It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Czech signs the Lisbon Treaty making European Union the world's super power

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Europe's part in the End Times

We are living in the days of the last Kingdom as prophesied by Daniel in Chapter2:31-33

[edit on 4-11-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Oh hey a picture of the Club of Rome's Offices!

Imagine that. Check out Club of Rome dot Com and it's mission statement and who it's principals members are.

Sadly you or I can't log in since we don't have royal blood from the Holy Roman or Roman Empire, but hey, we can look at the edifice!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
Interesting isnt this? You know the Bible talks about the rise of the "old Roman Empire" as part of the signs of the end times. I don't know but maybe this is what we're all seeing here...just a thought.

Could someone point this out to me?????

Thanks...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharrow
reply to post by ontariocanada

Don't count on it. The European countries will has few things to say for that. We never wanted the Lisbon Treaty at all.

Who are "we"? I know quite a few people in the EU for whom the treaty makes a lot of sense as the EU will be able to operate much more efficiently than now. The EU was never designed for the size it has now became.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

The morons of the EU are making buildings, statues to make it believe with the people the prophecies come. This is how people are start to believe in fabricated prophecies. False prophets of the E.U. Everything what is surrounding them is a lie. Everything what they're creating is a lie.

Who are "we"? I know quite a few people in the EU for whom the treaty makes a lot of sense as the EU will be able to operate much more efficiently than now.
Yeah. Especially if you work for the European Union to spread their propaganda. The E.U. and the Lisbon Treaty is a lie, nothing more. Normal citizen with a minimal brain capacity is against it, just as they're against the E.U.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The Mediterranean Union is a Union within the European Union, no plans for it to be integrated into the main body - Germany and France do not want Turkey (who are a Mediterranean Union member) within the European Union.

It's a peculiar set up, dominion is a better word to describe the Mediterranean relationship to the European Union.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by infinite]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
You still cannot compare U.S. to EU

USD is quickly losing it's fiat(fake) value in the form of world confidence

the american currency will not last long

it's like saying the Roman Empire was very strong during it's demise
it wasn't, that's why it fell apart

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Are you honestly suggesting the European Union Parliament building is the Tower of Babel?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The biggest problem with the EU is that is not a democracy. I'm from England and I have never had any kind of a say as to who is in power at the top of the EU structure (then again, we didn't vote in Gordon Brown or the Lisbon treaty either, so I suppose we should be used to that by now).

How can any government be classed as a democracy when the people have no say in it's governance?

We were promised a refurrendum on the treaty, but then Gordon Clown just turns round and says "Oh you don't need that now, we know what's best for you" and signs up against the wishes of the majority of Brits. The Irish voted against the treaty, so the EU just made them vote again, until they got the "yes" vote.

This is not democracy, it is dictatorship!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Wow! This is what happens with start ups! You guys are suffering from a lack of better propaganda!

Our goverment here in the United States doesn't listen or pay any attention to the people but we know it's all part of the democratic process without question...

Our propaganda doesn't allow any thought of questioning it.

Hopefully in time your propaganda will catch up with our propaganda so you can enjoy living in a democracy like we do!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

And down the vengeful God did went, to confuse up their language, so that they may no longer are understand of each other! But lo! It finds about that they do not speak the one tongue and figured a way have they to know just what it is each other does say! And punching it, punching it right in the face, they send it off and away!

"Away, you big sod! Away!"

Alas!

FIN

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Startups? I sure hope there was some element of sarcasm in that statement. I hardly think Europe needs to take pointers on propaganda from the United States. The church of rome single handedly invented propaganda, and propaganda is the very reason the Lisbon Treaty is all but a done deal.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by USamf
Do remember you are comparing the EU to a single country.

Im not pro EU superstate but the Lisbon treaty does actually create a "Country" out of the EU (in a bureaucratic sense) with sovereignty of member states slowly being lost and a myriad of other additions that I have written about previously and do not have time to go through at the moment.

These points are what people across the water keep forgetting and the reason why there was such a fuss kicked up about the treaty. Previous to the US becoming a country, it was many. Remember that. The plan for the EU is not to create anything as tight as the US but it doesn't need to be.

Also, Eastern Europe joining in 2004 added over 150 million people and downed the overall GDP a massive amount because their income averages at around €17,000. These economies are roaring, especially Poland. Expect the EU GDP to grow a massive amount while these economies rise to a western standard.

