It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asda till snub help for heros

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by superdebz

What i don't understand about this story is why the youth automtically conflated supporting the troops with supporting the war. I support the troops, they are just doing a job and taking orders, but i hate both the wars we are involved in.

The manager should be fired and the youth disciplined.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by superdebz

What i don't understand about this story is why the youth automtically conflated supporting the troops with supporting the war. I support the troops, they are just doing a job and taking orders, but i hate both the wars we are involved in.

The manager should be fired and the youth disciplined.

thats cause its rochdale and everyones either stupidly un-informed or a complete tard -_-"

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Laura, I don't condone the guy's actions at all!

I just agree he is entitled to his opinion, doesn't mean that he should have been allowed to act like he did.

I genuinely dread to think how I would have reacted in the heat of the moment if it had happened to me.

I believe that a nationwide boycott of all ASDA stores should occur until the lady in question receives a full apology and assurances that this will not occur again.

But of course that won't happen.

[edit on 4/11/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread but it IS the sun newspaper... so i don't really buy it.

But the guy should not have been allowed to refuse to serve the lady and the manager had no right to back him up.

He's there to serve people, not judge them or pick and choose who to serve based on his feelings or biases or opinions.

One other point.

The person who said about how they were fed up with all this "hero troops" stuff... well me too.

I feel they do an excellent job and are extremely brave and are underpaid and under-protected and so on.

But they are NOT fighting either of those wars (Iraq or Afghanistan) for me or my benefit or my freedom.

To believe that is to be truly gullible.

Neither are they heroes.... they are doing a job they signed up for.

There may be heroes among them, but they are not by default, heroes for just simply being there and fighting.

They are out there against the wishes of most people around the world and in one case, against the direct advice form the UN.
One of those wars (if not both) are ILLEGAL wars.

They have no right to be there.

But i do feel for the soldiers.... the same as i feel for the Iraqi's and Afghan's.

It is a truly sad and horrible thing to be involved in.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I regulary pass this particular store. I have family who live up there. Seriously i would rather be arrested than leave this store silent. Im not racist at all but Rochdale is falling apart yet look in the top left of the picture. Thats another new gold roofed mosque being built in Rochdale. If they want live in our country they should adopt our culture and respect the fact that we support our troops, Maybe not the war but definitely our troops.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240[/url]

If this gentleman was born in England, that makes him English by default.

[That he has Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Irish, Welsh or Scottish roots or ancestors and is a Muslim to boot, is irrelavent]

He is employed by Wall Mart / Asda. As such, one of his primary jobs is to serve members of the public on the tills; another is to help them locate goods on their shelves and lastly if asked to, he can help 'clients' pack their recent purchases and carry them to a vehicle if necessary.

Incidentally, his Manager can refuse to serve people in his store, not this young man.

His views on the illegal war that was Iraq and the current [so called] War on Terror in Afghanistan has nothing to do with his employer's customers, be they serving members of our armed forces; their kith or kin and, in this particular case, a display of affection for our maimed and wounded.

That this young man was able to refuse to serve a woman because of his personal views and beliefs, is a tribute to the countless thousands of British soldiers, sailors and airman who willingly paid the ultimate sacrifice in both World Wars, so that he could maintain his point of view.

That is why we have a Remberence Day, ROBL240. That is why we wear our Poppies with pride.

Not because we Brits are a bloodthirsty lot, but because we are proud that our sacrifices enable people like you and this young man, to express a point of view safe in the knowledge that brave men and women have fought and died for your Freedom of Speech.

If you are so against wearing a poppy because perhaps you perceive it as glorifying war, then perhaps you would reconsider and wear a white poppy instead.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by fritz

Or perhaps he should prove the strength of his convictions and go over there and fight against us and hopefully quickly join his relatives.

I'm sorry if that upsets anyone but the time for pussy footing around these people is over.

Britain: Love it or leave it.
Pretty damn simple!

