It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Warning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
goldswitzerland.com...

The severe problems that the world economy and financial system have experienced in the last couple of years will seem like a walk in the park compared to what will happen in the next couple of years.

For the investors who haven’t yet protected themselves, let us tell you that you are very lucky. You are lucky that you have been given yet one more chance to protect yourself. But let us be very clear, you have a very short time to put your house in order. Because during the month of November the events that we outlined in our Newsletter “A Shocking Fall” are going to start to unfold.
Dollar down and Gold up

Starting in November, we are likely to see the dollar falling precipitously and stockmarkets turning down after this bear market correction. We will see the bond market falling and especially long term interest rates going up. And most importantly gold will start to move up very strongly.

We have since 2002 advised our investors to protect themselves by buying physical gold and store it outside the banking system. Gold has since gained more than 250%. Also, in the last ten years the Dow Jones has moved down 80% against gold. Most world stockmarkets have had similar falls against gold. So in real terms the stockmarket has been a very poor investment. We expect the Dow to fall another 90% against gold in the next few years.
The party is over

Earlier this year we said that a 50% correction is totally normal in a bear market and that would take the Dow to 10,300 which could happen by early November. Stockmarket investors have been given an incredible gift in the last seven months but the party is now over. Most investors will not realise this until it is too late. They will hang on to their shares for a long time yet and follow the market most of the way down. In our view, the only stocks worth holding are precious metals stocks which are grossly undervalued and will benefit from a very strong rise in gold.

The next few years will be devastating for the world economy, for the financial system and for private lives. We have outlined this scenario in our newsletters and commentaries for a long time.

The majority of people are short sighted and believe the economy has improved because governments have printed trillions of Dollars, Pounds, Euros etc that they call money. But let us be very clear, you can’t abolish poverty by printing paper and you can’t solve the world’s enormous debt problem by exacerbating it. These debts will never be repaid with normal money, not today and not tomorrow – NEVER!
Still time for protection

In the next few weeks until some time in November, investors can still protect themselves by selling their stockmarket investments and buying gold at reasonable prices. Gold at $1,050-60 will be seen as the bargain of a lifetime in the next 12-24 months. But remember that the main reason for buying gold is to protect yourself from the destruction of paper money and assets that will take place in the next few years. Many countries, including the US and the UK will have a hyperinflationary depression which will change the face of the world as we know it today.

So physical gold (and silver) stored outside the banking system is your best protection.

Matterhorn Asset Management has set up a separate Gold Division called GoldSwitzerland (www.goldswitzerland.com) in order for investors to purchase physical gold at very competitive prices and store it in their own name in Zurich, Switzerland outside the banking system and with personal access to their own gold bars.
22nd October

Gold Switzerland - Matterhorn Asset Management

I couldnt have said it better myself.

Take note Ive been reading this from many investment and stock market sites over the last 2 weeks. Seems they are in a consensus that the market is about to flop.

Removed All Caps from title

[edit on 4/11/09 by masqua]

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well -- no offense -- but of course you will be reading it. They are, after all, trying to sell you gold.

What would you expect them to say?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
We'll all jsut have to wait n see..nothing else we can do. Only a select few, know whats goin on. Unfortuanly, im sure Bush knows as well, and is safe n protected. time will tell.

link   

Originally posted by Oscitate
Well -- no offense -- but of course you will be reading it. They are, after all, trying to sell you gold.

In the end doesn't gold become the ultimate bubble? Especially in today's crazy derivative based market - more gold futures sold each year than all the gold ever mined. Inflate the price while hyping it then flood the market with paper gold and drive the investers out leaving their money for the market makers.

link   

What he said.

If this hysteria keeps up, gold is going to be the next commodity bubble.

Ironic, if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I made a point to comment on the fact that I have been reading this everywhere but somehow that comment was missed.

I have been reading this same warning from many, I mean MEANY sites. Not just gold sellers.

Investment firms (those who deal in stock exchange for profit) have been saying get out of the market now while you can.

Do you not find it odd that a company whos sole profit comes from the trading of stock is asking it's customers to stop trading, therefore ruining it's profit margin?

I am disappointed I had to explain that.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by urwatu8

In the end doesn't gold become the ultimate bubble? Especially in today's crazy derivative based market - more gold futures sold each year than all the gold ever mined. Inflate the price while hyping it then flood the market with paper gold and drive the investers out leaving their money for the market makers.

Bingo! When they learn how to eat gold it will hold it's current value, otherwise it's going down. The real gold will be wheat, corn and rice.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

So, say the economy does crash...and there are food shortages. How valuable will that gold be? How are you going to buy food at a reasonable price with gold? Food will be King...and there will be a barter system.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Tentickles is right on the money IMO.
Barclays have stated that they expect a mid term price for gold at USD 1600 and some houses are quoting over 2000 in the next couple of yrs.
I have seen some qoutes of USD 5000 by 2012.

DYOR.

When TSHTF gold and silver coins will come into their own as a means for bartering for luxuries and essentials alike, In times of despair and uncertainty, It has been like that for 1000's of yrs and it is not going to change now.

