It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Three Jahovah's of the Bible

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I've come to the conclusion that everyone on ATS thinks their right. It's like a gang fight and one side brings grenades, one side brings bazookas, one side brings a rocket launcher, and one side brings a shield. I feel like oliveoil set off an IED with this thread and everyone is shooting to blow each other up, thinking their weapons are the best. I maintain that the shield is the best weapon. The shield guards you. The shield protects you. The shield gives you shelter. The shield keeps you safe. My shield is the Holy Bible. The trinity is not in the Holy Bible by definition of the doctrine. My shield? I guard myself from any doctrine that I see deemed false by the Bible. My guard is up and this thread is pointless. I'm out. Peace.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

I've come to the conclusion that everyone on ATS thinks their right.

Do you even know what the trinity doctrine says? Its not a confirmation, its a conclusion, and the facts are undeniably true. I'm not saying that I'm right or wrong, I'm just pointing these facts out and yes, I believe them to be true.
So good luck with shielding yourself from the truth, and have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
We all know who else uses and seeks the cover of the 'Shield'

that would be the family-bloodline 'RothsChilds', formerly known as the Bauers' ((which is a well used surname in several fictional books & media series, incl. the President in the '24' program...))
isn't that interesting --
or is it just another clue/coded message
concerning the sheeple/goyim of the world?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

afterword;

If one is a faithful 'believer', then any rationalization will justify the reality of a Triune God... in the virtual reality which is practiced as Faith.

in any case, my or others which make use of comparing age old myths and the pantheon of NeoLithic Goddesses, Sumerian, Greek, Roman, 'Gods' --- with the accepted and evolved Christianity of today...
is only meant as a 'wake up call',
...the Risen-God-Man,
and multiple 'Gods' including a trinity
have been around since homosapiens stopped grunting & began 'language',
any Christian flavor or 'Spin' on these age-old themes is not any more Sacred Now than in the Past.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Yes, of course, run into the battlefield with a shield and no weapons or fighting skills, that'll save you... Yeah right.

No you better have the helmet of salvation, the god-sword of spirit, a shield of faith, a mail of justice, and the truth as your belt around your waiste. MEEEN! To your horses! May God grant the ravens of Odin serpent blood this time! Ahoy!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

EEERRR for the last time the Trinity is not multiple Gods. Its ONE God. This one God is found within three persons. ahh I give up. Just forget it, and end this thread already.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by St Udio

EEERRR for the last time the Trinity is not multiple Gods. Its ONE God. This one God is found within three persons. ahh I give up. Just forget it, and end this thread already.

So it was this three in one or within three persons God who walked through Eden searching for Adam and Eve when they had broken the grenade? FGS! God is the Father of Life here on this planet! He like the kings on earth is an institution. Allmighty in that he may whenever he wants destroy it all. Nonexistant in that he has other projects elsewhere, and we are like wee in the ocean for him. For all we know he's forgotten us. But I have found a way to contact him. I just need to figure out how to spell out his name again.... Looks like I have to find my compass again.... If you don't see me for 3.5 years, I'm just off paying my dues....

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

So it was this three in one or within three persons God who walked through Eden searching for Adam and Eve when they had broken the grenade? FGS

Yes, and there is only one God like you say. the Holy Ghost and Jesus and the Father are all he. Didn't you read the God Jesus ant post in BTS. It explains everything.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
I've come to the conclusion that everyone on ATS thinks their right. It's like a gang fight and one side brings grenades, one side brings bazookas, one side brings a rocket launcher, and one side brings a shield. I feel like oliveoil set off an IED with this thread and everyone is shooting to blow each other up, thinking their weapons are the best. I maintain that the shield is the best weapon. The shield guards you. The shield protects you. The shield gives you shelter. The shield keeps you safe. My shield is the Holy Bible. The trinity is not in the Holy Bible by definition of the doctrine. My shield? I guard myself from any doctrine that I see deemed false by the Bible. My guard is up and this thread is pointless. I'm out. Peace.

