It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ancient ruins on Mars compared to the African "metropolis" ruins

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well I couldn't connect the images of earth with the one's on mars. But in my opinion anything that is present on mars, will be airbrushed out or the image will be provided in a resolution so as to not be able to tell what it is. This is a massive cover up, and to think you can just scroll thru nasa provided images and find things is ludacris. You have to look for yourself. Here's a interestingbit of information. Have any of you ever heard of Percival Lowell. He was a well respected astronomer from the late 1800's to the early 1900's. He was convinced there was life on mars thru his observations he made himself. He describes seeing canals and seeing vegetation grow and die off with the melting of the polar caps on mars due to seasonal changes. He wrote a book and from it you can tell he is a very educated man, and he puts forth his theory in a clear and scientific manner. Here is the link to the book. For the few of you who will take the time to read this amazing book that is more than a hundred years old laying down facts on how mars can support life. I would love to hear from you. Here is the link

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Though interesting,they look a lot like they could be natural formations. Don't get me wrong, no one would be more thrilled if they were artificial. Even surface exploration of Mars may leave more questions then answers. Even with the thin Martian atmosphere, hundreds of thousands or millions of years of erosion may leave very little to find when we finaly get there.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
OP..... do you realise the potential point you raise?
alright. as an avid mars junky, I do have to agree with the nay sayers with the exception of the monoliths and things. Of those... well thats something entirely different you and I can agree on Mr. 777.
Mr Phage is correct here with respect to the chaotic pattern, and the scale. THough if memory serves, mars is a bit larger than the earth. that aside.... the so-called Inca City on mars is most likely erosion and wind.
Now.
Let us say you are absolutely correct. Your theory, and idea points to the truth. THe features on mars are in fact ruins.
The ruins here are, if theory is correct, ancient mining towns. Now lets say they are both the same age.

Now.. considering the ones here are now theorised to be old mining towns and quarries... It would be safe to assume the ones on mars are as well.
given the slightly similar rudimentary design, they would both be mining the same thing. Now

We still mine gold here on earth.
If your whole thing here was solid truth, and absolutely correct, that would mean colonisation of Mars is just around the corner for the gold and stones alone... creeeeeeeeeepy

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticuli

As pointed out:
apod.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I really love the idea of civilization on Mars, but I can't help to ask this: If these are ruins built at the same time and by the same people (as you said) as the African ones, why would they use wood? If they have the technology to fly back and forth from Mars to Earth, you would think they have the technology to not make buildings out of just wood and then let them ruin and petrify.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Huge tower on Mars:

www.aliendave.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Mars doorway in mountain:

img227.imageshack.us...[/img]

Mars rock with square hole:

Mars skull

Mars statue?

Mars strange pile of stones:

[img]http://www.newsnfo.co.uk/pages/Strange%20ruins%20-%20pile%20of%20stones%20on%20Mars%20-%20Conspiracy%20Cafe%20Home_files/3-109-wide-n-closer.jpg[ /img]

Mars possible damn to right, and factory/building to left (circled):

Mars being on top of sand dune?

Egyptian style petrified old Mars statue?

[edit on 3-11-2009 by IX-777]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IX-777
Huge tower on Mars:

www.aliendave.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Mars doorway in mountain:

img227.imageshack.us...[/img]

Mars rock with square hole:

Mars skull

Mars statue?

Mars strange pile of stones:

[img]http://www.newsnfo.co.uk/pages/Strange%20ruins%20-%20pile%20of%20stones%20on%20Mars%20-%20Conspiracy%20Cafe%20Home_files/3-109-wide-n-closer.jpg[ /img]

Mars possible damn to right, and factory/building to left (circled):

Mars being on top of sand dune?

Egyptian style petrified old Mars statue?

[edit on 3-11-2009 by IX-777]

If you could point to a link that is an official nasagov picture site which shows the large column with shadow, it would be a slamdunk in my book. Also I've seen that statue picture and they said it was a rock, I don't buy it one bit. You know what we may be seeing, we may be seeing leftovers of a civilization that had a cataclysm happen that destroyed it's atmosphere and such and much of their buildings and structures and other things have erroded down to just rock and sand covered lots etc. etc. If it happened hundreds of thousands of years, their wouldn't be anything left of buildings unless they where built really big and/or from really strong material.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The Mars pic really seems to me like it would be a feature of plate tectonics.

Mars might have had oceans in it's distant past, it's speculated. So this may be just a rift similar to the ones we have in our oceans on Earth.

Compare the Mars photo to any sat photos of the rifts in the Pacific or Atlantic oceans. Their geometry bares striking similarities.

So I am going with geologic formation due to plate tectonic stresses.

The pillars are bizarre as well, and could be natural, but there is really no way to know without sending an expedition to check it out up close. I would like to see some close up photos of the pillar from ground level.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Remarkable Pics) Ang great post ! Ive long believed there was a vast civilization on mars and the evidence for it is mounting.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
Well Phage beat me too it. You have to take into account the scale of things. If the mars formations were much much smaller, then you have a much better case. But because the formations on mars are so huge, it pretty much rules out individual buildings like the africa ruins.

