It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like it is going to be a Conservative Sweep!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Looks like the Conservatives are having a big night tonight.

The Republicans have already won the top 3 spots in Virginia.

The Republicans are poised to win the Governorship of New Jersey.

Conservative Hoffman is projected to win NY-23 by a substantial margin.

Wasn't it just 1 year ago when the Progressives were running around talking about the 40 year reign of the Democratic Party.

Oh, how things change. After only 1 year of the Progressive Agenda in Congress and the White House and people cannot vote out the Progressives and the Liberals fast enough.

Edit: because I meant reign not rain
oops!

[edit on 3-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Just wait until 2010.

A lot of dead wood to cull.

Lots of pretenders.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yeah 2010 is going to be a bloodbath for the incumbents. I cannot wait until that day comes when we can vote them all out and send them an offer they cannot refuse.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
Wasn't it just 1 year ago when the Progressives were running around talking about the 40 year rain of the Democratic Party.

It's one thing to complain, another to to have the authority to rule.

Some are most happy just complaining; obviously does not make a political costituency. lol.

mg

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I am really hoping for a Hoffman victory. Maybe people would finally realize it is okay to vote for a third party candidate. I always lose my mind when friends tell me they backed out of voting third party, at the last minute, because they thought they were "wasting" their vote. To me, the only wasted vote is one cast for a candidate you don't believe in.

Edit: Spellcheck! Spellcheck! Spellcheck!

[edit on 3-11-2009 by WTFover]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Yes, hopefully these people do not have huge skeletons in their closets, for the blackmail attack. And hopefully they have enough morals not to fall for the bribery attack.

But, when was the last time their was ANY reduction in government involvement in our lives.

I am not holding my breath. I do not see the Federal Empire machine slowing down any time soon.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Well I do agree with your point of we haven't seen the government shrink.. ever.. at least we have some hope now that there will be less people in office that are vocally pro-big government.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Amazing, even after the Bush and Obama debacles people still think that the political system works and that they have a voice

Stop, folks stop. It doesn't matter who is in power- Democrats or Republicans, the Illuminati still pull the strings. You want more war? Vote in the Republicans, want to lose money? Vote in the Democrats. You're going to lose money either way. You're slaves who need to keep paying the piper for breathing.

Why do you think Obama won the peace prize? He didn't go into Iran, that's why.

There will always be war, poverty, hunger no matter which camp is in power.

They're just rotten apples from the same barrel.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I agree.. No matter which camp is in power, no matter whether we are captialist, communist, or fascist. No matter what, war and poverty and hunger will still exist. It is part of the human condition.

I do disagree that it doesn't matter who you elect. Of course it matters. If you keep tossing them out until they behave the way you demand then eventually they will learn to behave like good little boys and girls.
Its just too bad we cannot take the belt to them for quicker results.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

If you keep tossing them out until they behave the way you demand then eventually they will learn to behave like good little boys and girls.

Exactamundo! Voter imposed term limits. We shouldn't need a constitutional amendment instituting term limits. Unfortunately, there are those who still vote a straight ticket and those who think all should be replaced, except their own.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that the worms will not give up their warm comfy dung piles so easily.
The slowness and planning, the advancement of an agenda is still in play.
There are things that were put into action by members of congress a few years ago that are now just coming out of committee, along with in place but yet un used powers that the president has at his disposal.
2010 can not come fast enough.
The elected, are who we see and know. The appointed and the lobbyists are an entirely different effect.
My concern and leaning are that those, in jeapordy of removal, and those who suspect removal, deservedly so, will do all they can to create enough chaos to better their chances of staying in place and offering to the masses a known quantity rather than an upheaval during a crisis, and with that selfish position in their hearts, do all they can to see to it we incur such a great crisis and removal of our chances at repair and or the removal of our freedoms.
In short look for a yet un-named serious event to happen with their finger prints all over it.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce

I agree.. No matter which camp is in power, no matter whether we are captialist, communist, or fascist. No matter what, war and poverty and hunger will still exist. It is part of the human condition.

I do disagree that it doesn't matter who you elect. Of course it matters. If you keep tossing them out until they behave the way you demand then eventually they will learn to behave like good little boys and girls.
Its just too bad we cannot take the belt to them for quicker results.

Sorry,to disagree with you,but you can vote the bums out all day long and it still won't make a difference the system is fixed and to keep buying into it only enslaves us further.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Sorry,to disagree with you,but you can vote the bums out all day long and it still won't make a difference the system is fixed and to keep buying into it only enslaves us further.

You may be right, but there is no way of knowing for sure until we have "thrown the bums out" and see the result. Only after the failed experiment should the people resort to more drastic measures. Which I would fully support.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I think Steve Lonegan was more of a conservative than Christie , but I voted for Christie because he was the lesser of the Two Evils.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Looks like Hoffmann Conceded, so it's not actually a clean sweep.
Not that this matters.

Hopefully, though Obama will take it as a wake-up call and get his stuff together.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

My friend If I could give you 50 starts I would have given them to you, you are so far one of the few in this thread that understand the debacle that our corrupted politics are, is not such thing as one elite party better than the other, both party cater to the dirty rats that controls their campaign pockets and we the people are the farthest thing in the corrupted minds right now

The day people understand that we have no such thing as choices that day this nation will raise from the ashes and the people will reclaim constitutinal supremacy.

Sad times in this nation this days when so many are holding to false hopes.

new topics

top topics

join