I hear you Locoman

Ephesians 6: 11-17 Amplified Bible

11Put on God's whole armor [the armor of a heavy-armed soldier which God supplies], that you may be able successfully to stand up against [all] the strategies and the deceits of the devil.

12For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the despotisms, against the powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere.

13Therefore put on God's complete armor, that you may be able to resist and stand your ground on the evil day [of danger], and, having done all [the crisis demands], to stand [firmly in your place].

14Stand therefore [hold your ground], having tightened the belt of truth around your loins and having put on the breastplate of integrity and of moral rectitude and right standing with God,

15And having shod your feet in preparation [to face the enemy with the firm-footed stability, the promptness, and the readiness produced by the good news] of the Gospel of peace.

16Lift up over all the [covering] shield of saving faith, upon which you can quench all the flaming missiles of the wicked [one].

17And take the helmet of salvation and the sword that the Spirit wields, which is the Word of God.

Our shield is our faith, the word of God(the bible) is a sword that can and does slashes down false doctrine. Notice the spirit wields it, so to properly understand the bible you must receive Holy Spirit, otherwise you can't defend or attack spiritually in an effective way. This thread is a prime example of this.

3 Jehovah's is one of those false doctrine's, actually it's not even dogma, somebody just threw an idea out there just for fun to mock your beliefs. I don't know any knowledgeable Christians that believe this, not one.

It is what I call "Joke theology"

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

3 Jehovah's is one of those false doctrine's, actually it's not even dogma, somebody just threw an idea out there just for fun to mock your beliefs. I don't know any knowledgeable Christians that believe this, not one. It is what I call "Joke theology",
Lol, Looks like the joke is on you.
Catholic, Orthodox, Lutheran Reformed/ Presbyterian, Anglican/ Episcopalian,Methodist/ Wesleyan,Baptist all believe in the Trinity. What Christians are you speaking of? Oh I know JEHOVAH WITNESSES !
Yeah, and their corrupt sectarian paraphrase book they call a Bible. Give me a break. Shall we go down the list of their false doctrines, not to mention prophesies that just don't happen. What about the organization itself? How corrupt are they?Get real!!

[edit on 26-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Catholic, Orthodox, Lutheran Reformed/ Presbyterian, Anglican/ Episcopalian,Methodist/ Wesleyan,Baptist all believe in the Trinity. What Christians are you speaking of? Oh I know JEHOVAH WITNESSES !

I agree, but none of these believe in 3 Jehovah's. Yes they believe in the Trinity which would be by definition Jesus Christ, God(Jehovah), and The Holy Spirit/Ghost as one entity. This has nothing to do with Jehovah's Witness's they don't believe in the trinity anyway.
I am talking about religions that DO believe in the trinity, what that belief actually is. So you have begun to debate the trinity doctrine against itself within it's own definition.
Let's be clear here, you made this thread to mock Locoman's "2 Jehovah's" thread, which I actually disagree with, but I respect Locoman, he has a good understanding of the bible.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

I agree, but none of these believe in 3 Jehovah's. Yes they believe in the Trinity which would be by definition Jesus Christ, God(Jehovah), and The Holy Spirit/Ghost as one entity. This has nothing to do with Jehovah's Witness's they don't believe in the trinity anyway.
I am talking about religions that DO believe in the trinity, what that belief actually is. So you have begun to debate the trinity doctrine against itself within it's own definition.
Let's be clear here, you made this thread to mock Locoman's "2 Jehovah's" thread, which I actually disagree with, but I respect Locoman, he has a good understanding of the bible.