Perhaps their cattle/goats were bigger on Mars.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IX-777

Thanks, I don't know how I missed the link.

Looking it over, I'm seeing no evidence as to these things being even remotely this old. I see a statement that "research has been done" to "prove" they're astronomical observatories... Which has the obvious problems I already mentioned.

There's also the practical problems - every civilization advanced enough to leave us with tangible observatories, from the Inka to the Greeks even all the way out to Polynesia, have left behind plenty of other buildings and antiquities. Here, we only have the "observatories" - Observatories that, wonder of wonders, happen to be identical to the kraals used by Bantu herdsmen.

I like how the website claims these buildings follow the golden ratio. They don't. Know why? Because none of these buildings are actually circular. THAT fact alone is pretty damning to the idea these are precise astronomical edifices. It's very easy to draw a perfect circle - all you need is two sticks and a cord, and bingo, you have a compass to do it with.

You would think that a society advanced enough to figure out astronomical patterns would have mastered this technique... In fact mastery of this technique is pretty much essential to an understanding of astronomy - really, you can't study the heavens if you can't figure out how to make a circle.

MaKotami strikes me as something similar to what the Hopi do with their ruins - they take old mundane crap - winter houses in the case of the Hopi, cattle corrals in the case of the Zulu - and then attach a bunch of woo-woo pseudomystical mumbo-jumbo to the ruins in order to rake in tourist dollars from all the gullible white people.

You've been had

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Not a lot of regularity to the feature.

[edit on 11/3/2009 by Phage]

Not saying these are artificial but I think you're understating that a bit. There are are at least 20 angles that are very close to being right-angles. What's more the scale marker shows that there are straight lines that are more than 5km long.

Hypothetically, it's also not unreasonable to expect larger features on a planet with less gravity. It would take far less effort to move such quantities of material around than it would on Earth.

@muzzleflash I don't know enough about geology to know how these features could have been formed but your theory about plate tectonics seems to be a good place to start. Could you link to some pictures of the Pacific & Atlantic rifts? I'd like to compare the two. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Thats cool. It kinda makes ya wonder about the bigger picture of our existance. If those photos of mars are not doctored, there is a lot of lost history.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by IX-777

Surprised you haven't seen this image.

Easy to photo shop.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
This is my first post in A.T.S. and though I've been a long time browser, I've avoided registration due to time restraints, but lately the topics are just too good to avoid.

As for this particular subject, I've read the thread header and the posts, and I feel confident in my opinion that the pictures of the "ruins" on the planet mars are digitally tampered with.

If it wasn't released by an official government and/or academic organization, then it needs serious critique (then again... even official releases need critique). I'm not a profesional photographer, but I've seen many doctored images that after careful scrutiny...have been proven to be a hoax.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
good comparision ..s&f for you........i remember watching a documentary on youtube which revealed that cairo means MARS in arabic. any relation to african metropolis?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IX-777

Oh dear. Have you even considered the difference in scale? The massive, massive difference in scale?

Are you telling me that martians built a 100km long sand dune? Is that the pinnacle of their achievements?

ATS what have you become?!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee

Mr Phage is correct here with respect to the chaotic pattern, and the scale. THough if memory serves, mars is a bit larger than the earth. that aside.... the so-called Inca City on mars is most likely erosion and wind.
Now.

Sorry, but Mars is WAY SMALLER than Earth.

Personally, I can see no corrolation between the Earth and Mars pics. Mars looks more like natural errosion, especially at the scale shown. If it were a contruction of some kind it would be bigger than any city on Earth today.

The monolith pictures, although I have seen them before are still very interesting and definitely require further investigation, as they look very unnatural.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by amyfriend
huggs everyone,,,

theres been so many AWSOME photos of Mars,,,

Its just amazing wether its natural or not,,,

But personally I think there was something/civilization there at 1 time,,,,not from evolution but some mystery...

there were rivers and seas' there at one time....

Im not crazy nor grabbing for straws nor writting it in stone,,,but I think its very possible Mars holds some very SHOCKING secrets....

It would be easier to decide whats up there if we had about 50 rovers and had more of the photos they dont release,,,show us,,,???

maybey there all crap photos and thats why,,i dont know,,,,

And i understand photos/pics can be made out to turn into silly nothing stuff...

Mars is amazing and awsome beauty....

I wish more nations //us//nasa would make a few sattlelites or probes with CIA technology,,,,if we are gonna send it there,,,,????!!!!!!!

awsome photos and so perfect on many,,,,but to many crappy ones on the interesting stuff???

my 2 cents,,,,,

huggs

Hell.. the entire planet Earth and the cosmos in their entirety hold more 'shocking' info and realities than is able to even be imagined currently.. not just Mars though i am sure they are one of the planets out of innumerable others with many a hidden secret.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hmm the pillars could be volcanic basalt pillars.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/666c87abce97.jpg[/atsimg]
"Poumaka, one of several volcanic basalt pillars on Ua Pou (Marquesas Islands, French Polynesia)"
photo by Doug Herbst

Just playing devil's advocate here.

en.wikipedia.org...

It happens in nature sometimes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join