[edit on 5/11/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
For anyone who doesnt believe the sun, theres the local papera artical on it below the sun paper

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by superdebz
For anyone who doesnt believe the sun, theres the local papera artical on it below the sun paper

And the local paper also has a quote from an Asda representatives saying:

We are not aware of any incident of this nature taking place. If it were to be found true we would take it very seriously indeed. That's why we'd like to take this opportunity to invite the customer back into the store if she'd like to discuss the details with the store manager. We can then look to investigate the matter

So if this story be true, she has the opportunity to take further action, officially.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by fritz

Or perhaps he should prove the strength of his convictions and go over there and fight against us and hopefully quickly join his relatives.

I'm sorry if that upsets anyone but the time for pussy footing around these people is over.

Pretty damn simple!

So being in opposition to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan means you are an enemy does it?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Koka

People have every right to oppose those wars.

I personally think the Iraq war was one of the biggest crimes ever committed and those responsible for instigating it should be tried for treason.

But showing a wilful disregard and direspect for our troops is another thing.

They deserve our utmost respect and support.

Political Correctness has gone too far!

If I wear a badge supporting Labour, can a conservative supporter refuse to serve me?
If I'm anti-gay can I refuse to serve someone wearing a pink wristband?
How about refusing to serve all Norwegians and Japanese because I believe in 'Saving The Whale'.

It's absolutely pathetic and has to stop!
This country is becoming a complete and utter joke!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

But showing a wilful disregard and direspect for our troops is another thing.

They deserve our utmost respect and support.

This area is a rock and a hard place.

I would have no problem if the reason behind the wars was truly for the liberation of the people or in defence of our own liberties, but we all know that this is not the case and few modern day conflicts are without commercial or economic interests to the involved parties.

Few members of the armed forces question the reasoning behind there "duties" which has been very effective for fighting forces that threaten ours and others aforementioned liberties. These individuals joined up for such a purpose and it is their belief that that is what they are fighting for, they have to wake up to the reality that what the armed forces have become is nothing more than a whipping boy for the corporate elite, engaged in conflict and taking lives so that they may gain an economic advantage and ultimately control of world resources, it is this that they put their lives on the line for, and this is not something that I, personally, support.

Edit:
Given your previous response I can only assume that your statement.....

....was a gut "firing from the hip" reaction.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Koka]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Yeah he should either do the job or get fired. His choice.

Not sure why this is big news thou. We have plenty of muslims in shops, stores all over the country serving all kinds of people and all kinds of things including pork and alcohol. They make that choice to work there.

Why is it that it's always 1 individual that makes the news and gets the spotlight for soemthing so petty.

Why don't we get news headlines for the MANY other things that happen and that I've seen in stores, where the clerks are rude, and do stupid things.

It seems when a muslim or asian is invlolved people get interested and "quickly" get angry without really knowing the full details.

Many of these news reports (maybe not so much this one) about muslims etc that I see in the daily mail and the sun is obviously selective news. i.e Propaganda.

"Propaganda is communication aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position. As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda."

"Propaganda is neutrally defined as a systematic form of purposeful persuasion that attempts to influence the emotions, attitudes, opinions, and actions of specified target audiences for ideological, political or commercial purposes through the controlled transmission of one-sided messages (which may or may not be factual) via mass and direct media channels."

[edit on 5-11-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

reply to post by fritz

Pretty damn simple!

So being in opposition to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan means you are an enemy does it?

I DID NOT SAY THAT! Please ammend your post to state this fact.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz

Originally posted by Koka

Originally posted by Freeborn reply to rl=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread516400/pg4#pid7481930]post by fritz[/url]

I'm sorry if that upsets anyone but the time for pussy footing around these people is over. Britain: Love it or leave it. Pretty damn simple!

I DID NOT SAY THAT! Please ammend your post to state this fact.

I now realise that Kola was referring to the post submitted by Freeborn and did not quote me in any way.

WOW, a very public apology. I AM getting old!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
I now realise that Kola was referring to the post submitted by Freeborn and did not quote me in any way.

WOW, a very public apology. I AM getting old!

Not a problem fritz.....

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Koka]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join