posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:49 PM
1. There is no such thing in life as a shortcut. Everything has a price, and that price will be paid up front, as you go, or on the tail-end, but
the full price will be paid.
2. The only things you get to take with you are those things you give away.
3. Someone is always watching. Even when you think there is no way anyone will see you goof off or do something wrong, it's always noted. Always
noted. To do very well when you think no one is noticing, and will never be appreciated, is a mistake. Eventually, all the effort, all the good
will, all the concentration, all the effort - will not only be noticed, but will bear fruit.
4. Once you have a goal, a specific goal, never - ever - take your eye off it. Though the currents threaten to sweep you away, you keep your eye
firmly on the shore and keep paddling. Nothing is impossible to one who always knows exactly where he's headed.
5. To build yourself up most quickly, push others up in front of you. Help everyone around you, those above, those below, those you may think can
never be benefited, or in turn benefit you. He who selflessly enables those around him will float right to the top. Even help the assholes.
6. He who is most empty is most complete. That which we think we need, anchors our advancement. The more obtained, the more fear, the more
limitations, the more narrow the vision. Every thing we acquire is a burden. More things, more burdens. Less truly is more.
7. What you plant, you will get back multiples of. You plant corn, don't expect to harvest wheat. And don't expect to get back the same amount as
you planted. You plant twenty bushels of seed, you'll harvest hundreds of bushels of exactly what you plant.
You will receive many multiples of what you plant. So take care that anger, envy, strife, jealousy, selfishness, bitterness, and harm are not planted
each day. Ask yourself what you would like to harvest in multiples, and then plant that.
That which you exhibit to others, the manner in which you treat others, that is what will be returned in kind, and in multiples.
Took me decades to learn these things. I would never tell a young man these things if they weren't 100% accurate, time-tested, by millions of
But it seems only a few each decade know them.
[edit on 3-11-2009 by dooper]