The EU will not be a decent military power for another 50 years anyway.. there is a large defense force in the pipeline but essentially the US will be the strategic controller and director of the western powers until the US actually allows the EU military to evolve. The EU will be a hobbled giant in a military sense but then again, we are not exactly looking for more war after the past 2000 years.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The European Union is similar to the Soviet Union and, in time, will evolve into a similar system located in the United States. It (currently) cannot be democratic, due to nationalism within member states, and the Monarchy system throughout parts of Europe.

Britain will be in the Euro within 10 years - regardless of which party is holding the reigns of power. Especially due to the Chinese wanting Britain and her investments within the Eurozone.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
How can any government be classed as a democracy when the people have no say in it's governance?

Because we are not a republic.

Britain is a constitutional Monarchy, Her Majesty's Government - not our (the people) government.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
The biggest problem with the EU is that is not a democracy. I'm from England and I have never had any kind of a say as to who is in power at the top of the EU structure (then again, we didn't vote in Gordon Brown or the Lisbon treaty either, so I suppose we should be used to that by now).

* CITIZENS' RIGHTS: The treaty gives binding force to an existing Charter of Fundamental Rights in all member states except Britain and Poland, which won opt-outs.

-- Britain did not want provisions such as a broadly defined right to strike, the subject of bitter labor conflicts in the 1980s -- to be imposed on it from outside

-- The treaty introduces a formal possibility for a country to leave the EU under negotiated terms.

-- One million EU citizens may ask the European Commission in a petition to draft legislation in a given area.

Source:
www.reuters.com...

There are some odd points I think we should disuss though
Not odd, but perhaps... I don't know what word to use

-- A powerful new foreign policy chief, at the head of an EU foreign service, will give the bloc a greater say on the world stage. The High Representative will answer to EU governments but will also be vice-president of the European Commission and manage the EU executive's large external aid budget.

I find the above extremely vague, new powerful foreign policy chief?
how powerful, what are his powers???

-- Member states will benefit from a NATO-style mutual defense clause in the event that one of them is attacked.

Nato-Style??
So that means they will be selling arms to their enemies to prolong the war/

-- The European Court of Justice will be given more power by being allowed to rule on whether national legislation on justice and home affairs is compatible with EU laws, except for Britain and Ireland, which secured opt-outs.

I knew Ireland would opt out!!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Next time Khadafi is camping again in his Bedouin tent in on of our city parks i hope the local hobo's and hooligans loot his place and put it on fire, what drama this man is...We wont even allow secular Turkey into the union let alone 12 other ME states

Looking at the reactions here i highly doubt anyone here has ever red a single page from the Lisbon treaty and about the enhanced powers of the European parliament[more to say in matters of agriculture, trade, justice, migration, structurefunds, police matters as in codecision] and even national parliaments will have increased powers over the commission and can overrule the commission with yellow "cards"..., you can vote directly for your representative and their powers will increase with this treaty, whats wrong with that?please explain..

As for the EU as a world power
, this is how far it is with military projection..

Military forces and groups
European Union Battlegroups (closest thing to an EU military, composed of 15 battlegroups, each one numbering 1,500 troops. Under direct control of European Council.)

European Union Force - the title used for EU peacekeeping deployments, which have included Bosnia/Hercegovina, Chad/CAR, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Eurocorps (independent military force composed of 60,000 troops that can be deployed for various missions)
Eurofor (rapid reaction force under command of the Western European Union)

European Gendarmerie Force (crisis intervention force composed of 900 personnel, with 2,300 additional personnel that can be deployed as reinforcements)

Helsinki Headline Goal (listing of rapid reaction forces composed of 60,000 troops managed by the European Union, but under control of the countries who deliver troops for it)

European Union Military Staff (supervises military operations carried out by the EU; its chief is General Henri Bentegeat, a former chief of the French Defence Staff)

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

These military operations you have mentioned are already underway, there is no change.

The Military projection for the EU is in essence a creation of a NATO style defense force under centralized control. This is vague.. How long do you think it will be until that begins to evolve? Judging by how the EU is currently evolving, not long. Soft power can only go so far on the world stage.

Think about the global geopolitical strategies involving the west. Once the US begins to wain militarily, the EU as a whole will be involved in taking some of the weight off their shoulders.

The EU "reform" treaty allows for continuous change as needed, this includes military.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Here is the Full Lisbon Treaty for you to read
bookshop.europa.eu...

Ok, here is the full text of what I wrote before about 1million EU citizens can do.

Not less than one million citizens who are nationals of a significant number of Member States may take the initiative of inviting the European Commission, within the framework of its powers, to submit any appropriate proposal on matters where citizens consider that a legal act of the Union is required for the purpose of implementing the Treaties.

who are nationals?

[edit on 4-11-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Who are Nationals??

Nationals!

I don't understand the question

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join