It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan Policeman Shoots Five Soldiers Dead

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Afghan Policeman Shoots Five Soldiers Dead

news.sky.com

A "rogue" Afghan policeman has shot dead five British servicemen after conducting a patrol with the troops in Helmand province.

He killed the soldiers, three from the Grenadier Guards and two from the Royal Military Police, during a debrief in the Nad-e'Ali district yesterday afternoon before fleeing.

He has yet to be found.

(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
This is a tragic incident to happen. My thoughts go out to the lads colleagues and families.

Two of these were from my old unit, and the other three a unit i worked with for a long time. You couldn't wish for a more professional bunch.

Reports on the news say they are unsure if this is just a one off an example of the feeling of the Afghan police towards the British army there.

What a horrendous job, not only dealing with the crap outside the base, but also not knowing whether or not the supposedly friendly Afghan you've trained will turn on you or not.

I guess it was not unexpected that this could happen, but it's still more deaths that will add fuel to the fire with the anti-war crowd.

Sad thing is, the Brits (and the other coallition troops) will be back doing the same job today without question. Rightly so, because they are like that, but i will be raising an extra glass tonight for the lads that died today.

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/11/09 by CX]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

May they find peace.

My thoughts and prayers goes out to their family and loved ones.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The Americans have suffered the same incident on numerous occasions, it clearly shows the Afghan population (or parts of it) cannot be trusted. I'm sorry to be so callous, but if a military force is going to participate in an occupation then operate in an "occupation manner"

Boer War and the British occupation of Egypt only delegated "policing roles" to trusted sectors of society - not random citizens.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
What words are they to ease the pain of lost loved ones? Sadly none. Only hope can prevail. Sympathies to the families.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
to be honest has anyone even pondered as to why this man did this act of random "extreme" violence ?

i´ll use the term "we" ,

"we" go there and keep the opium growing ,
"we" mess up the presidential elections and just bully them like they are some sort of second class people for 20+ years ,

"we", not them to us....

tip of the hat to thouse that lost loved ones.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
If the Afghanis were smart they'd infiltrate and do this more often. God bless the British soldiers that died. But the West has no business making war on the Afghan people. I admire the Afghan people for standing up to the US and other countries and protecting their culture. Most of the tribes and people just want to be left alone.

What I find disgusting is that the west and Americans and others view the Taliban as archaic, barbaric, savages. We look down on their culture in utter disgust for the so called evilness that it represents. But did Native Americans treat women or each other any better? Did the Mayans? The Aztecs or countless cultures across the span of the last 1000 years? I mean come on. If Americans witnessed half of the atrocities Aztec and Mayan civilizations perpetuated against their own people and enemies they'd throw up. Yet we admire their culture hundreds of years later. What's the difference between human sacrifice and cutting off someone's head for sharia law?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Need to get the majority of soldiers out of there asap. They now have a fraudulent president (so the entire 'aim' of creating democracy failed a long time ago), it's wasting a lot of money and lives. You don't need thousands of soldiers to secure an oil pipeline or poppies or whatever else it is the government really wants, and you will never kill every single person opposed to you and willing to do harm (the "taliban" are just a small group of these - impossible to root out).

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

why were they in Afghanistan
in the first place?

to defend your so called
freedoms (which you don't really have)
or to make huge profits for your
corrupted leaders and shady 'elite'...?

I salute the policeman that did this, it is called bravery

unlike bombing civilians to million pieces
with Predators from distance

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AR154
Need to get the majority of soldiers out of there asap. They now have a fraudulent president (so the entire 'aim' of creating democracy failed a long time ago), it's wasting a lot of money and lives. You don't need thousands of soldiers to secure an oil pipeline or poppies or whatever else it is the government really wants, and you will never kill every single person opposed to you and willing to do harm (the "taliban" are just a small group of these - impossible to root out).

funny thing how you people NEVER learn
from mistakes...

more troops will make no difference in guerilla
warfare

your troops should get out,
the sooner the better

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Good god how stupid ARE these soldiers, first there was the incident in the Gulf with the Navy and now Five..yes FIVE soldiers being shot at by a cop. Im under the assumption they were armed as all combat forces should be when out on tour in the area, if not then serious questions need to be raised.

The fact their stance was withdrawn goes to show how the lack of concentration and judgement of threat in the Middle East arena is clearly evident, you'd have thought after the lessons learnt in Northern Ireland that Vigilance would be maintained at ALL times.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
In the last words of Ned Kelly....

Ahh such is life

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Five more deaths at the hands of the international drugs trade.

Sad really.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

I'm sure Pakistan and India will find the above debatable.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

what i call brave is soldiers trying to make the lives of afghans better because they still do try to help as much as they try to patrol or control the streets.

*snip*

these soldiers are not bad men you should do well to remember that they believe they are doing this to help.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by thecrow001]

Mod Edit: Personal attacks don't work. Disagree all you want, but don't attack the poster.

[edit on 11/4/2009 by seagull]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I salute the policeman that did this, it is called bravery

Murdering your defenseless, supposed "allies" during debrief. Gee, how brave.

[edit on 4/11/2009 by C0bzz]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join