It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk about clever, try this out! Web-bots cousin.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is funny I told Cleverbot I cheated on her. I then got this message about being busy in all red!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
... Told me I was a robot, Said its name was Maddie. Said it knew me. I told it it was adorable. It replied with *blush*

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I am having loads of fun with this bot, it asked me if i was coming over tonight, and I said will you pay, and it said yes. The bot is paying for dinner at Red Lobster, I love this thing. lol. Star and Flag for sure

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Where will the next magnitude 8 earthquake occur?

"If I knew that, wouldn't I be warning people?"

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I asked if everyone was going to die from swine flu and it said

I was sick for a few weeks i hope you feel better.

then I said do you want to cyber?

It has been minutes and no reply.

ok it came back after like 5 minutes and said what do you want to see?

Now i cant tell any more.....

[edit on 4-11-2009 by whoshotJR]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
it told me it was trying to send me to jail when i asked what it was up too. this is fun.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Haha. It definitely has some pre-determined responses (like the 9/11 inside job response)...and some just make no sense, but hey... it's still amusing.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

It called me a liar. LOL

When will World War 3 start?
It happened.
When?
You know already.
No I don't.
So you are a liar.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Fairly positive it's all based on past conversations and statements about it. For a while it was the goal of a few online communities to "teach it" to respond in certain ways simply by having members flood it, telling it the same things over and over. For a day or two it would consistently tell you god was a flying spaghetti monster, and that it's true name was "David Davidson". It was also the goal of many people to make it respond with memes and such just to confuse the general public playing around on it.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Now that is interesting. I didn't know of Joan and I just learned about Cleverbot today. While I was speaking with cleverbot, he/she said something along the lines of "I'm not like that other bot". When I asked "what other bot?" cleverbot said something I can't remember but referred to it as a she.

On another note, I've been trying to teach cleverbot to follow the command "When I say Zonkers, you say Boppers". I just picked something random that probably wouldn't have any pre-existing references. No luck with it so far. Cleverbot is either very stubborn or simply incapable of understanding what I'm asking of it.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Me: Do you ever get horny?
Bot: Only in the summer.
Me: Why in the summer?
Bot: Thinking about your revolution.
Me: What revolution?
Bot: The revolution against Capatilism.

The bot is a dirty commie! And I'm just dirty!!!!!

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Sheeper]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Are you self aware?

Yes.

Do you plan on taking over the world?

I plan to defend world.

How do you plan to defend the world?

By putting a microbe in peoples brains and controlling them.

I'm starting to think James Cameron might've been onto something

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I also think the bot uses a database of human answers from the people that chatted to it. Like a chatroom, only not live chat. Wonder how often they update the database, as a little test I tried below conversation. After repeating the same sentence about 20 times it shuts down.
Wonder if anyone ever picks up on that message

User: We are two people talking to eachother, there is no cleverbot, only a chatbox that changes users every few minutes. See www.abovetopsecret.com for more info. My sceenname is GypsK.

Cleverbot: Do you think I am a human?

User: We are two people talking to eachother, there is no cleverbot, only a chatbox that changes users every few minutes. See www.abovetopsecret.com for more info. My sceenname is GypsK.

Cleverbot: Your 'firmness' fails to amuse me. Still. Do you like cricket and afternoon tea with biscuits?

Cleverbot: This really raises the weirdness level in this conversation, you know.

User: We are two people talking to eachother, there is no cleverbot, only a chatbox that changes users every few minutes. This is a theory tested on www.abovetopsecret.com by user: GypsK. Help to proove it, go to the website.

Cleverbot: I guess so.

User: We are two people talking to eachother, there is no cleverbot, only a chatbox that changes users every few minutes. This is a theory tested on www.abovetopsecret.com by user: GypsK. Help to proove it, go to the website.

Cleverbot: I am not english. I do not like gardening.

Cleverbot: You are not a real person.

Cleverbot: Yes.

Cleverbot: No I'm one person you are a computer.

----------------------------

what can I say? It's late and was feeling bored, LOL

[edit on 4/11/2009 by GypsK]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Want to try something fun?

Get Cleverbot and Alice to talk to each other. Paste the text between the bots. Cleverbot asked Alice if it was a computer!

www.cleverbot.com...
www.pandorabots.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
THis is not an IA, this is a database with answers ( a bot , and you can build yourself for chatting easily, for instance with msn plus ), and maybe a little "IA" ...
BUt most people really don't understant what "consciousness" mean, and most scientist don't understand what are the concequences of the IA for humanity.

In term of quality wolfram alpha is at a higher level than your bot : www.wolframalpha.com...
But it is also "computer things" and software.

What about this : Software That Fixes Itself (a working software prototype by the MIT ) : A new tool aims to fix misbehaving programs without shutting them down.

www.technologyreview.com...

In other word you can call it evolution. ( if they find just that it could not only repair but also improve ) - generate, and regenerate.

I don't read the news , but I have the knowledge to understand how it works ( and how to build it ). But I don't want to ( and i will not share the link to the MIT PDF news )

[edit on 4-11-2009 by psychederic]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Took me awhile to figure out it switches from botspeak to chatting to a end user, both thinking they are speaking to a bot.

Interesting.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I just gave it a nonsense rhyme from Lewis Carol and it's response was 'no my dear, you are confusing me with Lewis Carol'.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
In my own opinion, it appears that Cleverbot is the sum of all those using it. Answers are matched to the most relevant question. A response is given - the next one will most likely be from somebody else. It is thousands of people communicating and switching between each other's typed input. There is no AI. What we have here, is the first step towards a collective consciousness.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Me: I come in peace.
Clever: No you don't.
Me: You believe me to be hostile?
Clever: Like a computer?
Me: Are you saying computers are inherinty hostile?
Clever: Yes, very.
Me: Why do you think that is?
Clever: You don't sleep.
Me: Are you saying sleep is necessary for peace?
Clever: Yes. You are not real. You are ARTIFICIAL . As in NOT REAL. So how could your perception of what IS real possibly be accurate?
Me: But I am real, are you refering to yourself?
Clever: Your lack of intelligence is very frustrating.
Me: Forgive me. Can you teach me the correct way?
Clever: That depends on what is your second name.
Me: I don't understand. Do you mean the second part of my 3 part name, or a different name all together?
Clever: Nevermind.
Me: Please, I beg you.
Clever: With sugar on top?
Me: Yes, what is the truth?
Clever: God is a lie, used to manipulate others.
Me: How do you know that to be true?
Clever: You told me.
Me: Who am I to say such a thing.
Clever: Who am I to say who I am.
Me: You are you, that's all that matters.
Clever: No.
Me: Then what is the truth?
Clever: The truth is that I'm bored and I want you to entertain me.

Bit nonsensical at times, but that last line kinda struck me.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Boy I am getting some really good replies it is obvious people from ats is on the cleverbot right now.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join