I apologise I miss quoted you, And I think you misunderstand me.
The whole point of the thread is that there is not three Jehovahs, or two Jehovahs. There is only one. and his name is not Jehovah (we've already been there lol) I was simply trying to show that the Bible is contradicting itself saying there is only one true God then listing three.The only explainable answer would be all three would be of the same nature.This is the same conclusion the Apostles had the Desciples had the early Church Fathers had and the Orthodox Church has. Locoman Chooses to go against this with his theory that does not make any sense, even to a Jehovah Witness.He is using his own ideological views and not sound interpretation. I am with you on the fact that you respect him, But for me its his effort and not his understanding. Now where do you stand? Your quick to back people up, but I haven't seen a stance on anything other than Gods name.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I agree, there are 3 Jehovah's in the Bible. That is because the Bible has several different authors. Sorry pal!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You ought to check your facts buddy. I never said I believed in the "two Jehovah's" theory. I simply started the thread to see what other people believed. I do believe that the Father and Son were both present together in heaven before creation and that they are both Gods. I've explained my beliefs on the "Family of God" which explains why there are multiple versions of God in different ways. It, to me, is more logical than saying that one God is three different people. Once again, "two Jehovahs" is not my belief.... just a thread that I started for conversation sake.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

I have that same respect for you too Bluejay. I'm not extremely fond of the JW doctrine, but they have more right than the "traditional" catholic or protestant does. God bless you.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The time for worshipping angels is over.
There was a time when God was a long way off and not knowable enough to even be worshipped. Intermediary entities were recognized by people of faith and they were known by names and whoever seemed to be of the highest order were worshipped and God did not recon it against them but recognized and gave them credit for their faith.
We have an intercessor who knew very well who the actual highest is and directs our worship to Him, who we call our Father, as our intercessor called Him. Any other worship is idolatry and God will no longer wink at our ignorant attempts to worship who should be worshipped. We have a way and it is through our intercessor. The old names need to be left behind, even if you think it is the name of God. He is the father of our brother, Jesus. It's the difference between Heaven and Hell. Magicians and conjurers need names to cast their spells, but they are going down. Jesus came to demonstrate that the real power of God was in him, so that we can believe in that same God, and through faith, become united with him in spirit and so become adopted sons of God, to be with Him in Heaven.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I was thinking that I should explain part of my rationale for my last post.
Jesus was talking to some Pharisees and other religious type authorities, and he said that before Abraham was, "I am".
He was not saying that to promote himself as God but was saying, what Abraham thought was God, was in fact himself in another incarnation and that he was here to tell us that, what we knew as God, was really an intercessor, a son of god, which was the role he was again in, and that there is a higher, true God, above him, who he wants to reveal to us.
So instead of raising his current self, he was lowering his previous self, in order to further enlighten mankind to the realities of divinity.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! That's all I've been trying to say this whole time! I have repeatedly said that the one who was called "Jehovah" or "YHWH" of the Old Testament was in fact, Jesus Christ of the New Testament. He came in the flesh, not only to save mankind, but to reveal the Father.... one higher than Him... the Word of God, the Jehovah of the Old Testament. The Father is not the Jehovah of the OT. Elohim, El, or Eloha can be considered either the Word/Jehovah, or the Father but the Jews did not understand this concept of one higher than Jehovah. Once again, thank you for helping me point out the obvious.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

There is only one God period.
The same God as in the OT

(YHWH)
Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last. and beside me there is no God.

Is the same God as in the NT

(JESUS)
Revelation 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

There can only be one first and one last, and he is him. Its right here in black and white and its not that difficult to understand.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Isaiah 44, where you got that verse from, is a propaganda piece about the temple in Jerusalem being rebuilt. God is the Great One for the sake of Jacob, the one who redeems Israel, and mighty. He foretells things that will happen and no idols can do that. He foretells the rebuilding and has Cyrus see that it gets done.
This is not really a description of who and what God is. The other words in the verse (or verses, in that section) are about the 'elohiym and the 'elowahh. The 'elohiym do not exist without his say so, and the one who provides for Israel (the 'elowahh, of verse 8) is Himself and no other.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

REV 19:11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

I would not presume to know every name of God, or every name God is able to bestow. It's obvious that God placed his name on an angel at one time to lead the Israelites through the wilderness. It seems the name was YHWH, I doubt that transformed the angel into God. In the same way Jesus has many names given by God, one of them being LORD of LORDS. I wouldn't assume too much by this, but it seems to me that calling an angel YHWH is quite obsolete.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by pthena]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join