It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asda till snub help for heros

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Then the till assistant shouldn't have asked her in the first place , then there would not have been any problems. Oh but lets not offend the asian, afterall that is racist.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

But you see, the Asian chap refused to serve here because his views "were offended". I assume your as indignant about that as this woman being "offended"?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckaroo I wear one of those bands and I know for a fact that had it been me being refused to be served I would have ended up being arrested this country never ceases to amaze me unbeliveable.
I know for a fact that misuse of grammar & omission of punctuation is not actually a crime, so I wonder what exactly you think you might be arrested for?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

I think he meant, he would have caused a scene, if it was him being refused custom over wearing a wrist band
At least I think he was referring to.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk reply to post by Bunken Drum

I think he meant, he would have caused a scene, if it was him being refused custom over wearing a wrist band
At least I think he was referring to.
Sarcasm babe.
2nd line.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

You speak about this prejudice like I should be ashamed of it.

I am definitely not. It's taken a lot of my own liberalism for me to reach the point where I now feel I have made some completely naive, ideological mistakes.

It's good to take the higher ground and seek harmony...but when another culture does not adopt the same harmonic approach, then we are onto a losing streak.

We can't even let kids perform nativity plays in this country for fear of offending muslims.

Understanding and tolerance only seems to work one way at the minute and it needs to change.

The minorities need to remember they live in a multi-cultural society as much as we do and to remember this is the country from which they send the cash to fund their families.

They want a 'permanent' life here - but dont want to commit to the society.

My prejudice comes from experience of this country...I see you are speaking from a Canadian perspective.

Walk a mile in another man's shoes. This country should be ashamed of itself.

And before you try and counter me with the statement that I must be a BNP supporter, I am not. I am representative of the wider british public who are feeling more and more marginalised by poor immigration policies. This country is becoming more and more disenfranchised.

I welcome all to the country...but I admire the Australian and Canadian approach - you have to bring some skills to the country to get in...and you need to commit to it.

This young man should have been reprimanded, but the apologetic, accommodating, PC cancer that is rife in this country has allowed his views to become the most important aspect - thus validating them. When, actually, his views are completely invalid. He probably calls himself a British muslim.

I call him "taking the p***".

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Im sorry but all you people saying "good on him" and slagging off the troops for being willing to sacrifice their lives for ungrateful people like you lot, are an absolute Disgrace,

show some respect for the dead and your fellow man,

back on point,

just as that little muslim lad had the right to his beliefs that the war is wrong, the customer he was meant to be serving had the right to show their support for the brave men and women who are fighting the war,

for equality to work you need to 'defy ignorance' ;-)

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Lets be absolutely clear here about one thing.
Only a muslim would be allowed to get away with this.
To allow ANY shopworker the right to serve or not serve who they please is a total nonsense, and has never been the norm in hundreds of years of shopkeeping.
I hope Nick Griffin of the BNP sends a note of thanks to ASDA and the individual muslim involved here. Incidents like this get the BNP more votes
than anything else.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I do not support some of our government’s decisions about the war in Iraq... I do not support many ideas our government comes up with, but that’s politics.

I DO SUPPORT our armed forces... they do a tough job under crap conditions for terrible pay... and they do it with such a high degree of professionalism that they are recognised around the world as among the best!!

To dislike the British troops because of government policy is no different to disliking teachers because you do not agree with the government’s policy on education...

The little twerp should be sacked!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
How silly. Though once i has to serve a man in a full mason uniform. I was considering NOT serving him, But then i did so i could closer inspect the Symbol and clothes he had. And when i say full uniform, it even included his little penis apron.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Of course the lad has a right to his own opinion.

As am I.

I support our troops. End of.
I too wear a 'Help For Heroes' wrist band.

I genuinely dread to think how I would have reacted if I had been in that situation.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I am from this town (sadly), but to be honest i think it's the guy's opinion.

A large majority of workers seem to be Asian. He might have had family killed over in Iraq or Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Actually you might want to disregard my second line, i think i am confused.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Oks he might be entitled to his opinion, he can view his opinions outside his working hours. What ever happenned to the term!! The customer comes first! If this was him being refused service, there would have been an uproar over it. Double standards in this country.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It also says in the article that Asda supports the help for heroes campaign and that they sell the pin badges and stuff in the stores.

So they can sell it in the store, but you can't wear it in the store?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This whole help for heroes thing gets on my nerves anyway. No offense intended to anyone.

But i don't understand how someone can support the troops, yet be against the war. If you support the troops you support the war.

My opinion anyway.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
I am from this town (sadly), but to be honest i think it's the guy's opinion.

A large majority of workers seem to be Asian. He might have had family killed over in Iraq or Afghanistan.

I think he said he did in the press piece...

But, so what if he did? In your job you maintain professionalism - I work with Muslims, Hindus. Sikhs, etc... I keep many of my views to myself and seek to maintain professionalism. They come to my house...they are my friends...they would not have done this...I have asked them. They think he is 'playing it'.

One of the major banks has actually done a very hush hush study of why their 'Asian' staff took so many sick days. I was part of that study.

They worked out that networks of staff existed who basically 'advised' others Asians on exactly what they could and could not 'get away with' with respect to employment law and playing various discrimination cards. They advised on benefits, who to win tribunals, etc.

I saw a very cynical and very widespread network at play and I didnt like it.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Hang on a minute - The lad should not be sharing his political viewpoint with a potential customer.

Whatever happened to the customer is always right.

And then the obnoxious , cowardly manager refuses to back down on the decision.

Jesus Christ - This country is stupid sometimes.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by chillpill

Well if i'd had family killed in Iraq or Afghanistan, i wouldn't have served the woman either.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Well then you should be either disciplined or sacked, Political views should not come into the work place, after all that is not what you are employed to do.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join