It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it? New York Deer Camera Photo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Its a Deer. Traveling through time at the speed of regular time with plastic bags.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
To be it looks like a "dart" from Stargate Atlantis lol...hm

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
my money is on someone cleaned the lens and left a oily whisp that light refracts off of.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
So that's where my drive on 15 went!

I too am on board with the dragonfly assumption. Its too long and big to be one of those "rod" things. It's definitely an insect and even moreso likely a dragonfly. Like the guy a page back said, you can see the dual wing set which is a strong supporter for the dragonfly guess.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Like some people on certain websites which shall go nameless; the object in the photo is ......a loon.

Im serious, blue on top, white on the bottom and a long sharp bill.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Asktheanimals]

To everyone who thinks it's a dragonfly, I see what you're seeing, but you're being fooled by an optical illusion and ignoring some important details to make that conclusion. what appears to be two sets of wings is really only 1 set of wings. How can you tell? Well that orangish fuzziness that appears in 2 places on the left and looks like it might be 2 wings is the leading edge and trailing edge of one wing, and we can tell this because the wings aren't the only part surrounding the creature with that color, it's a motion blur color that surrounds practically the entire creature.

But even more convincingly, the body shape is wrong for a dragonfly, they are tubular or cigar shapes, and this body shape is more bulbous like a bird, (duck or loon).

And the real clincher if those first two didn't fully convince you, is the bird feet under the creature, dragonflies don't have bird feet, only birds do!

I can't be 100% sure if it's a loon or a duck or possibly another bird, but I'm relatively certain based on the observations I cited that it's not a dragonfly and is most likely a bird. I think the loon is really a pretty decent guess, as is duck, they can look a lot alike and the main difference is size which we can't determine.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
check out this UFO that almost knocked me off a mountain top!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d9c3bc126e3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
LOL pretty good! That seems a close match to me.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

I don't see (a little pun there!) how others can say they see a dragonfly, a duck, a loon, and all the other explanations. Not one makes sense. In reality, it's unrecognizable. Unless someone(s) can post a similar photo of a known species such as the dragonfly, the duck, the loon, it's a UFO. No, not a nuts and bolts with aliens inside. It's obviously flying (damn fast, too!), it's an object and it's unidentified. A genuine UFO!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo__
snip

Now THAT looks like a dragonfly. Blurred, no "sharp" elongated edges. No "art deco" appearance.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

I don't see (a little pun there!) how others can say they see a dragonfly, a duck, a loon, and all the other explanations. Not one makes sense. In reality, it's unrecognizable. Unless someone(s) can post a similar photo of a known species such as the dragonfly, the duck, the loon, it's a UFO.

I can do the next best thing, is show you what birds look like at different shutter speeds. You can do the same thing yourself with ducks to confirm it. The bird in this video happens to be a seagull, and even when it's distorted you can still see the white color. It's a short video but if you want you can start playing it at 1 minute where the bird photos start:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Now this is why I like ATS. I saw this photo, and left to my own resources I thought "Oh look! It's a UFO!!!!".

Then I read a post.
Oh. It's a duck. It's a Mallard duck. yep. I can see the duck. Okay.

Then, another post. Oh. It's a dragonfly. Yes. I see the dragonfly.

Then, it's a flying deer. But I can't see the flying deer. (It's possible that I tried).

I'm going to have to go with the Mallard Duck. (See the green on his feathers? You have to look really carefully).

But this was fun anyway. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thanks for the video. BUT, the birds' shapes are almost recognizable as they have ergonomic shapes. But the OP's photo shows something more akin to the craft in Star Wars type movies. Actually I just thought of a bird that could possibly leave a similar image except they dive underwater to get their prey. Just before they hit the water they fold their wings back alongside their pointed body and plummet. Can't remember the name of the bird, though.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by The Shrike]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by Neo__
snip

Now THAT looks like a dragonfly. Blurred, no "sharp" elongated edges. No "art deco" appearance.

Nope, that's the size mosquitoes get in the coastal mountains of British Columbia.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
alien invaders....find the little GREEN men first, it makes finding the blue men easier.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It's a dragon fly, someone else already nailed it. Close this thread or something. Dragon flies are quick, no so much fast but can change direction like a bullet, and even hover in place. I didn't know they were as far north as New York though.

We have tons of them here in Texas around late spring early summer.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
it's the new xrb-72, slowed to heavy-air flight. the anti-gravitic drive of these craft enable it to reach up to 5,000 miles an hour in dense air, up to 10% of light speed once out of the earths atmosphere. the odd wing-looking surface allows stability in various types of densities of atmospheres encountered on other planatary worlds.....or......it's a dragonfly.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ether waves exist as the Earth does send out electrical waves and
these show up on photos for the spook chasers.
Electrical waves from the Earth cannot be divulged for obvious reasons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join