It is not that Gold is becoming more expensive, it is that the dollar is getting weaker and therefore the dollar price of gold must rise. All of that inflation is hidden in the stock market at the moment and when we suddenly raealise that these companies are not worth the price tag, the markets will crash and inflation will rocket along with the price of gold.

It is all too clear except to those that can not or will not see.
Physical gold is king and the only thing that can burst the gold bubble is economic stability and there will not be much of that in the next couple of years.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Always remember when worse comes to worse, you can't eat gold and nobody would trade food for it and risking their family to starve with a piece of gold in their hands.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatobserver
Always remember when worse comes to worse, you can't eat gold and nobody would trade food for it and risking their family to starve with a piece of gold in their hands.

I do not doubt your words for one minute and agree that food supply is probably the most important consideration, but there will also be traders looking to make profit. "Merchants" trade food for gold, always have and always will, in desperate times inflation usually drives prices higher but merchants still trade. I would also think that people who are savvy enough to have sizeable physical gold positions will also have the forethought to have emergency food stores.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatobserver

This argument never held any water for me. Forget the 5,000 years or so history that mankind has had with gold as a store of wealth. Something like gold will always be a way to protect yourself in the event that your particular currency goes belly up and it has always been a great hedge against the inflation that preceeds it.

In any economic collapse, there will be those who not only hoard gold, but manage to do so while living quite comfortably in larger scale barter and trade that you can only do with something as small and portable as gold.

Unless we're talking an instant and immediate return to the stone age with no escape in site, gold will be the only way to make very large purchases and actually improve personal long-term financial stability and wealth-building. Remember, those who came out of the dark ages with all the gold are the ones who became the wealthy and elite.

When you are in a situation where a new currency must be instituted, your worthless FRNs won't be exchangable for much and neither will a bag of rice or a sack of wheat... but you can bet that your stash of precious metals will do just fine when and if you are ready to buy into the new currency.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel KentI would also think that people who are savvy enough to have sizeable physical gold positions will also have the forethought to have emergency food stores.

Excellent point. Those who are prepared tend to be prepared all the way. An adequate supply of food and basic needs should be everyone's short-term plan. Stage two is being well trained on a few key weapons and plenty of ammunition to support that. This would mean not only fresh game, but when/if things go really sour, the ability to protect what you have and who you love. Stage three is an adequate supply of precious metals. Past the zombie hoard stage, commerce will sprout back up and trade will begin to thrive and flourish. If you want to get in the game, it's best to have as much portable, universally recognized wealth as possible.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Exactly, the price of Gold is going to break more investors than the drop in the dollar.

The Gold bubble is getting into full swing and all the small players are beginning to buy into it.

Everything in finance is caught in a catch 22 bubble/bust for the next couple of years.

Im sticking with my Euro's and decent deposit rates in my government guaranteed bank :lol

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

Exactly, the price of Gold is going to break more investors than the drop in the dollar.

The Gold bubble is getting into full swing and all the small players are beginning to buy into it.

Everything in finance is caught in a catch 22 bubble/bust for the next couple of years.

Im sticking with my Euro's and decent deposit rates in my government guaranteed bank :lol

I think that the only real issue right now with gold that should be worrisome is for those holding paper gold. Unless you have posession of physical gold, you are taking a very real chance that the gold you are promised just isn't there. In fact, this general suspicion is fairly widespread and getting to be more and more prevalant in people's minds.

EDIT: Here is a thread that much better illustrates my brief point about "paper" gold

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11/4/09 by larphillips]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
And here it is!

After October being filled with predictions of economic crashes, I was just itching for another thread about November being the month to watch for.

We can count on there being a economic crash prediction on ATS every month from now on I think.

I actually believed the October one.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Well believe me then...

Nothing major will happen until the health care Bill is passed.

Once that Bill becomes Law.

Watch Out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

And the analysts who are trying to shove toxic paper investments down their clients' throats are also babbling about "green shoots" and "recovery" and have been doing so non-stop. Everyone has an agenda. Given this, to navigate your way through the mess, use common sense. At least precious metals and commodities are limited in supply and used as holders of value all over the world, while some are in short supply and vital for industry. Meanwhile sketchy derivatives and stocks that don't really exist, as well as currency supply, can be created at a keystroke. Which has "real" value and which is an illusion, then?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
reply to post by Tentickles

So, say the economy does crash...and there are food shortages. How valuable will that gold be? How are you going to buy food at a reasonable price with gold? Food will be King...and there will be a barter system.

It's not "all or nothing," i.e., a stark choice between Mad-Max-style postapocalyptic barter and the fantasy playground of the housing bubble years. There are many middle grounds...I see paper declining in value drastically but still existing, while gold, commodities, and other metals will rise over the long term. We will still have paper money (or, more likely, electronic money)...it will just be worth far less than it is now.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I thought that was interesting - that the gold that you purchase will be safely stored in Switzerland. When it all comes down, good luck claiming it. Classic Swiss bankers scheme.

I agree that food, clean water, and basic supplies will make gold useless - you can't survive off of gold in a worst case scenario.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join