posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:14 PM
reply to post by lostviking
Star my friend.
My daughter will turn 11 this month and the wife and I just found that we will be blessed with another child due in June.
I try to teach my daughter some of lifes little lessons every chance I get. Although these may sound cliche', they are always the ones I try to
present to her in relation to the situation.
1) Always Forgive. Never Forget
2) Learn something new everyday. Teach someone something new everyday. Never stop learning.
3) Never judge a person by first impressions or by their looks.
4) Respect EVERYONE, until they deem themselves unrespectable.
5) Don't sweat the small stuff.
6) In the end, it's all small stuff.
7) Cuts and Bruises will always heal, but some words will damage the spirit and soul beyond repair.
8) That which you give out, will be the same as what you get back.
9) The meaning of life is to Live, Love, Learn, and Grow.
10) If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
I don't know if any of those are what you were looking for, but so far they have been very helpful along this road of Fatherhood.
[edit on 3-11-2009 by Detailed Perfection]