papers suggest that now the SAS AND the SBS are hunting for the assassin.

Unlucky for him eh?

www.mirror.co.uk...

[edit on 5-11-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Was listening to a Brit on the radio earlier familiar with Afghanistan. She reckoned the security situation was the worst she'd ever known it, far worse than her time there during the USSR occupation! Doesn't sound too promising for the the future and we've been there for many years already.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The bottom line is, it's War. This kind of stuff is to be expected. All that matters is that five soldiers died, it doesn't make a hoot of difference how. Did they die in the name of a worthy cause? Now THAT is the issue here. What is the end game? No-one believes that this new prez over there will fart rainbows and solve all the problems and that the troops will be brought home.

This can only end one way, and that is the same way it has ended for every other country that has tried to do the same thing in Afghanistan - leaving in shame.

On a completely unrelated note, this Adventure Rider thread has some incredible pix of the area, not where the fighting is taking place but the rugged northern parts close to the border.

www.advrider.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I read about this in the paper today, terrible thing to happen to 5 young guys trying to do their job. The thing that shocked me in the article was an assertion that as many as 80% of the afghan police force have an active heroin addiction. That seems shocking to me and I would think would lead to these addict policemen being fairly easy to manipulate or corrupt.

But there are other reasons why this could have happened. For one thing, the level of drug-taking within the Afghan police is incredibly high – it's thought that around 80% have an active heroin addiction – and it's possible that the gunman was simply high on drugs. That happens all over Helmand.

Source

That's a pretty good read from a military guy if a little depressing somehow.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy I admire the Afghan people for standing up to the US and other countries and protecting their culture. Most of the tribes and people just want to be left alone.

What I find disgusting is that the west and Americans and others view the Taliban as archaic, barbaric, savages. We look down on their culture in utter disgust for the so called evilness that it represents. But did Native Americans treat women or each other any better? Did the Mayans? The Aztecs or countless cultures across the span of the last 1000 years? I mean come on. If Americans witnessed half of the atrocities Aztec and Mayan civilizations perpetuated against their own people and enemies they'd throw up. Yet we admire their culture hundreds of years later. What's the difference between human sacrifice and cutting off someone's head for sharia law?

I honestly have to say this is the silliest post I have seen in over a week. You obviously have no idea of what you speak. The Afghani people are not the taliban, and the taliban are not the "afghani" people. Start there. May I ask, do you know how the Aztec/Mayan women were treated? Who are you to know such intimate details? Is living in the past "archaic?" or is this just a made up word? Countless cultures with the religious fundamentalist zeal of the taliban? Please name 3. Also, why "If Americans witnessed half the atrocities...they would throw up" what about the other half? Is it really half or more like 34% of atrocities? Let's not nitpick here. And who again is doing the admiring? Give me 4 names. Your final question simply proves that you have not thought about this issue for more than a minute. Geeze. God Bless the men who died.

ColoradoJens

[edit on 5-11-2009 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

This is a tragic incident to happen. My thoughts go out to the lads colleagues and families.

Two of these were from my old unit, and the other three a unit i worked with for a long time. You couldn't wish for a more professional bunch.

Reports on the news say they are unsure if this is just a one off an example of the feeling of the Afghan police towards the British army there.

What a horrendous job, not only dealing with the crap outside the base, but also not knowing whether or not the supposedly friendly Afghan you've trained will turn on you or not.

I guess it was not unexpected that this could happen, but it's still more deaths that will add fuel to the fire with the anti-war crowd.

Sad thing is, the Brits (and the other coallition troops) will be back doing the same job today without question. Rightly so, because they are like that, but i will be raising an extra glass tonight for the lads that died today.

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/11/09 by CX]

Raise your glass by all means but don't think this is a one-off incident.
The white man is not welcome in Afganistan. This incident only highlights it.
We should not be there...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join